• Jets in 6

Votes: 34 16.0%
  • Jets in 7

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters

AVSfan2daMAX

Nov 24, 2006
Some strange takes in this thread.

Edmonton literally played their entire roster the night before in Arizona. They rested their guys because it was a back to back and played many games to end the season. The Oilers schedule to end the season is not at all comparable to a team playing twice in 10 days.

Blaming Bednar for dressing his full lineup given the circumstances is unfair.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
In my life time, I've never seen a team with the name "Jets" do well in the playoffs and it ain't starting this year.
Is winning one round then getting blown up by Dallas or a miraculously healthy Vegas doing ‘well’ though?

With Georgie being Georgie and now Drouin going down, this would start looking like a choke if the Jets can’t beat this Avs team

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
All I know is if the Avs were a true contender and were gonna go far with Drouin, they would be able to win at least the 1st round without him. Having one player out shouldn’t end your entire playoff run in the 1st round. Maybe if we didn’t have MacK then yeah, it’s probably over. The question is, are the Avs really a true contender with Georgiev, and is not having Drouin is the real reason why we won’t go far?

JudoKoala

The Ghost of Joe Sacco
Aug 10, 2020
Toronto
This might be the first time in my 30+ years of watching Nordiques/Avs that I'm probably not even going to show up for this series. If I'm surprised, great, but everything about the way this season ended has been so rotten. At least when we were perennial first- or second-round eliminatees, our mediocrity was something to be expected and normalized. I just have too much other shit to worry about.

Reactions: UncleRisto

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
If Nuke plays up to his potential we have a chance. He looked really good against the Oilers. He can carry the 2nd line if he's on his game and his head is on straight.

f*** the Jets f*** the naysayers f*** the injuries let's beat these mfers!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Nuke plays up to his potential we have a chance. He looked really good against the Oilers. He can carry the 2nd line if he's on his game and his head is on straight.

f*** the Jets f*** the naysayers f*** the injuries let's beat these mfers!
Yessss!!!’

f*** Georgiev and the 4 goals he gives up every game too. Let’s score 6 in every game and beat those f***ers!!!!!

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You've gotta be kidding me. Lost Drouin before the series even began?

I don't blame Bednar for that freak injury. Even if they had rested guys, Drouin probably still would've played in that game.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The only chance we have in this series is if we go full defensive structured hockey. Everyone needs to commit to playing D

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
They're saying 1 round for Drouin for now, but the fact that they ruled out the round right away instead of saying "day to day" means it's longer. I would bet that he's done for the year.

Originally I thought it would be Jets in 4 but with Drouin, G, etc. breaking before the playoffs, it'll probably be Jets in 3.

Reactions: Balthazar

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They're saying 1 round for Drouin for now, but the fact that they ruled out the round right away instead of saying "day to day" means it's longer. I would bet that he's done for the year.
Exactly, "he won't be there in round 1" regardless of how many games, means it's a long term thing.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If they’re not gonna put Mikko on 2nd line, why not go with

Lehky-MacK-Mikko
Duhaime-Mitts-Nuke

Duhaime did some good things playing with Mitts on that 2nd line

Reactions: Balthazar

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Arvid Holm was in the Jets organization for previous two seasons. I think he was mostly called up to provide possibly helpful inside information in real time and to help with practises etc. As a goalie he's just not good enough for a call up.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Duhaime did some good things playing with Mitts on that 2nd line
Those 2 had chemistry right off the bat. They didn't play together long enough to know if it's sustainable but it's worth a try.

Reactions: the_fan

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
So we lose Drouin, we don't get Landy and...

We have recalled defenseman Brad Hunt and forward Chris Wagner along with goaltender Arvid Holm from the Colorado Eagles.

Just don't even f***ing go to WInnipeg. It's a shit city anyway.
Malinski, Pavel, Olausson, and Minor are all out with injuries. Provy has been out with an illness. Weinstein, Koval, and Behrens just joined the organization and have never played for Bednar or the Avs. Ivan has been a healthy scratch for the last few games. IDK who you wanted them to call up. Hunt is likely insurance with Girard still out and Malinski not available.

The Eagles also start the playoffs here soon, and they need players. Losin their captain in Hunt and their top C in Wagner will hurt.

Reactions: TatteredTornNFrayed

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Blaming Bednar for playing all the guys in that last game and using the Oilers as an example of what he should have done is complete BS. The Oilers had a terrible schedule to finish the season and they were on the 2nd game of a B2B when they played us. If they would have had our schedule I bet they would have played their full team as well. Our players were very well rested and they know they play bad when they have too much time off. Bednar did the right thing. He asked them and they all said no because they were not tired. You protect the players from themselves when you have a schedule like the Oilers had. With our schedule you let them decide. He sits all our best players for that game and they come out very flat after a 7-day rest and all of you guys would be complaining that he shouldn't have sit them for that long.

It was just a freak accident and the Avs' way.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
This might be the first time in my 30+ years of watching Nordiques/Avs that I'm probably not even going to show up for this series. If I'm surprised, great, but everything about the way this season ended has been so rotten. At least when we were perennial first- or second-round eliminatees, our mediocrity was something to be expected and normalized. I just have too much other shit to worry about.
Alright stranger.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Yessss!!!’

f*** Georgiev and the 4 goals he gives up every game too. Let’s score 6 in every game and beat those f***ers!!!!!
Rah, rah, sis boom ba.........

Get real. The Avs have to first find a way to eliminate the Jet's forecheck and NZ clog. I haven't seen that happen this season. Bednar hasn't yet come up with a new tactic or configuration that opens up the game for his team.

Kudo's to him if or when he does. I just haven't seen it yet. To date, he's done the NHL equivalent of the French/British approach to WWI's First Battle of the Somme River.

Or Verdun for those less informed historically.

Last edited:
Reactions: the_fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad