WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LA_Viking

Jun 8, 2007
NorCal
Calm down about the 2014 Sharks. That was a flat out elite team that won 3 games against the best team in the NHL and had their best defenseman injured in game 5. They had more points than the Golden Knights did this year.

So you didn’t actually read my post and are just bu*thurt that I brought up 2014. Got it.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Well again, you need bad guys in sports, and people don't like Doughty because he is so freaking good and has caused problems for many a team. Throw in the fact he has traits like Corey Perry, who I also think is great for the league, and creates a ton of interest.
Yeah bad guys are good in sports for sure, they make the game entertaining, help to create rivalries and more. Just take a look to my username and avatar :naughty: I don't dislike Doughty or Perry, hell I even miss someone like Sean Avery. I'm just making fun of Doughty because of what he said about the Golden Knights at the beginning of the season and before the series against them.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tokyoite

I changed my name from "nipponjin" last summer.
Feb 22, 2015
Tokyo metropolitan area JPN
I'm pretty sure that Doughty will bolt the sinking ship and signs with his hometown team next summer.
Our Leafs should learn the lesson from VGK success. It's not going to happen anyway. Babcock's too stubborn.

Last edited:

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Don't be so complacent; their playoff starts now. Remember when they came back from a 3-0 deficit against the Sharks?

Well the odds of that happening again probably not likely.
Now if they somehow figure out to win the next 2 Vegas will start gripping their sticks very tightly.

Just don't see it.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
2014 they played a sharks team notorious for choking and Niemi/Stalock.

Is it possible again?

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Man, Doughty is an amazing person and outstanding player. I absolutely love the taunting and trashing of another team; no, it did not work out here but no matter. I'd love to have him in Ottawa and I'd despise seeing him in Toronto.

Full credit to VGK. I had Kings in 6, I think, and obviously that's out the window now. Just a fantastic team composition and effort, still hope another team wins the Cup though, expansion team winning in round one would be great for the league as a whole, but sour grapes over here.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
I'm pretty sure that Doughty will bolt the sinking ship and signs with his hometown team next summer.
Our Leafs should learn the lesson from VGK success. It's not going to happen anyway. Babcock's too stubborn.
Leafs winning the Stanley Cup this year?

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kings outplayed Vegas last night. Fluery came up big.

I don’t like complaining about reffing but it hasn’t been great.

LAs scorers have missed “golden” opportunities.

LAs power play is ridiculously stagnant and predictable. At least they have kept Vegas’s in check.

Reactions: Legionnaire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad