WCF: (1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (2) Winnipeg Jets | VGK Lead Series 3-1

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
I don't think Vegas has played cheap at all. I am annoyed the way the draft worked out and that a city like Vegas, who have never showed even a little passion for hockey, could potentially just walk up to the league and buy a cup winning team but the team itself is highly respectable. Just a group of guys who got cast aside and are making the best of it. They haven't played any dirtier than every team does in the playoffs. If they win the cup, I will be disappointed because other teams have to develop under much harder circumstances and it feels like a shame it goes to the one team that got to assemble their whole line-up at once for a city like Vegas, but I'll live. We all will.

I will say that the actual Vegas fans on this board have been pretty respectable for the most part. I was reading their forum a bit last night and they act far more gracious than the Vegas supporters on the main boards. Not to say the Jets fans are perfect but there is a lot of people who got behind Vegas just to rip on the Jets and I think is partially the reason for a lot of the anger.

I think you have quite the misconception about Las Vegas never showing an interest for hockey. Vegas is a major transplant city. Not many people living here are originally from Nevada. A large amount of people who live here that are from the midwest and northeast and grew up with hockey. You can't walk 50 feet without running into someone from Michigan it seems. Lots of people out here were fans of other teams for a long time and have adopted Vegas as their team because they have been living here for 10-20 years.

I know looking from the outside it seems odd, that the gambling capitol of the world in the middle of the desert would be a great city for hockey but if you understood the dynamics of the people that live here it wouldn't be surprising at all.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Man, I skip the boards for a few days due to work and travel and I miss out on 20+ pages! You guys have been busy! I finally get to go to a game this round, tomorrow should be fun, win or lose. I was at one of the other games that Vegas was in town in the regular season, can't wait to watch them live again! Here's hoping we can keep the series alive though!

Jordan Belfort

Jan 13, 2016
Anaheim CA
It just easy for disgruntled Jets fan to sit in an ivory tower and spew nonsense now that they are down 3-1. If it was reversed none of this would be coming to light. You can dislike the Knights all you want which is fine but don't come on here and spew hyperbole at what a disgrace and classless an organization they are when you don't know anything.

The VGK organization did so much after Oct. 1 for the community like giving blood, making donations to grieving families, honoring people who lost their lives in a senseless tragedy. They are constantly doing selfless thing which really helped the city heal. They let fans who can't afford to go to games into free practices. Not many teams even have open practices let alone give the fans get that much access to the players. They flew the coaches wives and children involved in the Humboldt tragedy down for a game 3 of the WCF. If all this isn't the epitome of class I don't know what is.
Jets fans haven’t been the classiest as of late. Very happy to see Vegas pummeling them after EVERYONE in the series talk was saying Vegas didn’t deserve to be here and they were going to get destroyed. Even after game 1 everyone was disrespecting Vegas. Really hope they can send these guys home in 5 and win the cup for this city

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
It just easy for disgruntled Jets fan to sit in an ivory tower and spew nonsense now that they are down 3-1. If it was reversed none of this would be coming to light. You can dislike the Knights all you want which is fine but don't come on here and spew hyperbole at what a disgrace and classless an organization they are when you don't know anything.

The VGK organization did so much after Oct. 1 for the community like giving blood, making donations to grieving families, honoring people who lost their lives in a senseless tragedy. They are constantly doing selfless thing which really helped the city heal. They let fans who can't afford to go to games into free practices. Not many teams even have open practices let alone give the fans get that much access to the players. They flew the coaches wives and children involved in the Humboldt tragedy down for a game 3 of the WCF. If all this isn't the epitome of class I don't know what is.

Perfectly stated

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Listening to Bob McKenzie’s podcast, towards the end of it he reads a letter from a disgruntled Jets fan who claims the success of Vegas means the death of the NHL and that was an elaborately crafted plan by Bettman and his cronies. Oh and the media gushing over Vegas is in on it too, because apparently Bettman is the one who butters their bread.

Gotta love these special individuals. They might need to find some psychiatric help.
Definitely not listening to Canadian media. Compliments for Vegas are as rare as rocking horse turds.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm a Leafs fan and I take some solace in that Leipsic hasn't meant squat to Vegas. I can only imagine how those Karlsson and Marchessault teams and fans are kicking themselves now.
The majority of the Columbus fans get pissed when one suggests that management screwed up.

The faith most have in our mostly inept management is mind boggling

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Thought WPG would win game 4. I was wrong. Thinking they will win game 5. Backs against the wall, all out desperation mode in front of a fanatical crowd.

Series comes back to Vegas and they close it out.

Reactions: Stumbledore

bring back the jets

Oct 30, 2010
I think you have quite the misconception about Las Vegas never showing an interest for hockey. Vegas is a major transplant city. Not many people living here are originally from Nevada. A large amount of people who live here that are from the midwest and northeast and grew up with hockey. You can't walk 50 feet without running into someone from Michigan it seems. Lots of people out here were fans of other teams for a long time and have adopted Vegas as their team because they have been living here for 10-20 years.

I know looking from the outside it seems odd, that the gambling capitol of the world in the middle of the desert would be a great city for hockey but if you understood the dynamics of the people that live here it wouldn't be surprising at all.

I don't want to start an argument about it, if you are a long time hockey fan then we are no different so I'm not trying to hate, but that's the conception I already had. Tourists and people from other cities, that is the "passionate hockey culture" of Vegas. I get it, the NHL is a business and there is more money to be made tapping into non-traditional hockey markets than providing places like Quebec City with a team. That is nothing new and if it spreads the popularity of the sport it can even be a good thing, but seeing a city like Vegas win a cup their first year is not something I can get excited for. Would feel like the NHL just handed the cup out to the highest bidder. Figuratively speaking of course, I'm not aboard the "NHL is rigged" train.

HankMoody

May 19, 2018
I don't want to start an argument about it, if you are a long time hockey fan then we are no different so I'm not trying to hate, but that's the conception I already had. Tourists and people from other cities, that is the "passionate hockey culture" of Vegas. I get it, the NHL is a business and there is more money to be made tapping into non-traditional hockey markets than providing places like Quebec City with a team. That is nothing new and if it spreads the popularity of the sport it can even be a good thing, but seeing a city like Vegas win a cup their first year is not something I can get excited for. Would feel like the NHL just handed the cup out to the highest bidder. Figuratively speaking of course, I'm not aboard the "NHL is rigged" train.

Yeah definitely not trying to start an argument I was just trying to provide some insight to Vegas that a lot of people don't understand or misconstrue. No harm no foul. I have just heard way too many people say Vegas never deserved a hockey team in the first place and it's a city that doesn't even like hockey. That was the narrative 2 years ago and somehow it's still lingering around. The only reason that narrative existed is people had no comprehension of this city and the people who live here and how badly they were salivating for a professional sports team.

And not getting excited for Vegas possibly making the finals in their first year is a fair thing to say and understandable from a fan of another team. What's not fair is to say they don't deserve it, or to say it was rigged, or to say the NHL handed it to them, or to say they bought a championship, or come up with more tin foil conspiracies than an X-files episode. Everything this team has accomplished up to this point was earned with hard work on the ice playing by the same rules as everyone else.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I’m surprised no one has taken me up on my one year avatar bet if Seattle wins in their first season.

I’m mean it’s a given, right? Easy to put together a Cup winning team picking from half of the NHL!!

Yet, nothing. Crickets. Nadda.

I’m truly perplexed......

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think the Knights have only 2 opportunities to wrap this up because if it goes to game 7 they're not winning.
So they better make this next one count.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
It really is hard to hate Vegas. Such a hard working team. Relentless on the fore check and back check.
Yeah the opening ceremonies were over the top but Las Vegas is all about entertainment so they get a pass I guess.

Cheering for the Jets and Caps as I like the teams and as a Leafs fan know their pain in bad luck, bad management decisions and heartbreak.
Nothing against Vegas or their fans but an expansion team winning the cup just feels so wrong.

BUT BUT BUT, if Vegas meets Tampa, it's GO KNIGHTS GO all the way.

I can't stand the Lightning.

Please though, don't let Hollywood make a movie about it.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
wire-2590464-1522209041-556_634x437.jpg

A Winnipeg Jets Player’s Prayer

Our Father who art in the rink,
Hockey be thy name.
Thy will be done, the Cup will be won
On ice, as well as in the stands.
Give us this day, our hockey sticks
And forgive us our penalties
As we forgive those who cross-check against us.
And lead us not into elimination
But deliver us to victory.
In the name of Jets fans everywhere
And thy holy sport.

Amen!

wire-2577124-1522036837-77_634x596.jpg

Goalie Prayer

The puck stops here.
The goal is my house.
And you are no longer welcome here.
You dream of scoring goals from now on.
I am your dream killer.
The posts are my best friends now.
f*** You Fleury!

ap-image.jpg

The 11 Commandments of Hockey

Thou shalt win thy face-off.
Thou shalt skate hard and keep thy shift short.
Thou shalt stay out of the penalty box.
Thou shalt play the body of the opponent.
Thou shalt forecheck they opponent.
Thou shalt keep clear the font of thy net.
Thou shalt not make a bad cross ice pass in thy zone.
Thou shalt backcheck they opponent.
Thou shalt crash the net on each shot.
Thou shalt finish thy check.
Thou shalt win thy game..

winnipeg-jets-captain-blake-wheeler.png

Go :jets Go

hot-jets-girl-gawk-620x400.jpg

As Fans We All Can Dream

Our Winnipeg Jets Players need to make it a reality today...
Home Ice Advantage Starts Today
:thumbu: :nod:

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm a Leafs fan and I take some solace in that Leipsic hasn't meant squat to Vegas. I can only imagine how those Karlsson and Marchessault teams and fans are kicking themselves now.
Maybe not Vegas.... but me.... I can only dream of the ways he would have found not to score in the playoffs... that was the biggest thing he was missing..... was any kind of finish what so ever. Didn't like the Leipsic trade to Van for biased reasons, don't particularly like it for hockey reasons either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad