Pre-Game Talk: WCQF: [2] Minnesota Wild -vs- St. Louis Blues [3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Wild fan coming in peace.

Is it safe to assume that this is probably gonna be all y'alls lines for tomorrow?

I am making Minnesota's game 1 GDT and just wanted to be sure :)

They're being coy about Stastny, but if he isn't skating I doubt he's playing.

I think these may be the lines on paper tomorrow, and then after the puck drops they look different. But there is nothing better to put in the GDT.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
They're being coy about Stastny, but if he isn't skating I doubt he's playing.

I think these may be the lines on paper tomorrow, and then after the puck drops they look different. But there is nothing better to put in the GDT.

thx for the infos :)

I wouldn't make that assumption. The only line that is set in stone is the 4th line. First line C, 2nd line LW, and the entire 3rd line could change depending on how Yeo sleeps tonight.

:laugh:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
How about some pre-game gifs to start getting us psyched up for tomorrow?

jinjidejuren_4_by_20000120spirit-d66zz9u.gif

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
After becoming a nye unbeatable juggernaut the last 30 games or so, this is usually how I envision the Blues at the end of their runs...

giphy.gif

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Anyone care to offer an opinion regarding the Blues player you are most concerned about heading into the playoffs?

For me, it's probably Parayko. He's been a bit off his game in the past 10 or so games and just hasn't seemed as dominant. I think we need him to play better to have a chance at getting past the Wild and Hawks.

I would say Stas but that's stating the obvious and only b/c his injury is preventing him from playing.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Anyone care to offer an opinion regarding the Blues player you are most concerned about heading into the playoffs?

For me, it's probably Parayko. He's been a bit off his game in the past 10 or so games and just hasn't seemed as dominant. I think we need him to play better to have a chance at getting past the Wild and Hawks.

I would say Stas but that's stating the obvious and only b/c his injury is preventing him from playing.

I'd probably agree and go with Parayko, he hasn't looked the same lately. To piggyback off of that, I'd say Edmundson just because if Parayko is off his game, I don't know what to expect from Joel. He's shown that he could step up but if he has to shoulder a bigger burden, I think the Blues could be in trouble anytime Petro and Bouw aren't on the ice.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
The way some Wild posters talk about Tarasenko, as though he just scores inconsequential goals, I would really like to see him put a little fear into their hearts this series. The condescending attitudes are getting thick.

Short term memories apparently. His goal totals in playoff games is his most impressive stat, IMO. I bring it up because outside of Crawford, I can't think of a (good) goalie that Tarasenko terrorizes quite like Dubnyk.

I would actually have him as my number 2 factor behind Allen. If he can get on the board and get in their heads early, I think it loosens up the rest of the guys. We've watched too many playoffs where the offensive pressure just eats away at series hope. He can detour that by getting hot quick and could potentially get in the head of Dubnyk.

If they're unable to contain him in Game 1, it would probably also force Boudreau into a flurry of shuffling to compensate -- which he is certainly not known to be a master of.

Aside from that, I'm also anxious to see how many minutes Pietrangelo eats up. The Wild are such a great forechecking team, but their down low style is what Pietrangelo is absolutely elite at disrupting. Our third pairing, however, terrifies me against The Wild's system.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

I'm not particularly concerned about Parakyo or Ed, very confident in both tbh. I'm a little less confident in Schmaltz + Gunnar as our 3rd pair but they've looked pretty good recently. Not overly concerned about them. Would like to see Bortz get in some games when he's healthy. Gunnar is always a bit of a concern for me...he has looked better recently but he is terrible at handling an aggressive forecheck IMO.

With our forwards, Barbashev centering our top line is by far the most concerning to me. But I am also not sure how a 3rd line of Sobotka - Lehtera - Steen will play. That line is concerning to me as well. My guess is that they will get a lot of the tough defensive matchups.

Veneficus

Sep 30, 2014
I can't believe this suter>Pietro talk in the other thread. Am I staring through homer glasses or is that ridiculous?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I can't believe this suter>Pietro talk in the other thread. Am I staring through homer glasses or is that ridiculous?

Eh...I think you can make the case but its debatable. Last 20 games Pietrangelo is around a top 5 dman. Havnt watch Suter but he was stud like for the first half IIRC.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011

Honestly, neither are significantly better than the other. Defensemen that high up in the rankings are typically very fluid in their relation to others. Both are probably between 6-10 in the league. You'll get a different answer to who's better from any different fan at any given time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad