WCH Div 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer J. Leafs

Jan 4, 2005
Justin&Mats was here
Habsfan 32 said:
Theres only 6 teams? I thought there were like 12 teams at the Worlds.

yes its 12 teams, but its
Group A (China, Great Britain, Hungary, Japan, Norway, Poland they play in Hungary)
and Group B (Romania, Italy, France, Netherlands, Estonia, Lithuania they play in the Netherlands)

Go Eastern Europe! :yo:

check this website out: IHWC.com

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Laugh all you want at these teams but I have a buddy that plays on the Netherlands team - he plays on my summer hockey team and dominates.

During the winter I play with a guy who was one of the leading scorers in the East Coast league and I think he led the United League one year - and the Dutch player is better. So there is some talent at this tournament.

Homer J. Leafs

Jan 4, 2005
Justin&Mats was here
what do you think wich team has the best chance to be promoted to the "real" World Championship??

I think in Group A its Poland
and in Group B its Italy or France

Your thoughts?

warsawyak

Sep 17, 2002
Warsaw, PL
Homer J. Leafs said:
I think in Group A its Poland
Poland will get beaten by both Norway and Hungary.

Hungarians have this superb Lavente Szuper on goal and Norwegians are a well-rounded team. Poles have a relatively weak team (without Czerkawski, Oliwa and, which is most significant, our premium goalie, Jaworski). At least our defence is OK (it would be even better with Borzęcki, tough).

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Homer J. Leafs said:
what do you think wich team has the best chance to be promoted to the "real" World Championship??

..and in Group B its Italy or France
That should be the case. So far though Italy seems to have a slight edge considering they beated Estonia 2-0 while France got only a draw yesterday against the same team (3-3).

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Le Golie said:
Laugh all you want at these teams but I have a buddy that plays on the Netherlands team - he plays on my summer hockey team and dominates.

During the winter I play with a guy who was one of the leading scorers in the East Coast league and I think he led the United League one year - and the Dutch player is better. So there is some talent at this tournament.

That's pretty cool.

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
Homer J. Leafs said:
yes its 12 teams, but its
Group A (China, Great Britain, Hungary, Japan, Norway, Poland they play in Hungary)
and Group B (Romania, Italy, France, Netherlands, Estonia, Lithuania they play in the Netherlands)

Go Eastern Europe! :yo:

check this website out: IHWC.com

================================

The only problem with your post is that Poland and Hungary are not Eastern- European countries.They're right in the middle of Europe(Hungary is)... :teach:

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
warsawyak said:

Hungarians have this superb Lavente Szuper on goal and Norwegians are a well-rounded team. Poles have a relatively weak team (without Czerkawski, Oliwa and, which is most significant, our premium goalie, Jaworski). At least our defence is OK (it would be even better with Borzęcki, tough).
=============================================

Props to you for not being biased tward your country :clap:

And I do hope that Hungary will win it!Even if we get right back in one year,it would be a huge step for hungarian hockey. :handclap:
We tied with Norway2-2
won against Japan 3-0!

COME ON HUNGARY!!!!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Michalek

Mar 3, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
warsawyak said:

I can see Poland beating Hungary. But I think that Norway will win this group ahead of Poland

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Poland's chances of winning the group took a major setback today with the loss to Norway. Poland's hopes now reside with Japan as the best, and only team remaining, that can beat Norway.

The first game on the last day of competition is Japan and Norway. If Norway wins, I'd imagine the Poles will be deflated as they will not win the group. They will not play with as much zeal later in the day in their match with Hungary as they would if winning the group were on the line.

If Hungary defeats China and the Brits, scoring sufficient goals in the process, and end up hosting a dejected Polish team, they could actually win this group and be promoted to the top group...

....who'd a thunk dat?...

...not I.

That said, if Japan can upset Norway the entire scenario changes.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Pretty good day for Hungary. Norway defeated Poland earlier today and the Hungarians took the initiative and ran up the score on the Chinese....

...9 to 0 Final.

Norway has a day off to rest their snipers for Friday's meeting against China. Considering that goal differential could decide the group winner, this game could get fugly.

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
Nemzetisport had an online update of the game.I was watching it and from what I read it could have been 15-0...We hit the goal post several times,on one occasion twice within a minute.Plus we in the third we started to take them lightly and some players got cocky.It almost cost us some goal against,but Budai was there. :bow:

I can't belive it.We are so close!!!

RIA RIA HUNGARIA!!! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Norseman

May 28, 2002
Norway
Norway won 25-1 (89-7 in shots). That means that Norway got +30 in goal difference. Hungary got +12 before tonights game against GBR. Tomorrow Norway faces Japan and Hungary faces Poland.

It seems hard for Hungary to win the group now.

Kiraly

Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, B.C.
Norseman said:
Norway won 25-1 (89-7 in shots). That means that Norway got +30 in goal difference. Hungary got +12 before tonights game against GBR. Tomorrow Norway faces Japan and Hungary faces Poland.

It seems hard for Hungary to win the group now.

I thought it might get pretty fugly.

Hungary obviously will lose the tiebreaker. The only way they can win is if they win their last two games and get a little help from the Japanese....

....which isn't very likely at all.

FrenchKheldar

May 11, 2004
Atlanta
Tonight first tough match up for France who plays Netherlands on their home ice. The group is still wild open (France tied Estonia, Netherlands tied Italy) but the Frenchies are not playing that good without Bordeleau, Treille et Huet. But everybody is missing players so that shouldn't be an excuse.... So ALLEZ LES BLEUS, you gotta win this one against the Dutch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad