WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks | Sharks Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (2) Anaheim Ducks vs (3) San Jose Sharks

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Apparently you can change your vote. So with that I’m now going with Sharks in 5.

I’m embarrassed at the Ducks effort. Lindholm, Montour, Silfverberg and Gibson are only players who have shown up. Our best forwards are MIA and our coach has no idea what he’s doing.

AaronDellForPrez

RF Modulator
Dec 29, 2009
New Zealand, South Island
Speaking of Doughty, after watching his video rebuttal ("suspension was bs, awful, I'd do it again") - his left half of his lower face seems paralyzed. Was this from a stroke, or a hockey injury? It is very disturbing watching him speak, with only one side of his mouth moving. Looks like nerve damage.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Game 2 was kinda how i expected the series to look... but anaheim has way to many players that arnt really contributing and a lot of it is our top paid players.

On the plus side of things lindholm has looked good , scoring, defense, physicality.... only thing hes really loomed questionable on is the pk.

And montour has looked great, hes really stepped up in fowlers absense.

Unfortunetly rc loves bieska, and rc loves killing our powerplay by throwing getzlaf at the point.

Reactions: Paul4587

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I'm shocked the Sharks pulled it out but the Ducks are very experienced being in this position so they can't take home ice for granted. The Ducks are perfectly capable of stealing it back. Both teams need to bring their best game to win Monday.

The old man shark in me knows what your up to Floyd

Reactions: Phu

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
And so begins the long and painful descent of the perennial division winning Anaheim Ducks.

200w.webp

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
My Pacific prediction is looking worse by the minute.

What is going on in Anaheim?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Anaheims pp had me scared there for a bit.

Getzlaf while dangerous looks checked out.

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Anaheims pp had me scared there for a bit.

Getzlaf while dangerous looks checked out.

His back is broken from carrying us into the playoffs. Carlyle doesn't play four lines. And instead of developing one during the regular season... Well, this is what you get. :)

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Well, at least, Gibson made a beautiful blocker desperation save in the third period.
Was at the game and thought Gibson was brilliant. That blocker save and the glove save on Pavelski were beautiful.

Happy the sharks are headed back up 2-0 and I like the quotes from Couture about knowing what happened last year with ANA/EDM. Game 3 will be huge, but have been really happy with the Sharks effort so far. Marcus Sorensen has stepped up in a huge way and been really good both games IMO.

The push by the ducks at the end there made for one hell of an exciting finish too. Game 2 was definitely an exciting PO game.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Sharks have clearly been the better team. FWIW I hope they suspend perry, stupid dangerous hit.

That and I hope we fire this dinosaur of a coach.

The Fowler injury has hurt as bad. Our transition game and defense has been much worse without him.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Charging. You can’t take runs like that in open ice.
Charging generally means the refs don't know what to call it.
In this case they called it interference, even though they weren't sure who had possession.

The NHL rules on interference are written so badly they don't even make sense. But refs know stuff...

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Charging generally means the refs don't know what to call it.
In this case they called it interference, even though they weren't sure who had possession.

The NHL rules on interference are written so badly they don't even make sense. But refs know stuff...
Regardless, it was an unnecessary risk by Perry. Why even put himself in that position in such a critical part of the game / series? It was a low IQ hockey play.

Reactions: Phu

Brent Burns

“”“Re-tooling on the fly”””
Feb 7, 2007
Someone made a thread about Perry's blindside hit on Melker and a mod moved it to this thread, yet we clearly have multiple threads about similar things happening in other series. What gives?

Reactions: Iron Mosher
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad