GDT: WCF #3 | "Let's Get Loud, Edmonton" | Oilers vs Avalanche | June 4 2022, 6:00PM MT | SN, CBC, TNT/630CHED, KKSE-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
rp7fEyI.png

OO3fZkr.png

AjK2Amz.png

qJqw3V5.jpg

mvCd1gn.png

ouiW4YR.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc.-brand GDTs are not packaged for individual resale*

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Kassian in with Connor is genius in my opinion... Kassian is a scary mf'er who radiates giving zero f***s and if he's out there throwing hits in the offensive zone can you imagine how timid Makar will be in the corner... Idk I like it

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Kassian in with Connor is genius in my opinion... Kassian is a scary mf'er who radiates giving zero f***s and if he's out there throwing hits in the offensive zone can you imagine how timid Makar will be in the corner... Idk I like it
Kassian actually plays decent with McDavid. Kane and Kass can really punish their D if we can manage to forcheck at all.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not trying to be that guy but one positive about Yams being out is that Drai gets better support in Hyman and Nuge being on his line instead of Nuge and Yams which just doesn't work. Still not the config I want for Drai but its a lot better. Kassian and Kane will bring heat. They will open up some ice in which to make plays. All Kass has to do on that line is chaos and hits and he'll bring the package. I like these configs more.

Kass also under rated as a cycle player and passer.

Back to the 11-7 is the right thing to do. yama being out also facilitated that.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The prophecy of McJesus was never going to be a smooth ride. Tonight, he shows the non-believers and thee who have little faith why he walks on water.

Execution, speed, physicality, defense, AND goaltending will be at new level we haven't seen before. We win tonight, first of 4.. in a row!

5-1 Oil.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I remember in 2006 when Edmonton went down 2-0 to San Jose I literally wrote the team off. Was so discouraged. They came backed and ripped off 4 straight wins. So there's no way I'm writing them off now. This series isn't over. Just need 2 home wins here.
Like the saying goes, the series doesn't start until someone loses on home ice. The Avs held serve for their 2 at home, now we must do our part at home.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not trying to be that guy but one positive about Yams being out is that Drai gets better support in Hyman and Nuge being on his line instead of Nuge and Yams which just doesn't work. Still not the config I want for Drai but its a lot better. Kassian and Kane will bring heat. They will open up some ice in which to make plays. All Kass has to do on that line is chaos and hits and he'll bring the package. I like these configs more.

Back to the 11-7 is the right thing to do. yama being out also facilitated that.
Kassian is less than useless this playoffs so hopefully Kane and McDavid can carry his dead weight.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

I think it is a mistake to go 11-7 and not push Holloway in. Holloway is a vastly superior player to Archibald, and in the absolute worst case Holloway can do the same thing Archie does in the same mins, and likely do it better as he is SIGNIFICANTLY faster AND bigger. He is the prototypical forechecking winger actually. Name something that Archie does that Holloway won't do better, please, name it, cause I can't think of one.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I think it is a mistake to go 11-7 and not push Holloway in. Holloway is a vastly superior player to Archibald, and in the absolute worst case Holloway can do the same thing Archie does in the same mins, and likely do it better as he is SIGNIFICANTLY faster AND bigger. He is the prototypical forechecking winger actually. Name something that Archie does that Holloway won't do better, please, name it, cause I can't think of one.
Yeah, cause with 11-7 Drai or McDavid will be venturing the 4th liners, so might as well have skill there.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I would have put Shore in. Usually the guy gives a real solid after being scratched for a while. Sit Archie. Nurse better not be on the top pair. Holloway must not look ready to be in a playoff game or it's Woodcroft being stupidly stubborn. PJ and Nuge need to find another gear. PJ just needs to be that disruptor and Nuge needs to find a shot that can hit the net. Kassian..just play hard.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Live or Die Time!
"What does it matter to ya
When you've got a job to do
You gotta do it well
You gotta give the other fellow hell"

This ain't no conspiracy, it's time for the Great Reset. Welcome to Mr. McDavid's Neighbourhood. Forecast is for melting snow with a chinook arch bringing high pressure and intense heat. Oil have a job to do tonight. Bring it!

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

I agree about Yamamoto as I didn't like Woodcroft going back to a combination that clearly doesn't work. I do like Drai with Hyman and RNH though. That's a combination I've been yearning to see all year as RNH-Hyman works and Draisaitl adds more offensive punch to that combo, who can compensate for his defensive liabilities. Out of curiosity, what's your ideal config with Leon?

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I would have put Shore in. Usually the guy gives a real solid after being scratched for a while. Sit Archie. Nurse better not be on the top pair. Holloway must not look ready to be in a playoff game or it's Woodcroft being stupidly stubborn. PJ and Nuge need to find another gear. PJ just needs to be that disruptor and Nuge needs to find a shot that can hit the net. Kassian..just play hard.
Kassian and nurse need to go. Unfortunately we’re stuck with nurse for a ridiculous contract. but oh well, it is what it is. Either Edm can rattle off a few wins aNd show everyone they really are a different team or they completely collapse and play their worst when it mattered most. Aka classic oilers. Lol

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Yeah, I don't get it. Either the coaching staff is seeing something in Holloway that's concerning to not put him in an NHL playoff game or they're being plain stupid. Some of the players that are projected in tonight's line-up are magically going to start playing better? Montreal put Caufield in last year and look what that did for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad