Who wins and in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Today's game marked the first time since the team moved to Dallas that they scored 5 or more goals in consecutive playoff games.

Interesting given their runs in the late 90s early 2000s.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Benn has certainly stepped it up relative to the regular season, but yes, there is still some laziness in his game.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I cant see Nashville winning the series now, they might be able to find a way to steal Game 6, but unless they starting actually trying, theres no way theyre gonna be able to shut down Dallas for one game, let alone two. Disappointing considering the talent they have, but that seems to be the theme of the Playoffs this year.

Hats off to Dallas too, theyve been incredible the past few

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Today's game marked the first time since the team moved to Dallas that they scored 5 or more goals in consecutive playoff games.

Interesting given their runs in the late 90s early 2000s.

Those Stars teams were known for having a smothering defence. Belfour was also at the same level as Hasek and Roy for those 2-3 years. It's not surprising at all actually.

Reactions: sanfordn

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
You're really invested in this whole imaginary "Radulov vs. the Preds" thing for some reason.
I am invested in Preds and their fans getting their due for all the crap they were throwing at Radulov. I enjoy the Preds being torched by the player they did not want and were telling (untrue) stories about. Justice be done.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I am invested in Preds and their fans getting their due for all the crap they were throwing at Radulov. I enjoy the Preds being torched by the player they did not want and were telling (untrue) stories about. Justice be done.
Hey Sergei!

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Those Stars teams were known for having a smothering defence. Belfour was also at the same level as Hasek and Roy for those 2-3 years. It's not surprising at all actually.

The surprise is that this is also an extremely defensive team with elite goaltending but little scoring. Interesting that it was this Stars team that scored five goals twice in a row in the playoffs.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008

As great defensively and in net those teams are it's still surprising that Dallas from 97-01 didn't score 5 goals in back to back games. Those teams went to the Western Conference finals, Stanley Cup, Stanley Cup, and then 2nd round. That is a lot of playoff hockey and those teams were loaded. The team that won the cup in 99 had four guys who scored 500+ career goals and that doesn't even include Zubov, Lehtinen, Langenbrunner, Sydor, etc. Hitchcock's system definitely kept the offensive numbers down some and also hurt Modano's career numbers but those teams could still score a lot when needed. They were 8th in goals for and 1st in goals against in 1999. They played 70+ playoff games from 97-01 so I think that is why that 5 goals in back to back playoff games is a bit surprising.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The surprise is that this is also an extremely defensive team with elite goaltending but little scoring. Interesting that it was this Stars team that scored five goals twice in a row in the playoffs.

Preds had absolutely no answer for the three big boys together those last games.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad