GDT: WCF Game 5 | NOON!?!?! | vs STL | 12:00 PM PST | NBC KFOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Whelp woke up to watch the game on DVR, what a f***ing shitshow.

The series is over, it was after the second period of game 3 really.

Fire DW, Deboer, jettison Spott into the sun. Let Pavs and Thornton walk, sign Karlsson to no more than 10mil or let him walk and I’m not even sure I sign him at all really. Trade Dillon, Melker, Braun. Send Haley to the sun with Spott. Send Goodrow to the AHL where he belongs.

Lastly, the NHL needs to have a serious look at the reffing in their league. It’s a f***ing embarrassment, and honestly these playoffs, even with the “lucky” calls we’ve gotten, has really turned me off to hockey. It’s disgusting the amount of bullshit that gets let go in the playoffs. Having two sets of rule books, and game managers not refs, is pathetic for a professional league.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
It couldn't have been more obvious that 7d was the right choice. Even if Karlsson lasted the game spelling him would have gone a long way

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
They did though...

That seems to be the second time that the coaching staff demonstrated utter incompetence regarding management of Karlsson's injury. The Boston game was probably dumber because on top of everything, it was also just a regular season game. I get that you want his contributions in the playoffs no matter how small, but then you have to plan for that by adding Heed instead of a useless boat anchor that plays 5 minutes on the 4th line. I get that they want to re-sign EK65 and walk around on eggshells with him, but this is just dumb imo.

Reactions: ISharkted and Phu

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Anyone see Seto's post? Hes so pissed about the hit on Pavs, calling for 3 games

Reactions: Phu

Medteam

May 19, 2019
I know the Sharks deserved to lose today but once in a while the goalie needs to steal a game (game 5 against PIT in the 16 SCF with a Jones). Until you fix the goalie/defense issue, we will never win. Too many games where the sharks need to score 3,4,5 goals to win. That doesn’t work in the playoffs

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
I know the Sharks deserved to lose today but once in a while the goalie needs to steal a game (game 5 against PIT in the 16 SCF with a Jones). Until you fix the goalie/defense issue, we will never win. Too many games where the sharks need to score 3,4,5 goals to win. That doesn’t work in the playoffs

True, but it sucks because the sharks D is the best it's ever looked on paper, unless you prefer Wallin and huskins

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I don't care about just stacked teams and good coaches. I want an organization that stresses urgency and the value of playing 60 minute games. I want a coach that has won a Stanley cup and knows exactly what it takes to win one and get the most out of his players.

Doug Wilson has gotten this Sharks organization to the playoffs 20 something years and 0 cups! Is it not time to try something different? When Is it time to try something different if not now?

One thing I see is we are always underachieving. We are always tired and injured because we play the victim role. Always the flopping fish out of water at the end of a heartbreaking playoff run. I've watched since Thornton got traded to the Sharks and its been the same song every single year.

Doug Wilson knows how to build stacked teams but I strongly believe his weakness is he doesnt understand chemistry and the right players to get over the hump. I'll believe it when I see it but so far

0 CUPS

Preach goddamnit preach!! I’ve been thinking this every damn year

Reactions: bdave

tealzamboni

Mar 3, 2007
It couldn't have been more obvious that 7d was the right choice. Even if Karlsson lasted the game spelling him would have gone a long way

I would've liked to see 7D too. It might burn out the cycle game, but at least the backend would be a bit fresher. Or Burns can always play some of his 30 min at F. :naughty:

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Anyone see Seto's post? Hes so pissed about the hit on Pavs, calling for 3 games

The league is a joke, they won’t give anyone anything for todays game if the headshot on Braun gets nothing.

I also love how the refs suddenly start caring about roughing/interference the second the sharks start returning the favor to STL. I watched Karlsson get checked at least 3 seconds after he made a pass to his d partner behind the net, puck was miles away. Ref saw it, just let it go. What a f***ing joke.

91Fedorov91

Apr 20, 2016
California
It seems like Hertl has been targeted all series. Here is Perron with the sucker punch on Hertl that nbc decided not to show a replay of.

ISharkted

Apr 11, 2009
Whelp woke up to watch the game on DVR, what a ****ing ****show.

The series is over, it was after the second period of game 3 really.

Fire DW, Deboer, jettison Spott into the sun. Let Pavs and Thornton walk, sign Karlsson to no more than 10mil or let him walk and I’m not even sure I sign him at all really. Trade Dillon, Melker, Braun. Send Haley to the sun with Spott. Send Goodrow to the AHL where he belongs.

Lastly, the NHL needs to have a serious look at the reffing in their league. It’s a ****ing embarrassment, and honestly these playoffs, even with the “lucky” calls we’ve gotten, has really turned me off to hockey. It’s disgusting the amount of bull**** that gets let go in the playoffs. Having two sets of rule books, and game managers not refs, is pathetic for a professional league.

A Sun Spott?

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
Preach goddamnit preach!! I’ve been thinking this every damn year
I'm on that small boat of not signing ek65 and Pavelski, let Jumbo walk or if he's OK with knowing we are rebuilding he can mentor the young padawans, but this franchise is owed a rebuild, today's era rebuilds are different than say 1996, the talent pool is massive.

We keep retooling, we need to rebuild.

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I'm on that small boat of not signing ek65 and Pavelski, let Jumbo walk or if he's OK with knowing we are rebuilding he can mentor the young padawan, but this franchise is owed a rebuild, today's era rebuilds are different than day 1996, the talent pool is massive.

We keep retooling, we need to rebuild.
I can agree at this point. If this roster couldn’t get it done which would? It’d be nice to give some young guys more chances. Who knows what hidden gems we have...We’ll never know if we have stubborn coaching decisions either.

And again, I’m not trying to be too negative. I understand that there’s still a game 6...but I can also recognize patterns in the way this team plays.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
I can agree at this point. If this roster couldn’t get it done which would? It’d be nice to give some young guys more chances. Who knows what hidden gems we have...We’ll never know if we have stubborn coaching decisions either
I gotta say this roster being this injured has to be unlikely to repeat. Right?

RickyHP

May 9, 2013
Bay Area, CA
I gotta say this roster being this injured has to be unlikely to repeat. Right?
Even if healthy going into next season with the same personnel...I’d be shocked if we could stay healthy going into 2020 playoffs. This team goes into the playoffs on stretchers every year. I don’t understand how they’re so fragile

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I can agree at this point. If this roster couldn’t get it done which would? It’d be nice to give some young guys more chances. Who knows what hidden gems we have...We’ll never know if we have stubborn coaching decisions either.

And again, I’m not trying to be too negative. I understand that there’s still a game 6...but I can also recognize patterns in the way this team plays.
This roster is hurt and Karl has been hurt all year. Also goaltending and team defense have been suspect all year and our powerplay needs a complete overhaul. If all these things happen the Sharks can continue to compete for years.

Reactions: Phu and RickyHP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad