Scuderi - Doughty
Regehr - Voynov
Greene - Martinez

Quick

alternate between Fraser/Muzzin for that extra spot

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Alternate bodies. That will keep the drive alive in players. It's become too stagnant and predictable. And for the love of god put Martinez in.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just watched the stanley cup dvd and good god...who are these guys :P

It looks like a combination of lack of drive/fire, fatigue, and injuries, as well as scouting. Some of those things you can't control or manufacture. The adjustments CAN be made. I still like our odds at taking a split. As godawful as today was, Chicago actually was pretty sloppy too.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
this has to be done !

Brown - Kopitar - Carter
Penner - Richards - Toffoli
Clifford - Stoll - Lewis
King - Richardson - Nolan

Scuderi - Doughty
Regehr - Voynov
Greene - Martinez

Quick

alternate between Fraser/Muzzin for that extra spot
Williams?

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I just watched the stanley cup dvd and good god...who are these guys :P

It looks like a combination of lack of drive/fire, fatigue, and injuries, as well as scouting. Some of those things you can't control or manufacture. The adjustments CAN be made. I still like our odds at taking a split. As godawful as today was, Chicago actually was pretty sloppy too.

I wasn't overly impressed with their game either.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Holy cow some of you act like you've never watched a playoff series before. It's one game, this team will adjust.

Every single team left in the playoffs has looked like garbage at times. Have a little patience and have a little faith.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Has there been any word on how Mike Richards is?...is he expected to play tomorrow?

I'm not really sure what to make of the hit...i thought it looked okay but very borderline...but also realize as a Hawks' fan i'm probably pre-disposed to deciding those types of hits in my team's favour. In any event, if Bolland gets suspended it's not like i'm going to start screaming it's unfair or anything. Watching the play, I can definitely see why people would have a problem w/ it...and why he might be suspended.

As an aside...thanks for not trolling the Hawks' board after the hit. One game in and I still like your fanbase.

Also...I was wondering how this away game compared to the other away games you've played in the playoffs. In our PGT I commented that I was surprised that your team didn't look nearly as strong as I expected but that Quick was awesome...and someone from your board replied to my post that my comment reflected other road games you'd played. So I was just wondering, in the context of a playoff road games, how this compared to your other ones.

Last edited:

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Holy cow some of you act like you've never watched a playoff series before. It's one game, this team will adjust.

Every single team left in the playoffs has looked like garbage at times. Have a little patience and have a little faith.

Offensively we have looked like garbage just about the entire playoffs. Lets be honest, except for one game against the Sharks, even when we win we look bad. Quick has bailed this team out and willed them to this point, which is as far as they will go with that happening. Chicago is too talented to get passed with our best players playing below, or way below what they should be.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011

Welcome back and I enjoy the enemies perspective ;)

This was just as bad as any other road game, if not worse. Horrendous effort. Quick was definitely on tonight though.

I have nothing, but respect for what the Hawks have done this year and I know all fellow Kings fans feel that way.

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Has there been any word on how Mike Richards is?...is he expected to play tomorrow?

I'm not really sure what to make of the hit...i thought it looked okay but very borderline...but also realize as a Hawks' fan i'm probably pre-disposed to deciding those types of hits in my team's favour. In any event, if Bolland gets suspended it's not like i'm going to start screaming it's unfair or anything. Watching the play, I can definitely see why people would have a problem w/ it...and why he might be suspended.

As an aside...thanks for not trolling the Hawks' board after the hit. One game in and I still like your fanbase.

Also...I was wondering how this away game compared to the other away games you've played in the playoffs. In our PGT I commented that I was surprised that your team didn't look nearly as strong as I expected but that Quick was awesome...and someone from your board replied to my post that my comment reflected other road games you'd played. So I was just wondering, in the context of a playoff road games, how this compared to your other ones.

This year, we've been pretty bad, to be honest. i don't know if we deserve to be this far in playoffs considering our inability to score goals. We've probably played one solid game this whole playoffs, but today's game was even worse than how we normally played. I don't recall us turning the puck over so much in one game. It is quite obvious that everytime the hawks get the puck in our zone, they're a major threat. Any advantage I thought we would have by being "more physical" seemed to have been nullified. You guys hit as hard as we do with more speed and top end skill. i think it all comes down to Kopitar's line being so damn ineffective and that's killing us. If ranked by efficiency, I would say Kopitar's line is our 3rd most effective line and that's just not goign to work from here on out. I don't know what's going on, but Kopitar has become the Penner of the regular season.

but as far as the hit goes, it was borderline. doubt any suspension happens

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
Offensively we have looked like garbage just about the entire playoffs. Lets be honest, except for one game against the Sharks, even when we win we look bad. Quick has bailed this team out and willed them to this point, which is as far as they will go with that happening. Chicago is too talented to get passed with our best players playing below, or way below what they should be.

agreed 100%

this is really reminiscent of the Terry Murray days when we can't score and are completely reliant on goaltending. Our defense is just a shadow of what we were last year.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This year, we've been pretty bad, to be honest. i don't know if we deserve to be this far in playoffs considering our inability to score goals. We've probably played one solid game this whole playoffs, but today's game was even worse than how we normally played. I don't recall us turning the puck over so much in one game. It is quite obvious that everytime the hawks get the puck in our zone, they're a major threat. Any advantage I thought we would have by being "more physical" seemed to have been nullified. You guys hit as hard as we do with more speed and top end skill. i think it all comes down to Kopitar's line being so damn ineffective and that's killing us. If ranked by efficiency, I would say Kopitar's line is our 3rd most effective line and that's just not goign to work from here on out. I don't know what's going on, but Kopitar has become the Penner of the regular season.

but as far as the hit goes, it was borderline. doubt any suspension happens

I tend to agree. I wouldn't want to see Brown suspended for a hit like that. Hopefully, we will get to see one or two from him tomorrow to change the tide of the series a bit.

Brown managed to get a pretty good lick in on Toews near the end of the game.

Jun 30, 2006
Alternate bodies. That will keep the drive alive in players. It's become too stagnant and predictable. And for the love of god put Martinez in.

Not just getting stagnant but our team is beat up. Factor in Richie getting blown up at the end, and we got a MASH unit out there.

Kopitar was doing ok at times, but he needs to drive to the net. Staying along the boards with the puck is exactly what the Hawks want him to do.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Not just getting stagnant but our team is beat up. Factor in Richie getting blown up at the end, and we got a MASH unit out there.

Kopitar was doing ok at times, but he needs to drive to the net. Staying along the boards with the puck is exactly what the Hawks want him to do.

Yup.

Sydor25

LA Kings

Did you miss the other 5 2-1 loses on the road? :laugh:

Obviously the series isn't over since the kings are still alive, but the kings have the worst possession numbers in the playoffs after leading the NHL during the regular season.

Something happened against St. Louis. Fatigue or injuries.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Welcome back and I enjoy the enemies perspective ;)

This was just as bad as any other road game, if not worse. Horrendous effort. Quick was definitely on tonight though.

I have nothing, but respect for what the Hawks have done this year and I know all fellow Kings fans feel that way.

I'm more of the "opponent" than the "enemy". I want you to lose (in 4 games, if possible!), b/c that's necessary for the Hawks to win. But fwiw after the Hawks' lost in the 1st round last year I grabbed one of your "bandwagon" avatars...and cheered for you the rest of the playoffs. so i'm not entirely evil...just mostly evil :laugh:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
The play of our 1-2 centers killed any hope of winning Game 1.

And that was the case in the other games against the Hawks.

I'm sorry when you have one center who is -8 in 4 games against your playoff opponent you better try your best to avoid that line matchup.

The Toews line dominated the Richards line, but it shouldn't be a surprise, they have done it all year when these teams have played.

And as for Kopi, it's to depressing to think about now. The jump he used to have is gone, he just has to be hurt.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm more of the "opponent" than the "enemy". I want you to lose (in 4 games, if possible!), b/c that's necessary for the Hawks to win. But fwiw after the Hawks' lost in the 1st round last year I grabbed one of your "bandwagon" avatars...and cheered for you the rest of the playoffs. so i'm not entirely evil...just mostly evil :laugh:

You're alright :laugh:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd like to see more fight from the Kings and see some intensity from this team, but hey, at least they didn't come out looking like the Penguins did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad