WCF: Edmonton Oilers vs. Colorado Avalanche ( Avs lead 3-0 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Colorado is down 4 very key players yet they aren’t complaining about injuries, Edmonton is down… Yamamoto and the excuses about injuries are non stop.

Good teams still find a way to win
Yeah but to be fair, Edmonton has zero depth. Before this series started the Avs had players that were healthy scratches that would be 3rd liners for Edmonton. That was why they had to go with 11 and 7 in game 3, they litterally have zero depth and even those players on the 3rd line would barely crack the roster of any of the other 3 teams.

We knew this before Yamamoto was injured. Shallow team would be an understatement

Reactions: Three On Zero

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
That poster is a dude who lives in Edmonton and hates it here but for some reason still hasn't moved. He does nothing but come onto the Oilers board and mains to troll.
Yea Figures.
Pure envy on the trolls part.
Oilers winning two big rounds.
McDavid and Draisaitl putting up Wayne and Mario like numbers
Now in tough against a much stronger deeper team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reparlana

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
How many players have the avalanche knocked out of games again? Seems to me more then the oilers and yet it's the oilers are dirty

I guess you could make the argument about binnington, although thats debateable... but other than that, who?

• Haha

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
I don't think I've ever seen a team as bad at defending 2-on-1s as the Oilers. Nurse and Bouchard seem to have an uncanny ability to avoid defending the pass and the shot.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yeah but to be fair, Edmonton has zero depth. Before this series started the Avs had players that were healthy scratches that would be 3rd liners for Edmonton. That was why they had to go with 11 and 7 in game 3, they litterally have zero depth and even those players on the 3rd line would barely crack the roster of any of the other 3 teams.

We knew this before Yamamoto was injured. Shallow team would be an understatement
Yep. You need depth to win it all.
But not to get to the third round.
Nobody said the Oil were gonna win the cup. They went about as far as that roster could go.
Nothing to be ashamed of ......ain't a team in the league can beat the 2022 Aves in a seven game series.

Reactions: rodney dangerfield

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
How many players have the avalanche knocked out of games again? Seems to me more then the oilers and yet it's the oilers are dirty
It happens . Dirty cheap shot guys. Oilers have Kane. Aves have Kadri. Rangers have Trouba.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
It happens . Dirty cheap shot guys. Oilers have Kane. Aves have Kadri. Rangers have Trouba.

But it isn't JUST Kane or Kadri...the athletic has a good write-up calling out others too. And they aren't wrong.

And OMG.....they said Mack slew-footed Drassaitl LOL ;)

Last edited:

snag

Feb 22, 2014
You sure about that?

There's definitely a team that looks like a sheep in wolves clothing. Pretenders, fakes, and frauds here but it ain't the Avs :laugh:

You do realize that post is from before the series started, right? Are you that desperate for validation?

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I actually don’t think the Kane play was worth a suspension to be honest. He got him in the numbers but it was a light cross check and I don’t think kadri had the best footing there to begin with. Imo this was more of a reputation call.

As an Avs fan I am ok with it however as Kane scares the hell out of me when it comes to physical play and I’ve been worried all series long that he was gonna kill Byram and end his career.
I just watched it for the first time and I agree. I hate Kane and love seeing him fail, but it wasn't an intent to injure. It's the same push players do a dozen times per game.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
got him in the numbers

cross check

I don’t think kadri had the best footing there to begin with.

I highlighted this because you described why it should be a suspension always

If player safety is truly important reckless plays need to be addressed. Players need to respect other players to help player safety.

Goons are gone, a goon cant punish kane like the old days - that part the nhl fixed. Now it is on them to close their own loop on player safety

Reckless plays are what needs to be addressed.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I guess you could make the argument about binnington, although thats debateable... but other than that, who?
Yamamoto

And you know what I'll give u the binnington hit being debatable, but being Kadri and his history it makes it lean to one side. Esp his history with goalies

snag

Feb 22, 2014
So what? A bad take deserves to be called out, it doesn't matter if it was before the series started or not, it was bad then and even worse now

Then why the f*** do they even play the games or we watch?

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017

Kadri made no cheap shots whatsoever this playoffs. Avs have precisely no supplementary discipline whatsoever this post season. Oilers on the other hand...

Yamamoto

And you know what I'll give u the binnington hit being debatable, but being Kadri and his history it makes it lean to one side. Esp his history with goalies
Nah, it doesn't really work that way. You look at each case individually unless you are assessing the punishment. Nothing here punishment worthy. Even the blues organization themselves didn't seem to make it much of a big deal, clearly knowing there was nothing intentional here. It really was a fluke accident and didn't really even look like Binny got hit that hard. Just a freak accident.

But yeah, I forgot about Yamamoto. It's unfortunate that he was injured, but there wasn't anything dirty about the hit. Players get injured playing hockey on clean hits all the time.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Kadri made no cheap shots whatsoever this playoffs. Avs have precisely no supplementary discipline whatsoever this post season. Oilers on the other hand...

Nah, it doesn't really work that way. You look at each case individually unless you are assessing the punishment. Nothing here punishment worthy. Even the blues organization themselves didn't seem to make it much of a big deal, clearly knowing there was nothing intentional here. It really was a fluke accident and didn't really even look like Binny got hit that hard. Just a freak accident.

But yeah, I forgot about Yamamoto. It's unfortunate that he was injured, but there wasn't anything dirty about the hit. Players get injured playing hockey on clean hits all the time.
Yamo hit was questionable. But there wasn't much talk of it or replays to see what happened. Apparently he is out for game 4 as well

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
Yamo hit was questionable. But there wasn't much talk of it or replays to see what happened. Apparently he is out for game 4 as well

Ok, so Yamamoto goes out on a "questionable" hit (but isn't penalized or even really talked about outside oilers fanbase), and Kadri goes out from a 5 min boarding major that results in a 1 game suspension for Kane, but we are supposed to believe the Avs are the more goonish team?

Reactions: Bender and klozge

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Ok, so Yamamoto goes out on a "questionable" hit (but isn't penalized or even really talked about outside oilers fanbase), and Kadri goes out from a 5 min boarding major that results in a 1 game suspension for Kane, but we are supposed to believe the Avs are the more goonish team?

Erke.gif

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
They got to the third round. Losing to a superior team does not make them frauds.
Last seasons third round teams - Habs Islanders Knights Lightening.
Three of them didn't even make the play offs this season.
Teams doesnt have to be world beaters to make the third round in the NHL .......and losing when you get there doesn't expose any of those teams as frauds. 🤣

Ya don't say ....... my point was nobody outside the networks cares who is watching what series more than the other.
But thanks for the useless " viewership" updates . Lol
You’d be surprised but people do actually find it interesting on how good viewership is

ollipolli88

May 22, 2022
Then why the f*** do they even play the games or we watch?

You serious? Lol, no need to take it so personally. Someone had an awful take and now it's being ridiculed. Life still goes on. It wasn't even your comment, so why are you taking it personally?

Reactions: Bender

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So what? A bad take deserves to be called out, it doesn't matter if it was before the series started or not, it was bad then and even worse now

Exactly. That's the problem with these boards, they make horrendous takes and then when you call them out on it.. they get defensive and start playing the victim. Zero accountability. :laugh:

Oilers played 2 consecutive teams that missed the playoffs the year prior, and he goes out and calls the Avs frauds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad