GDT: WCF Gm#3 | KINGS#5 vs. BLACKHAWKS#1 | Tuesday, 6/4/13 @ 6:00pm PT | NBC-SN, TSN, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogyekcoh*

I have been wishing/posting DS to put Carter in center since the St. Louis series. Finally, it took an injury for him to do it. Carter looks real good in the last game. I hope he will keep him there.

Second, to spark up Kopitar, I agreed with some posters here on this board to have Kopitar plays on the 3rd line and perhaps put Stoll on the 1st line just to spark up some energy. It works on Brown with the Sharks series.

Third, We need to have Nolan back in the line up and start banging the bodies like Bickel did to us. We need to be dirtier and nastier than they are to win this series. Being/playing nice will only get you an early golf game.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Nothing has changed until the Kings actually lose at home.

You can keep saying it, but it doesn't make it true.

Plenty has changed since the series started.

The Kings have gone from 4 chances to win a road game to 2 chances.

The perceived reletive strength of the Kings and the Hawks has also taken a huge swing.

Richard went from being healthy to being concussed.

That's a lot more than nothing.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

The perceived reletive strength of the Kings and the Hawks has also taken a huge swing.

That's alot more than notohng.

One or the other will be true only after tonight. Right now, it's all perception and chances. The only true thing is that the Hawks are up 2-0 having won both games at home.

The Kings had to win at least 1 game in Chicago before the series started to win the series, as long as they win at home. That still holds true. It doesn't matter if that 1 win comes in Game 1, 2, 5, or 7.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Muzzin is back in at practice

Richards (no surprise) is not at practice. If the 'upper body injury' is a concussion, isn't protocol 1 week minimum? That might mean no Mike until game 6 (if there is a game 6)

If Kopitar is hurt and Sutter knows this, why does he/that line continue to get the most minutes?
Wouldn't it make more sense to give the 2nd,3rd a few more and maybe split the minutes better?

Hoping for close to a 60 min effort and not giving the Hwks as much room.
And hoping the Kings lay the body and wood on the Hawks, let them limp off to the dressing room.

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.

That's a lot more than nothing.

Save it for the post game threads. No Debby Downers on GDT before the game is played. Go KINGS!!!!! Must win guys.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Regardless of whatever happens, are we not pleased about how far this team has come? Now we EXPECT to make it to the finals every year, whereas we used to expect (or hope) for a top 5 pick.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
If Kopitar is hurt and Sutter knows this, why does he/that line continue to get the most minutes?
Wouldn't it make more sense to give the 2nd,3rd a few more and maybe split the minutes better?

At the same time, if Kopitar is able to get out on the ice for a game, then he might as well play. The Kings have to get points from him.

The two goals he's had have come at home, in the 3rd period of Game 4 against St.Louis, and in Game 5 against San Jose. Just about the only two times in the playoffs where the Kings have looked good for long stretches. Kopitar assisted on Voynov's road OT goal. He assisted on the 2nd Williams goal in Game 7.

If he's hurt, but able to play, he's just far too valuable not to put out there.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
win or lose - I will NEVER question this team's heart or effort.

4-1 Kings. GKG!!!

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Regardless of whatever happens, are we not pleased about how far this team has come? Now we EXPECT to make it to the finals every year, whereas we used to expect (or hope) for a top 5 pick.

I consider this season a success, win or lose from here on out.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

The golden age for Kings fans. Or silver age.

It hasn't been the glitziest. But a Cup and at least two conference finals within 2 years? With a legitimate chance for another real run or two? Never been the case before.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
win or lose - I will NEVER question this team's heart or effort.

4-1 Kings. GKG!!!

Agreed. How some posters around here can so freely criticize these players motives on or off the ice is beyond me, it makes me think that they are newer younger fans who can't quite appreciate what it felt like to wait 20, 30, 40 plus years so see a single championship. What happened last year earned a lot of credit in my mind. This team has a collective mental toughness that I think few people really appreciate.

If we get beat by a better team this year, so be it but I refuse to believe these guys haven't centered their lives around winning the Stanley Cup.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Agreed. How some posters around here can so freely criticize these players motives on or off the ice is beyond me, it makes me think that they are newer younger fans who can't quite appreciate what it felt like to wait 20, 30, 40 plus years so see a single championship. What happened last year earned a lot of credit in my mind. This team has a collective mental toughness that I think few people really appreciate.

If we get beat by a better team this year, so be it but I refuse to believe these guys haven't centered their lives around winning the Stanley Cup.

(this X 1000, well done)

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
Of course thinks have changes greatly.

Before the series, as you say, LA had to win all it's home games, and one win on the road.

But after being dominated by the Hawks in the first two games, and still assuimg that LA will win it's home games, LA needs to to win 1 of 2 away games, previously it was 1 in 4.

And after being dominated in the first two games, the chances of LA winning 3 out of 3 homes games took a serious hit too. Remember, the Hawks lost only 3 away games all year in 24 regular season games. It's not like they are putty on the road, like LA.

Before the series started, many we predicting the Kings to win. Not many are now.

GO AWAY..... do not know who you heard but very few picked the Kings to win the series, and if/when we win the next two the bandwagoneers will be back on board....in the mean time use the putty on your pie hole and troll somewhere else

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
this team has performed every time it has needed to and do not expect anything else tonight, we have the same people complaining and expecting the sky to fall as we did after game 2 of the blues series, the blues picked up the right guys at the deadline, the blues have a much better defence , the blues have McDonald back( my favorite LOL) completely different team, kopi suxs, greene is hurt, etc etc etc....lets wait until the end of tonights game to freak the f### out ok , do not know about youall but I will give them the benefit of the doubt, we just played 13 grueling hard fought games to get here and although game one didn't seem as close as the score, in game 2 we deflected one past quick and put one in ourselves, the hawks are a good team but not a great one so lets GET FREAKING LOUD TONIGHT AND HELP WILL THIS TEAM AHEAD TO GAME 4 GO KINGS GO GO KINGS GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad