WCF Gm#3: KINGS vs. Hawks - 6/4/13 - One Down Three To Go! GO KINGS GO!

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Kopitar Hasn't scored a single point in this series. :(

Brown also has Zero points.

And the Kings are still in the series as of today. That could of course change as of this time Friday if it continues, or it might not. That's why you have to let a series play out, and not focus on the details as you ride the wave up and down.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
LeBrun is saying it sounds like Keith will get a hearing:

It sounds like there will be an NHL hearing for Duncan Keith later today.... waiting to find out more, stay tuned

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I think this league is way way way too suspension friendly. But this "accident" that obviously is a deliberate "incident" should probably be punished. We're talking about hitting a guy in his face with a stick. Much more intentional than most of the hits that unintentionally hit the head. Those might be reckless and could lead to concussions. This could have taken out Carter's eye. If those are reckless than what the fuxx is this supposed to be?

Much worse than the Torres-Stoll hit imo.

I don't care if Keith acts like he feels bad about it and apologises for it. Who gives a **** really. He does it for himself and not for Carter. He realizes his stupid behaviour might cost him a few games so he needs to be sorry more than actually being sorry. I am quite sure these guys are aware of the cameras from all angles all the time and how they are perceived about their on-ice acting. If I was Keith I would without a doubt do what he did. Acting like a responsible offender, to the point where you yourself dress as a victim ("but I am only human"), is one the many lousy traits as humans that we repeatedly use to our advantage. Some actually do it for feeling bad about it. Those should be praised. In this case Keith? Not so much.

Probably very cynical of me but I think any competition at the highest levels in general is very cynical. Keith wants to win. I love him as a player. I think he is one of the better D's in the league. But that doesn't mean he can swing a stick in a guy's face and get away with it being the victim, which seems to be the case here.

Just my opinion.

Nailed it! :handclap:

The only thing seperating this from McSorley hitting Brashear is the outcome (less sever e an injury)in my mind. It's a premeditated swing that hit a player in the face. Keith should be done for a while, apology and feeling sorry or not. But the league punishes outcome and not intent so he'll probably end up with a fine if anything...

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Brown isn't scoring, but man is he bringing the hits wherever he can. If that's all he can do with whatever he's playing through, so be it. And if Kopitar's health reduces him to merely being an effective 3rd line centre, so be it.

The good and bad can balance if Carter keeps kicking ass as our number 1 center, and if Williams, Voynov and Toffoli can keep helping Carter carry the offense. The defense was terrific tonight, especially Muzzin and Greene, who played 13 minutes of wonderful, aggressive, smart hockey.

Very close to our best game of the playoffs right there, second only to that 3-0 win over San Jose.

Last edited:

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007
This is the WCF. Fantasy Hockey is over so we don't care who scores on the Kings just find a way to win. Kane and Towes have only one assist each vs the Kings but I don't think Chicago is ready to put them on the 4th line. So people should stop blaming Kopitar and Brown. Chicago is a great team and so are the Kings and were very lucky to have a team 3 wins away from going back to the cup final.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper
Can confirm #NHL discipline hearing for#Blackhawk Keith regarding his high stick on #Kings Carter. Time TBD but will take place later 2day

I disagree that Keith doesn't feel bad about it. I think anybody would feel bad about that. It appeared to be a total accident. Irresponsible, yes. But it was an accident. Of course Carter isn't going to be buddy-buddy with him or accept his apology. He is in the middle of a tough series and why make the opponent feel better about his mistake? That being said, if Bouchard got 2 games in the regular season, I'd guess Keith gets a game. It was a pretty nasty incident and I doubt the league will just ignore it.

That was probably one of the best games the Kings have played in the playoffs. They took it to them early and I heard after the game that Chicago didn't skate Monday or Tuesday and I think that it showed. They were sloppy with the puck and the Kings were jumping on all their mistakes. I wish the Kings had a little more finish in them but I'll take 2-1 (or 3-1 empty net) wins. Hopefully the Kings can keep the ball rolling.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Nick Kypreos
‏@RealKyper
Can confirm #NHL discipline hearing for#Blackhawk Keith regarding his high stick on #Kings Carter. Time TBD but will take place later 2day

Not the first time , Keith caught Danny Briere in the face in the 2010 SC Finals swinging a high stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97AcKjso4o

You can't be that careless when you're responsible for the stick in your hand. Pissed off at Carter, then challenge him another way that doesn't involve swinging a stick above the shoulder. That was just irresponsible and it did result in an injury.
He should get a couple games.

another reason to despise SHaw: (From SI this morning)

http://nhl.si.com/2013/06/05/kings-beat-blackhawks-3-1-game-3/?sct=uk_t11_a4

A lot was made of the nasty high stick that Duncan Keith raked across the mouth of Carter, but the game’s most egregious foul came after the final whistle when Andrew Shaw speared, or at least attempted to spear, Carter in the groin. Not sure if the incident will catch the eye of the Department of Player Safety. If it does, it could cost Shaw a couple of games.

Last edited:

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Andrew Shaw is a weasel. I haven't seen a player in quite some time get away with what he does after the whistle. What's it going to take FFS?! Someone needs to lay him out. The kid's a punk.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Not the first time , Keith caught Danny Briere in the face in the 2010 SC Finals swinging a high stick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z97AcKjso4o

You can't be that careless when you're responsible for the stick in your hand. Pissed off at Carter, then challenge him another way that doesn't involve swinging a stick above the shoulder. That was just irresponsible and it did result in an injury.
He should get a couple games.

another reason to despise SHaw: (From SI this morning)

http://nhl.si.com/2013/06/05/kings-beat-blackhawks-3-1-game-3/?sct=uk_t11_a4

A lot was made of the nasty high stick that Duncan Keith raked across the mouth of Carter, but the game’s most egregious foul came after the final whistle when Andrew Shaw speared, or at least attempted to spear, Carter in the groin. Not sure if the incident will catch the eye of the Department of Player Safety. If it does, it could cost Shaw a couple of games.

Saw that. Chicken **** play. Waited till the refs got in the way then took his shot. Of course, he won't drop the gloves and he won't actively get in anyone's face unless he's protected. Yeah, yeah, I know, agitator doing his job...I just want someone to lay him out hard.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Saw that. Chicken **** play. Waited till the refs got in the way then took his shot. Of course, he won't drop the gloves and he won't actively get in anyone's face unless he's protected. Yeah, yeah, I know, agitator doing his job...I just want someone to lay him out hard.

There's a difference between being an agitator and trying to hurt guys with cheap shots. This dirty play is really pissing me off. They took out one of our best forwards and now they are trying to take out our other best forward. It's ********.

I hate playing clean sometimes. I'd show Shaw how to spear someone, little *****.

If the Hawks want to get nasty, Clifford and Nolan (if he gets in the line up) along with the rest of the team should do that **** right back. I'm singling those two out because they should be getting invovled more than they have the whole playoffs. The Kings just need to stand up for themselves and that is the bottom line. They need their players to do what Justin Williams did last night and that is to let them know they aren't taking **** from anyone. I loved Williams' response and then Brown crushing Sharp later on. That is what needs to be done. If they sit there and worry about that type of **** then they are going to lose the series.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sharp is such a ***** too. "He wants to fight, I'll fight him next time!" ORLY?!?

Sharp and Williams fighting I'm sure is the equivalent eye candy to girls mud wrestling

But really, maybe you SHOULD fight him next time, instead of crosschecking him in the high back. But that seems to be a Chicago theme. No one wants to fight their battles without ref intervention.

Kind of a chicken **** team when the going gets rough, really.

Sydor25

LA Kings
After the game last night I thought the NHL wouldn't possibly suspend Keith, but after seeing this angle of the slash, he should get 2 games at least for being a repeat offender. I really wonder how Shanahan is going to explain this if doesn't suspend Keith. Keith gets a lot of torque into that swing. It wasn't an accident at all.

original.gif

I'm a little shocked that there are people in the media defending this play.

Last edited:

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Last night was a very close example to how the Wings took control of the last series. The Hawks are mentally not in the same universe as the Kings as far as composure and maturity are concerned. The Kings need to keep playing the game clean, pestering when they can, and standing up for themselves when necessary and they have a shot at this series.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
That's as dirty as a play can be.

The only people defending him are Hawks fans, people who hate Duston Brown, or people that are intimidated by Carter's boyish good looks.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That's as dirty as a play can be.

The only people defending him are Hawks fans, people who hate Duston Brown, or people that are intimidated by Carter's boyish good looks.

My favorite are suspension calls on Carter. No, don't mind the guy blowing his top in a routine scrum.

Last night was a very close example to how the Wings took control of the last series. The Hawks are mentally not in the same universe as the Kings as far as composure and maturity are concerned. The Kings need to keep playing the game clean, pestering when they can, and standing up for themselves when necessary and they have a shot at this series.

Very true. If we can pot the first goal, and get into some scrums without taking stupid penalties, the Hawks actually look like they'll unravel, something I didn't expect from them.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
My favorite are suspension calls on Carter. No, don't mind the guy blowing his top in a routine scrum.

Very true. If we can pot the first goal, and get into some scrums without taking stupid penalties, the Hawks actually look like they'll unravel, something I didn't expect from them.

Greener needs to lay some fools OUT :D

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
At the rate the Hawks are ramping up their dirtiness we may see one of our players have their career ended...

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I disagree that Keith doesn't feel bad about it. I think anybody would feel bad about that. It appeared to be a total accident. Irresponsible, yes. But it was an accident.

ORLY?

From Keith's owns lips postgame: "I wanted to give him a tap, but not where I got him," Keith explained. "I'm glad to see that he came back."

An accident you say, the only accident was that he hit him in the face. That's not an accident, that's just being regretful you got caught. The intent was there, maybe not to the face but he is responsible for his actions, he swung his stick, he's on the hook for what it hits.

Sydor25

LA Kings
Wow, the defense of Keith on the main boards is hysterical. Apparently a stick to the gloves equals a swinging stick to the face.

Carter wasn't even trying to slash his hand. I watched the Kings Vision replay of the whole play and Carter wasn't even looking at Keith when he brought his stick over Keith's head to get back into the play. Carter's stick hit Keith's glove on the way down to the ice. The media and some of the main board posters are talking like it was a vicious slash to Keith's bare hand. Keith then forcefully swings his stick at Carter, looking at him the whole time, and people think it was an accident? :laugh:

If Carter really slashed Keith's bare hand, it would probably be broken and every Hawk's fan would screaming for a suspension. I'm a little shocked by some of the media blowing off keith's slash as a normal reaction to a scrum. Carter's "vicious" slash to the back of Keith happens in every game and there is no mention of it by anyone. I agree that some of the stickwork in the NHL is getting out of hand, but the NHL has always looked at head fouls as the biggest offense of all. Cross checks and slashes below the neck are usually just in game penalties when they are called.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
ORLY?

From Keith's owns lips postgame: "I wanted to give him a tap, but not where I got him," Keith explained. "I'm glad to see that he came back."

An accident you say, the only accident was that he hit him in the face. That's not an accident, that's just being regretful you got caught. The intent was there, maybe not to the face but he is responsible for his actions, he swung his stick, he's on the hook for what it hits.

LOL @ "I wanted to give him a tap" You don't extend your stick up when you just want to give a tap. SHUT YO FACE. I like how he points out that Carter came back. WHY I OUTTA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad