WC SF: May 12th GDT - Russia vs. Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
There have been some smaller players in our national team over the years, but I would not say Teppo Numminen (185 cm / 90 kg) is one of them.
Hmm, I think I mixed him up with Timonen. Or who the hell? It's one very skilled, small QB Finnish defenseman I'm thinking about. Nummelin?

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
But seriously, the mental image of the Russian bear comes from several things as well I guess

I know, I know, just pulling you leg

I always had problems with national mascots. "American eagles soars high". I used to recall that a lot whenever I would see a Midwest momy coming out of McD..ds with the rear back that was about to eclipse the Sun. "Canadian beavers" must have felled most maple trees over there which are not as widespread as you would expect.

All these mascot do not really capture the national spirit.

By the way, this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_animals

states that the national animal of Finland is a bear.

Russia sucks in basketball, I don't know anything about who we are in handball, and definitely a slow huge Russian hockey D-men is not exactly the image that pops in your head when you say "Russian hockey player".

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Russia sucks in basketball, I don't know anything about who we are in handball, and definitely a slow huge Russian hockey D-men is not exactly the image that pops in your head when you say "Russian hockey player".
Perhaps not, but "The Russian bear" vs. the "Finnish terrier" sounds epic enough. ;) And that bear in the taxi is awesome.

Anyway, despite all this animal talk, the games tomorrow will be awesome.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
For me it would be a very big surprice if Finland wins, especially because Petteri Nummelin can't play, why the Finns always have bad luck:cry: ? Who else is able to give the magistral passes to his teammate like against the USA for Kallio in PP for example?

I think the final will be Russia against Sweden or Canada.

I'm afraid Russia wins but hopefully I'm again wrong as against the USA when I said that Finland lose the penalty shootout.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Our chances lie in the pressure that team Russia must be feeling. If we can keep them off the scoreboard for a while or -even better- get an early lead, then we have a pretty good chance. Lehtonen must show up as well. Our PP likely won't click as Nummelin can not be replaced, unfortunately.

Brain says: 6-2 Russia
Heart says 3-1 Finland

Anyways, here's hoping for a good game!

Hakkaa Päälle!

Reks

Oct 23, 2006
Is it possible to watch this game (Russia vs. Finland) live in Internet somewhere? Maybe TSN? Thank you!

Reks

Oct 23, 2006
Guys! Please help! I am in the UK now and desperately want to watch this game. Any Internet broadcast? Thank you!

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
guys, what Russian channel is gonna show this game? I think the game is not on RTR Sport anymore! Is it on channel 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad