GDT: WCF Game 2: Chicago @ Anaheim Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawzee

Mar 20, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
I am genuinely exhausted after that.

Our 4th line was expectational tonight. Crawford kept us in the game big time.

Not sure how long we can carry the 3rd line though.

Whatever though, 1-1 taking it the UC. Very happy

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Tied turned, i think we should have won the first game...maybe lucky this one...even up.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
That wasn't a must win at the start of the night, but would have been crushing had we not won with how long it went.

Great win.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Johnny Oduya man...

Dude was so awesome

He was excellent in the 3rd and much of the 1st OT. About midway through that 4th he was absolutely brutal with the puck. He had the really bad icing, reversed the puck behind his net (which led to TOs) way too many times, held pucks too long, and have several mindnumbing turnovers.

Oduya's hockey IQ is abysmal but he did have the stretch in which his play bailed us out several times.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
That wasn't a must win at the start of the night, but would have been crushing had we not won with how long it went.

Great win.

I think it was a "must" win. Anaheim is too organized with the way they play for us to come back from 0-2.

Nov 9, 2014
Didn't deserve to win this one, but as the Hawks often do, they found a way. Maybe the best game of the season for Shaw. Oduya was also excellent - what a difference compared to how he played earlier this season.

Obvious off day tomorrow and I'd tell 2, 4, 7 and 27 to not even think about hockey before Game 3. We'll see how their legs are in the first period Thursday.

What a game.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Special teams were the difference, Hawks 2 for 5 on PP, Ducks with no PP goals i believe.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I don't know about you guys, but that's the best game I have ever seen Shaw play

I thought he played pretty well in the 13 playoffs a few years ago. That entire 4th line was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad