WCF Game 4: Winnipeg Jets @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN1, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
My point is Vegas has not been the better team despite teh series lead no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Cool. A lot of series go down like that. Pens-Caps for example..Usually the team with better goaltending and a bit of luck wins. That's just hockey.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Love the LV system they play, minimizes skill required to use it and maximizes team speed. PMO has been outcoached and MAF has totally schooled Helle in this series. Jets are done in this series, even if they win game five there is no chance they win three in a row. Great series LV, hope you guys win the cup now. Great story around the team, Cinderella story this year. Congrats!

Reactions: ChanceVegas

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
First two periods say hi. Also, it was natural for Vegas to sit back with the lead. Winnipeg did not generate much after they tied it in the 3rd.

Jets sat back with the lead in game 1, and Vegas barely generated s***. Plus if a team is dominated to an extreme point (Jets had 10 scoring chances to Vegas 0 until the game winning goal), it still shows flaws on that team.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Because the roster looked god damned awful

I don't know if it's that or people seriously underrated them.

Their lineup features 7 former 1st round selections and 7 former 2nd round selections. Then again, they also have 5 guys in their lineup who were never drafted.

It certainly did look like a ragtag group on paper, but man, Gallant has the Midas touch.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
A one off?

It's not "coincidence" that all 30 team's scouts and GM's ****ed up.

Apparently nobody at the NHL level can judge talent.
This is correctomundo my amigo.

NHL management is one of the last refuges of the Jurassic period and the Vegas phenomenon illustrates this perfectly.

Reactions: BVG

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
oh stop it. You laughed at this roster with the rest of us

Yeah we all laughed because we all assumed that this was a team of cast aways and b level players because all our GM's told us so.

It's not like any of us are getting paid hundred's of thousands to millions a year to grade NHL potential and talent.

Never mind that this entire run completely shits on the need to sign any Matthews or McDavid's for 15 mil a season...

Reactions: ChanceVegas

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Love seeing all this 'expansion team' disrespect thrown about. ATL/WPG ain't O6 brahs.

Maybe disrespect is harsh. Using 'expansion team' as some kind of indication of inherent inferiority. So condescension?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
oh stop it. You laughed at this roster with the rest of us

Yup.. Everyone laughed at expansion draft and the team put together... Its funny seeing people NOW trash talk other gms

I even saw Vegas play their 2nd regular season game this year and they looked awful.. I assumed it would be a long year but then they turned it around

Reactions: Devonator

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Have to hand it to Vegas. Every mistake the Jets make, they capitalize. Not the most talented team on paper but hard working and well coached.
I agree with this...the Jets and Tampa are the most talented teams in Hockey...but talent always takes a back seat to a team that is fully in sync...No one honestly is going to say the Knights have a super talented team although they are no slouches either....but they have the mojo right now....I would bet the house now that they win it all....Tampa or the Caps are not beating this team ....

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
A one off?

It's not "coincidence" that all 30 team's scouts and GM's ****ed up.

Apparently nobody at the NHL level can judge talent.
They screwed up because vegas is winning? It was the owners job to make sure they failed in their first year?

Vegas doesn't get to where they are If they had the opposition's goalies and the opposition had maf.

I could see maf repeating this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad