WCF Game 4: Winnipeg Jets @ Vegas Golden Knights | 8 PM ET | CBC, SN1, TVAS, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Basletball is NOT a soft sport lol. You're basically in a small wooden box and need to score against massive people with great ability, haha.

Anyway, full credit to VGK here, they are just so timely and Flower is playing way over his head at times.
This team is driven. Series not over, but I find it hard to see WPG winning in 7.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Well i guess it's time to stop listening to the other 30gms and only listen to gmgm, because he's clearly a hockey genius and the only hockey mind who knows what he's doing.

Until he doesn't of course.

Hey, I'm seeing exactly what you are seeing here. I'm seeing a bunch of no names at the start of the year out work, out skill and out skate everyone.

Their highest paid player makes 5 mil. That's what he's worth. 5 mil. Not 8 or 10 even. Lol. 5.

So again? Why do we need a McDavid when you could/should fill it with a bunch of solid core 6 mil cost players who will just roll 4 strong lines against any team dumb enough to invest 15 mil into one player? Which is...oh yeah...EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE LEAGUE.

Again, this is embarrassing for the league.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
You’re wrong. This is really no different than the Oakland A’s of the early to mid 2000s in baseball, except Vegas is having success in the playoffs. Nobody thought that was a mockery. In fact, they made a movie about it.

Meh. Agree to a degree. Building a hockey team and a baseball team are two different beasts altogether. Apples to oranges.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Goalies don't win cups by themselves. This team is structured entirely different to what every other team is striving to build too.

There is absolutely ZERO need for super stars eating your entire cap space when you could fill it with 2nd line players who work hard. This Vegas run SHOULD be changing the entire way that the rest of the league builds teams and grades talent.

Again. It's turning our league (100 years of history) into a joke in how the team is structured and how the entire league grades talent.
You are overreacting. All the recent cup winners had plenty of superstars.

Sid/geno/phil
Toews/keith/kane/hossa
Doughty/quick/carter/kopi
Chara/bergeron/thomas

This team is a one off. It's not a revolution in how to build a team.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Jets sat back with the lead in game 1, and Vegas barely generated s***. Plus if a team is dominated to an extreme point (Jets had 10 scoring chances to Vegas 0 until the game winning goal), it still shows flaws on that team.

VGK is a flawed team. It comes out against a team w superior or equal skill. They are also getting outworked for stretches. But, WPGs puck management is not good, VGK are capitalizing pretty well.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Meh. Agree to a degree. Building a hockey team and a baseball team are two different beasts altogether. Apples to oranges.

And building an existing, established team through a prolonged, detailed management strategy is different than building a new team through an expansion draft where many high-end players were available that likely shouldn't have been if the NHL was being reasonable.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You’re wrong. This is really no different than the Oakland A’s of the early to mid 2000s in baseball, except Vegas is having success in the playoffs. Nobody thought that was a mockery. In fact, they made a movie about it.

I'm absolutely not wrong and nothing you just posted countered anything I said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad