WC QROUND: May 6 GDT - Russia vs. Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Peter25 said:
I know I have bashed Russia´s defense a lot. But they deserve all the bashing they are getting. It´s too bad this team with so much offensive talent will not win the gold because of this porous defense.

Russian defence porous as Swiss cheese. Another PP for Russia.

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Lol, Russian girl's breast in slow motion. Swiss play pretty dirty, Russia on PP. And now Semin with penalty for clear open ice hit. Weird considering that referee from USA. Swiss fans booing and pushing on ref.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Slay said:
Lol, Russian girl's breast in slow motion. Swiss play pretty dirty, Russia on PP. And now Semin with penalty for clear open ice hit. Weird considering that referee from USA. Swiss fans booing and pushing on ref.

Semin...open ice hit? :eek:

Berkut

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Well, Slay, what can you say after this game? How's it look like? What kind of team we have after all?

Jamina

Dec 17, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
Russia - Switzerland 3-3 (2-2,1-1,0-0)

1.43 0-1 Lemm (Fischer ,Blindenbacher) pp
2.28 1-1 Datsjuk (Kovalev)
5.11 2-1 Kovaltshuk (Zinoviev) pp
8.52 2-2 di Pietro (Plüss)

22.38 2-3 Streit (di Pietro) pp
38.26 3-3 Kovalev (Datsjuk)

Zvjagin RUS 5+ 5+ 2=12
Aebischer SUI 5+12+13=30

Penalties RUS 6x2 min SUI 10x2 min

reaper

May 1, 2005
What has happened to russia? They played great hockey against Sweden pre championships and now they can't seem to get defense working or even offense for that matter.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
I totally forgot Russia was playing today ... and what do I see? 3-3 tie against Switzerland? Jeeeeeeeeeez

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
a simple answer : what defense ?
there is not any...
just good old Djusha Markov all alone against the might canucks, yanks, swedes etc

reaper said:
What has happened to russia? They played great hockey against Sweden pre championships and now they can't seem to get defense working or even offense for that matter.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
TML-SM said:
a simple answer : what defense ?
there is not any...
just good old Djusha Markov all alone against the might canucks, yanks, swedes etc

Do you mean, Andrei Markov? I assume you do, since he's the only Markov on the team, but what does Djusha Markov mean?

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Berkut said:
Well, Slay, what can you say after this game? How's it look like? What kind of team we have after all?

Russia was rolling and dominating overall. In 1st period I though it was the easiest game for Russia because they were showing some good hockey. But then it started to be ugly. Stupid mistake in D and a tieing goal (2-2). Swiss felt confidence and in the end of 1st period Yashin got stupid 4min penalty then at the beginning of 2nd Semin with not obligatory highstiking (he looked rusty) and Russia stayed 3 vs 5 for 2 minutes and let another goal. Then Russia was just pushing and almost all 3rd period played in Swiss zone. Swiss goalie made few good saves. There were everything there, individual plays and ok team play. Russian players can rolling over most opponents and pushing pushing physically or just with speed but scoring instincts is not there, the pucks flying everywhere but not in opposition net (hope it is just yet).

So Russian PK is not good, PP not good, D kind of ok, it can let 3 goals from bad team and 3 goals from good team, depens of mood probably, but anyway it needs someone like Volchenkov and Grebeshkov. Goaltending is shakey.

Nothing is lost for this team yet. At least they didn't lose a game on this Championship.

Strizzi

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
Slay said:
You shouldn't complain about the ref, Russia's third goal was quite questionable for example (the play could easily have been stopped because Kovalev was standing in the crease before scoring the goal).

Strizzi

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
teme said:
Show some respect guys, the Swiss played very well. I like their speed and discipline, they could upset a few other teams.
Thank you. Yesterday everyone said how the German PP sucked, and today the keep telling how bad the Russians were offensively. But when you're shorthanded that much against Russia and come out alive, you've done quite a lot of things right. Especially considering that while Russia dominated the third period, Switzerland had actually the most dangerous chance of that period (the breakaway with Conne), and Russia was lucky not to be scored upon with 4 minutes to go. That save was more luck than anything.

Buya89

Aug 11, 2004
Russia
By the sound of it maybe we should be lucky to even a hockey team?

Maybe next time we play switzerland we'll be lucky enough to play on ICE? :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad