WC QROUND: May 10 GDT - Sweden vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Too bad Lunkan didn't get the shutout :( Well, solid game by Sweden, PP coming up.

reaper

May 1, 2005
They are tired and Sweden wanted revenge from USA-game. Sweden showing good qualities scoring goals, if they can build from this it might be a medal for Sweden.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
reaper said:
They are tired and Sweden wanted revenge from USA-game. Sweden showing good qualities scoring goals, if they can build from this it might be a medal for Sweden.

It's one thing to score PP-goals vs Latvia. It's another thing to do it against Canada and USA, as has been painfully evident.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I could not watch the game, so could you guys help out a bit. Analysis of the outcome, anybody? After all, pretty much nobody expected a blowout like this. What happened?

reaper

May 1, 2005
Freudian said:
It's one thing to score PP-goals vs Latvia. It's another thing to do it against Canada and USA, as has been painfully evident.

Yes, i'm aware of that, our PP is getting better though which is a must. Rhodin is good on the PP and has improved the Swedish PP. Of what I've seen Sweden has the best play in 5 vs 5. Good speed and movement. So I think we have good chance at a medal.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
miss hockey said:
The music, the shops, the city.. that I can get. Especially the shops (Hey, I'm a girl).

But the beer?

Man you have bad taste in beverages! Swedish beer is worse than XXXX, which tasted like Kangaroo urine.

When god created Europe and European nations, he created 1 nation that for the life of it would never be able to brew good beer. Thus Sweden was born.
I agree, especially since they have Lapin Kulta. And I'm from Germany, I know my beer.

reaper

May 1, 2005
At least Switzerland plays hockey not like some other not named countries :) I think Switzerland is better for us than say a nation like Ukraine. Switzerland has a higher tempo and that will be to our advantage.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Boucicaut said:
I could not watch the game, so could you guys help out a bit. Analysis of the outcome, anybody? After all, pretty much nobody expected a blowout like this. What happened?

Latvia was simply so tired. They were standing still and Sweden kept and moved the puck. Latvia's goalies were also very tired so that was the whole game. Latvia had only something like 19shots on goalie.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
wassup77 said:
this "Färjestad-kjedan" sucks when it matters and play like this now... :shakehead

We can kiss Kahnberg goodbye, Höglund will play every game from now on. Damnit. :rant:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Shack said:
Latvia was simply so tired. They were standing still and Sweden kept and moved the puck. Latvia's goalies were also very tired so that was the whole game. Latvia had only something like 19shots on goalie.

Ok, thanks. That's what I feared might happen.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Boucicaut said:
Ok, thanks. That's what I feared might happen.

But still I'm worried. Finland couldn't score even a single goal and Sweden did it nine times :dunno:

Ok, Latvia was tired, but not by that much. Sweden was simply 1000x better and alot more creative than Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad