WC QROUND: May 7 GDT - Canada vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

SChan*

why was the other one locked? uneccisery since we probably breaken the record in posts in a GDT thread :)

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Sweden convinced me thus far. If they manage to control the Nash Thornton line they should win this game, if not, then it gets close.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Wisent said:
Sweden convinced me thus far. If they manage to control the Nash Thornton line they should win this game, if not, then it gets close.

Try to get Norström versus Nash all the time, but that'll be hard. Since Canada is the "home" team, they've the right to change lines last.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
This will be a clear and easy victory for the only super power in the game.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
hopefully the Swedish team can pull off the upset with the Canadian taking them lightly.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Before the tournament started, judging by the rosters, I would've predicted a 5-1 victory for Canada, but considering how both teams have played so far, my updated prediction is a 3-3 tie. Will be a good and interesting game I'm sure.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think it's good. Totto isn't too big and it's better for him to save his strength for a game that really matters. Lindström will get a chance to prove himself, provided that he doesn't go on the attack too much then I think he will do alright. Does anyone know if Kenny Jönsson is playing?

SChan*

Riddarn said:
I think it's good. Totto isn't too big and it's better for him to save his strength for a game that really matters. Lindström will get a chance to prove himself, provided that he doesn't go on the attack too much then I think he will do alright. Does anyone know if Kenny Jönsson is playing?

replace Kenny with sundin.

SChan*

Riddarn said:
What kind of answer is that? Kenny has been ill and stuff, I just wondered if he will be playing..

you know, if he was playing (logic), I would replace Ronny sundin.

ThinMcWhistle

Mar 26, 2005
Northern hemisphere
Re:

From what I have seen so far... Sweden beat Finland 5-1, Canada beat US. 3-1, US tied Finland 4-4.... If that's any kind of measuring stick, Sweden might well win this game. Then again...Sweden only beat Ukraine by a goal..

I don't know if any of that has relevance, but I think that if Lundqwist plays like he usually does, this will be a Sweden victory.

My prediction: Sweden 3 - Canada 2

SChan*

finska said:
From what I have seen so far... Sweden beat Finland 5-1, Canada beat US. 3-1, US tied Finland 4-4.... If that's any kind of measuring stick, Sweden might well win this game. Then again...Sweden only beat Ukraine by a goal..

I don't know if any of that has relevance, but I think that if Lundqwist plays like he usually does, this will be a Sweden victory.

My prediction: Sweden 3 - Canada 2

If Lundqvists yield less than 3 goals against canada it's godly. We'll see.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
I think Sweden will win the game, and that will shake team Canada's players and they'll win the tournament at the end.

The way they play won't be enough against a great goalie like Lunqvist and a good team. They beat USA but they had difficulties, and I don't think team USA is considered a force in this tournament.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
For me this is the most interesting game so far.
I think here are the two teams that can win the WC.

My prediction is Canada 3 - 2 Sweden. And Sweden will win at final with the same score.

Hopefully we'll see hard hits and great plays. I think so.
Let's see how Hedström can control his nerves :)

And this is important game for my fantasy team also.

I have:

Lundqvist, Kronwall, Hedström, Lindström, Påhlsson at my team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad