• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I don't know why it can't be both that the defense needs to be better and that Georgiev was awful.

It’s been discussed ad nauseum. Every time Georgiev has a terrible game, there’s a back and forth between people making excuses for him by blaming the defense and those who expect an NHL caliber goalie to make a save sometimes since the defense is almost never going to be perfect. It’s tedious to blame defensive mistakes when no one criticizing GeogieVII says he needs to make every save.

It’s like criticizing GeorgieVII necessitates interventions from those wanting to blame the defense for not being perfect.

And point of fact, the same D who wasn’t perfect only gave up 23 shots.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
View attachment 857414

This is what gives me hope for the series. Jets obviously didn't play a perfect game, but I think the majority of their lack of success was because we played our game. If we can continue to play our game, and we can get some sort of save from a goaltender, there's no reason to think we cannot win this series handsomely.

This should have been the game the jets came out gunning, game 1 in front of the home crowd when you just wrestled home-ice advantage. No way you want to come out and lose it straight away. And yet, the Avs stomped them, apart from the whole goals thing, haha.
The positive thing is that many of our bottom six players like Trenin, Duheime, Wood and Colton are guys who show up when it comes Playoffs and you can just notice them. They seem to be playing on another level come playoff time.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
The positive thing is that many of our bottom six players like Trenin, Duheime, Wood and Colton are guys who show up when it comes Playoffs and you can just notice them. They seem to be playing on another level come playoff time.
Speaking of Trenin... one of the funniest things from last night was him skating as hard as he could to forecheck and just falling down. Dude might be more bambi than Rants.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Some people are, for whatever reason, determined to dislike him as a player.

Byram. That's the only reason
Literally the only reason at this point. We could have traded Byram for a 19 year old Crosby signed for 8 years @ $1.2M and you'd still hear people crying about him
If Annunen is still sick, the only option is Georgiev unfortunately. Can’t really start Prosvetov and expect good results either
Literally how could it be worse? The only thing I didn't see Georgiev do last night was pick up the puck and throw it into the net himself. And we might just see that in game 2 after the dam breaks 2 minutes into the game

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Georgiev has mentally checked out, he more than likely needs psychological help.

If they start him again tomorrow instead of calling up Prosvetov the loss is going to be 100% on management.

Yup, all the wishful thinking is over. He's not gonna magically turn it around. Bednar needs to put his balls on the table and put Prosvetov in game 2. Bank that the Jets don't have the scouting report on him and hope Annunen is back for 3. Running Georgiev back is just pure madness at this point.

Reactions: Balthazar

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Literally the only reason at this point. We could have traded Byram for a 19 year old Crosby signed for 8 years @ $1.2M and you'd still hear people crying about him

Literally how could it be worse? The only thing I didn't see Georgiev do last night was pick up the puck and throw it into the net himself. And we might just see that in game 2 after the dam breaks 2 minutes into the game
Georgiev was an active participant in the NYR locker room brawls. He did not care how big the other guy was. I would not worry if he throws the puck on purpose in his own net, I am more worried about him totally flipping out and smashing his stick on the back of the head of one of our own team players.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
That Bednar answer is absolutely terrifying. It sounds like he’s planning to start Georgiev for game 2.

He can’t keep pissing away games.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The NHL network just did a good breakdown on Avs defensive mistakes and goals allowed by Georgiev and it’s the same thing I’ve been saying. The defensive breakdowns are kind of breakdowns which you need a good goalie to make saves, and since we don’t have that goalie, Avs need to stop making those mistakes.

The kind of mistakes they make are easily avoidable. They are lazy brain farts if everyone pays attention to smallest of details, those mistakes won’t happen. They need to avoid those mistakes because they know Georgiev is not gonna stop the puck. That’s the only thing they can do to win this round since we don’t have another goalie option

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There's absolutely zero way anyone starts game 2 other than Georgiev, is there?
Yes there is....

CH46Bv3.png

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I really hope Moser phrased that wrong, because that makes it sound like were getting Georgiev back tomorrow.

We were always getting Georgiev in game 2, it would be ridiculous to expect anything else based on the words from Bednar. He was pretty adamant that the defensive mistakes were responsible for 2-3 of the goals.

Reactions: henchman21

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
The NHL network just did a good breakdown on Avs defensive mistakes and goals allowed by Georgiev and it’s the same thing I’ve been saying. The defensive breakdowns are kind of breakdowns which you need a good goalie to make saves, and since we don’t have that goalie, Avs need to stop making those mistakes.

The kind of mistakes they make are easily avoidable. They are lazy brain farts if everyone pays attention to smallest of details, those mistakes won’t happen. They need to avoid those mistakes because they know Georgiev is not gonna stop the puck. That’s the only thing they can do to win this round since we don’t have another goalie option
The defense isnt anywhere near 'allow 30% of shots on goal to score' bad

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006

You can't expect a team to be perfect defensively.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014

Last night was the best they can do.

Expecting anything beyond that is too much. You should actually expect worse.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We were always getting Georgiev in game 2, it would be ridiculous to expect anything else based on the words from Bednar. He was pretty adamant that the defensive mistakes were responsible for 2-3 of the goals.

Excellent, that means our goalies was only directly responsible for.... *checks notes.... 5 goals against!

I just booked June 24th off for the Cup Parade!

Reactions: The Moops

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Last night was the best they can do.

Expecting anything beyond that is too much. You should actually expect worse.
The defense isnt anywhere near 'allow 30% of shots on goal to score' bad

You can't expect a team to be perfect defensively.
They don’t have to be perfect but don’t make simple mistakes like Manson throwing the puck right in front of his own net for an easy chance against. Or don’t give up a 2 on 1 when the game is tied or you have the lead etc… those are avoidable mistakes which will prevent goals against, and any goal prevention right now will help the Avs since we have a goalie who can’t make saves

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
They're not calling Prosvetov up just to take in the Winnipeg sights.

Give him the net if Justus is unavailable and see if he can continue his strong AHL play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad