GDT: WCQF | G3 | “Welcome to Holloway” | Oilers @ Kings | 4.26.24 | 8:30PM | Staples Center | SN/CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Skinner's the literal back-up plan. Problem is the Oilers bet $25 million on a veteran guy to be their largely final missing piece. Getting it so badly wrong put this most critical position in the hands of an NHL rookie... now second year guy.

I viewed Skinner making this team as maybe growing into a hopeful competent NHL back-up. No where did I imagine a Cup hopeful team would be running him as a #1 as a rookie and now sophomore. Frankly this team is fortunate this guy hasn't melted down entirely under the pressure. But here we are.
Agreed. I hated the Campbell signing, I thought it was like taking a home run swing when a pitcher is throwing you trash. I thought he was the worst bet of the 3 FA goalies that year and none of them were anything special, terrible year to take a big swing on a goalie but they needed to do something and options were thin. I would of rather see them do a couple cheap gambles and focus on the team getting better defensively but there was a lot of pressure to stop the goaltending revolving door.

I think if Skinner was playing on Boston a lot of guys in here would be cursing management for not having a goalie like Skinner.

Reactions: TheNumber4

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I miss Jeremy Coupal. Him helping the coaching staff telling them goalie’s weak spots…you know…doing Dusty Schwartz’ job

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Agreed. I hated the Campbell signing, I thought it was like taking a home run swing when a pitcher is throwing you trash. I thought he was the worst bet of the 3 FA goalies that year and none of them were anything special, terrible year to take a big swing on a goalie but they needed to do something and options were thin. I would of rather see them do a couple cheap gambles and focus on the team getting better defensively but there was a lot of pressure to stop the goaltending revolving door.

I think if Skinner was playing on Boston a lot of guys in here would be cursing management for not having a goalie like Skinner.
Imo Campbell was a great guy to target. The cap hit is fine. But the term is unforgivable. Campbell was not fully proven. LA didn't give term to Peterson. The Knights didn't even give term to Hill. Why did we have to give term to Campbell? We didn't have to, end of story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad