• Total voters

Chibby

Jan 12, 2019
IMG_6166.gif

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
If for whatever reason Toews got himself injured on top the the JD injury and that's the lineup we roll out tomorrow then this team is cooked.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Putting the blame on Bednar is dumb, IMO. No one else was hurt. Game wasn't even physical. Just a feak accident.

Like I said the other night. The Eagles are still fighting for home ice. They have a bunch of injuries, so call ups were limited, and they just played B2B games the two days before the Avs played Edmonton.

Avs had played just 2 games in last 9 days. Bednar mentioned what everyone here knows, that they suck with extended time off. Having a bunch of guys sit for a week right before the playoffs wasn't a good idea, plus they have been playing like ass for a month. It's not like he forced them to play. Had he sit several guys, and they came out like crap Sunday, everyone would be bitching that they shouldn't have rested guys.
I agree with all of this and I would add that most likely the players wanted to play to help Mack beat Stastny's record. Those thing should not take priority over the playoffs but players care about each others and IMO the guys wanted to play to get Mack a better chance.

Like someone else said it was a freak accident. Kucherov and Matthews plaid to get their record and didn't get hurt. It is just the Avs' way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
It was a freak accident… but it was an unnecessary risk. Bednar should have protected the players from themselves, it is the coach’s job to look at the bigger picture and that was missed here. Yeah it can happen in any game, but like a preseason game it meant absolutely nothing and there is no sense in playing with fire.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It’s hard to blame Bednar. Im sure part of him wanted to rest players, another part of him wanted the entire team to play the last game and snap out of the slump they were going through, that’s why he made it optional for the players and they all wanted to play. This is just another Avs bad luck curse

Reactions: Vk1ing

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
So we lose Drouin, we don't get Landy and...

We have recalled defenseman Brad Hunt and forward Chris Wagner along with goaltender Arvid Holm from the Colorado Eagles.

Just don't even f***ing go to WInnipeg. It's a shit city anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So we lose Drouin, we don't get Landy and...

We have recalled defenseman Brad Hunt and forward Chris Wagner along with goaltender Arvid Holm from the Colorado Eagles.

Just don't even f***ing go to WInnipeg. It's a shit city anyway.
It is going to be a massacre. Any good will from the Oilers game has vanished. You know Drouin is loved in that room. This has to be a huge morale kick in the nuts.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Oilers scratched a lot of players, but they still had couple of key guys in that game like Nurse who could have gotten injured, but the Oilers just don’t have the Avs curse

AvsRuleU

Oct 16, 2013
Colorado
It's been years since I have been this pessimistic about the Avs chances going into the playoffs. It's how I felt goin in during the Avs rebuild years when they would sneak into the playoffs with no expectations of getting out of the first round. It should be the total opposite feeling after the year we had overall.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's been years since I have been this pessimistic about the Avs chances going into the playoffs. It's how I felt goin in during the Avs rebuild years when they would sneak into the playoffs with no expectations of getting out of the first round. It should be the total opposite feeling after the year we had overall.

What's more crazy to me at least....

I legitimately thought we would win the cup again after the deadline we had.

But my goodness the goaltending has done so much to completely change my mind in rhat regard.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Toews had a baby last year and he went into a long slump right after that... some people here were blaming the possible lack of sleep because of a newborn in the house.

Hopefully this doesn't repeat. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad