WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings | VGK Leads Series 3-0

WCQF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs (WC1) Los Angeles Kings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Kings outplayed Vegas last night. Fluery came up big.

I don’t like complaining about reffing but it hasn’t been great.

LAs scorers have missed “golden” opportunities.

LAs power play is ridiculously stagnant and predictable. At least they have kept Vegas’s in check.

Did the Kings really outplay Vegas? They had 48 CF and 53 CA at 5V5, but also had only 1.73 xGF, compared to 2.64 xGA. I'm not XGF%'s number one fan by any means, but when you go under 40% xGF, hard to say that you outplayed anybody.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Did the Kings really outplay Vegas? They had 48 CF and 53 CA at 5V5, but also had only 1.73 xGF, compared to 2.64 xGA. I'm not XGF%'s number one fan by any means, but when you go under 40% xGF, hard to say that you outplayed anybody.
I have never been a analytics guy. I felt that last night was much better than the first two games. If Brown and Toffoli were able to put pucks in the net LA would have been up 3-0 going into the third. Shots were better as were hits. Wheels came of in the third period. Again, LAs powerplay is predictable and stagnant. Big reason for LAs failure this postseason. Guess I have to give some credit to Vegas too. I feel like this series shouldn’t be 3-0. Is what it is tho. Can’t argue with the scoreboard.

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
I have never been a analytics guy. I felt that last night was much better than the first two games. If Brown and Toffoli were able to put pucks in the net LA would have been up 3-0 going into the third. Shots were better as were hits. Wheels came of in the third period. Again, LAs powerplay is predictable and stagnant. Big reason for LAs failure this postseason. Guess I have to give some credit to Vegas too. I feel like this series shouldn’t be 3-0. Is what it is tho. Can’t argue with the scoreboard.

Yeah, but the Knights had missed opportunities too. Every team has those. The problem with LA is game management. You can' come out crashing like they do, with a short bench and expect to have anything left for the 3rd period (and OT) playing like that. Vegas is just rolling lines and waiting it out, you know, 'rope-a-dope style.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So you didn’t actually read my post and are just bu*thurt that I brought up 2014. Got it.

If I felt any sort of pain any time somebody brought up 2014, I'd have to be a major masochist to still be posting on this site.

I read the rest of your post and I fully agree that this is a different situation, due to the fact that this LA team is a whole lot weaker than the 2014 Stanley Cup Champion.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
One step closer to classy MAF facing the team that dumped him in the finals.

Well there was this thing called the Expansion Draft. It happened during the summer and there's a new team called the Vegas Golden Knights. So the Pens really didn't want to part with MAF, but I'm sure you knew that

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Yeah, but the Knights had missed opportunities too. Every team has those. The problem with LA is game management. You can' come out crashing like they do, with a short bench and expect to have anything left for the 3rd period (and OT) playing like that. Vegas is just rolling lines and waiting it out, you know, 'rope-a-dope style.
Vegas has the luxury to roll four lines. The whole series has been a game of inches really. I'm still not sold on Vegas. Hard to deny what they have accomplished tho. I think they will struggle next round. Hoping LA can steal at least one game. Maybe drag out the inevitable a bit.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
while passing all the other teams that could of had him, but thought he wasn't any good. (or worth what the pens where asking)

To be fair it's hard to fit a goalie in with that contract.

Well there was this thing called the Expansion Draft. It happened during the summer and there's a new team called the Vegas Golden Knights. So the Pens really didn't want to part with MAF, but I'm sure you knew that

that's just flat out false. MAF was protected because of his clause. Penguins asked him to waive and offered Vegas a 2nd to take him. They were happy to get rid of his cap

It looks to be paying off for both teams

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
that's just flat out false. MAF was protected because of his clause. Penguins asked him to waive and offered Vegas a 2nd to take him. They were happy to get rid of his cap

Yup after having MAF play lights out for them in the CBJ and Wash series I'm sure they were happy to jettison him. Please.

If the Exp Draft didn't exist, they would have found a way to keep him

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm guessing the Kings were the Vegas odds favorites going into the series? It'll be interesting to see Round 2 odds between Vegas and the Sharks/Ducks.

Reactions: Legionnaire

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018
I'm so sick of hearing about Marc Andrew Flowery. You people, the telecasters.....he hasn't done anything this series worth noting. Seriously I can think of one save that came through traffic and was deflected. Yet all we hear about is how wonderful he is. And his 3 Stanley Cups of which he rode the pine how many games out of those runs?
On the other hand, Quick has been stellar until late 3rd period last game.
Stop being little followers. Mindless sheep who eat up all the TV hype. Hextall outplayed Fuhr and Moog and lost. Yet he was recognized.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I'm so sick of hearing about Marc Andrew Flowery. You people, the telecasters.....he hasn't done anything this series worth noting. Seriously I can think of one save that came through traffic and was deflected. Yet all we hear about is how wonderful he is. And his 3 Stanley Cups of which he rode the pine how many games out of those runs?
Stop being little followers. Mindless sheep who eat up all the TV hype. Hextall outplayed Fuhr and Moog and lost. Yet he was recognized.

Yikes, what did MAF do to your sister?

Quick has played well, but that doesn't mean MAF HASN"T. 2:10 at this video, that's a save through traffic and a mighty fine one too

And MAF went to back to back finals,winning one of those. Was instrumental in winning Rounds 1 and 2 for Pitt last Cup run too.

But yea...totally rode the pine

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Breathe dude. Breathe

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Vegas has the luxury to roll four lines. The whole series has been a game of inches really. I'm still not sold on Vegas. Hard to deny what they have accomplished tho. I think they will struggle next round. Hoping LA can steal at least one game. Maybe drag out the inevitable a bit.
Why can't LA roll 4 lines? I mean, Vegas's 3rd and 4th lines are technically scrubs. In fact, we hear of this expansion draft, but nobody seems to care that every single Knight player with the exception of Tatar could have been had for a second round pick...Or less.
Any fan that is mad about the Golden Knights should turn their anger toward their own GM.
Penguins wanted Fleury gone, CBJ had no use for Karlsson, Panthers gave away Smith to ensure they got away from Marchessault, Wild gave up Tuch because they wanted Haula gone, Neal and Perron were salary dumps etc etc.. Any team could have had any of those players for the price of a phone call. All Vegas is doing is exposing shitty GMs around the league.

As a Canuck fan, I know we could'e used any of these players, especially Fleury.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
To be fair it's hard to fit a goalie in with that contract.

maf was waved because we didn't want to lose murry....had to lose one........what's a guy worth that can carry tour team to the playoffs? looking back, i'm sure there are a few that wished they made room. and by the end of the first round there will be a few more. imo

kingsholygrail

Bonus Hockey Unlocked 44-27-11
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
If I felt any sort of pain any time somebody brought up 2014, I'd have to be a major masochist to still be posting on this site.

I read the rest of your post and I fully agree that this is a different situation, due to the fact that this LA team is a whole lot weaker than the 2014 Stanley Cup Champion.
2012-14 Kings were forecheck monsters much like Vegas has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad