GDT: WCF Game 2: Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS | DAL Lead 1-0

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
All right lets get these Conference Finals Started.

0*n3-Ilxm-URmgigUq.gif

Wait? What do you mean it's game 2.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

There is no way we all could have forgotten about Game 1.

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

ad30224a41cc30d21966f9c54aca12b8.gif

4hp6.gif

Dallas-Oh-Yeah.jpg

Right.... well um, I wasn't prepared for this but here goes...

2WIz.gif

:stars @ :vegas
Dallas Stars @ Vegas Golden Knights
8:00PM ET | 5:00PM PT | 12:00PM NZT
Rogers Place | Edmonton, AB

Dallas Lead Series 1-0

Game broadcast: NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS

:vegas

Pacioretty-Max.png
Karlsson-William_3.png
Stone-Mark_VGK_.png

Marchessault-Jonathan_3.png
Stastny-Paul.png
Smith-Reilly_2.png

Cousins-Nick_VGK-2020_.png
Roy-Nicolas_VGK-2020_.png
Tuch-Alex_1.png

Carrier-Will_1.png
Stephenson-Chandler_VGK-202.png
Reaves-Ryan.png

McNabb-Brayden_1.png
Schmidt-Nate.png

Martinez-Alec_VGK-2020.png
Theodore-Shea_2.png

Holden-Nick.png
Whitecloud-Zach_VGK-2020_.png

Lehner-Robin_VGK-2_.png

Fleury-Marc-Andre_7.png

:stars
Janmark - Pavelski - Radulov
Benn - Faksa - Comeau
Dickinson - Seguin - Perry
Kiviranta - Hintz- Gurianov

Lindell - Klingberg
Oleksiak - Heiskanen
Hanley - Sekera

Khudobin
Oettinger

*Uncomfirmed/made up lineups

GO :vegas GO

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012

Getting the 1st goal is super important. Need to find some confidence and can't let the Stars get a lead and go into their defensive shell.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Getting the 1st goal is super important. Need to find some confidence and can't let the Stars get a lead and go into their defensive shell.

I honestly think It is more us then their defensive shell. Colorado had no problem scoring on them.

Our offense has really went to shit.

I sadly think it has more to do with Deboer than anything else. Shark fans had a lot of bad things to say about his offensive system this season.

Lets see what happens this game. If our offense still sucks, then might as well just lose the series cause no way they would be able to beat a team like Tampa or even the Islanders with their defensive shell.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I honestly think It is more us then their defensive shell. Colorado had no problem scoring on them.

Our offense has really went to shit.

I sadly think it has more to do with Deboer than anything else. Shark fans had a lot of bad things to say about his offensive system this season.

Lets see what happens this game. If our offense still sucks, then might as well just lose the series cause no way they would be able to beat a team like Tampa or even the Islanders with their defensive shell.

Dallas couldn't afford to play the way they did in G1 against Colorado. The Avs had too much speed for the Stars to just clog up the neutral zone. Once they scored that goal the other night they went almost full neutral zone trap and we just couldn't figure it out. You either need to make lots of short passes or dump and chase. Both require a team to have their skating legs which we clearly didn't have in G1 for whatever reason.

If the Knights get their feet moving and still can't score then yeah they're in big trouble, but that game against the Stars looked entirely different than the games against Vancouver. If they get the kind of chances they were getting against Demko they'll score more than enough on Khudobin.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I usually agree with your takes but not this time. I'm with @The Duck Knight on this one. It took a historic stretch of play by Thatcher to keep this offense from filling the Vancouver net with more rubber than a tire factory.

I think It's all about beating the Trap and I believe the adjustments will be made to do it this series.
tenor.gif

I'm here for the phenomenally illustrative gif.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad