wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
You are lucky Sweden has something to play for :biglaugh:
otherwise we could've given them a free win :D
Henrik Zetterberg says they will do all they can to win

reaper

May 1, 2005
Latvia will give it their best but they are tired from game night before and Sweden wants revenge for USA-match. Score will be 5-1 to Sweden. Watch for Alfie and Zäta to score a goal.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Too bad there is no way to loose this game and still get a better goal difference than the US. I guess that means I should hope for a victory, but I don't know.. a chance like this doesn't come often :D

Raipe

May 25, 2004
Hope sweden loses.I dont want any gifts ,especially from swedes.1-2

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
I don't want Finland out of the WCH just yet, 3-0 to Sweden. Påhlsson, Bäckman, J. Jönsson. :handclap:

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
This won't be an easy game for either team. Latvia's probably tired from yesterday and Swedes will have to find a right attitude for this kind of game. They have something to play for, but so did Finland and look what happened... Latvia will play tight sacrificing turtle defence and tries to score a lone goal or two from counter-attacks. Again, the longer the game is 0-0, the better are Latvia's chances. Sweden will have to keep skating and force Latvians to take penalties.

I hope Latvia wins and ends our misery though. 1-0 to Latvija! :handclap:

Robertsson 4-ever

Jan 26, 2004
Wexio
This is a perfect game for Kahnberg to shine vs a tight defensive playing team. I predict a 4-0 win where Kahnberg, Weinhandl, Kronwall and Henrik Sedin scores.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
I'm pulling for Latvia, the gutless performance by Team Finland and the arrogant comments after the game really makes me wish that Finland is thrown out of the tourney. I hope that starts a process which leads to the total overhaul of our hockey federation.

And no, I'm not simply cheering against Sweden, IMHO they are the best team of the tournament and deserve to win gold.

Diaboli

Sep 16, 2004
City once voted as F
TML-SM said:
Should be an easy win for solid Swedes.
4-0

Yeah, totally solid :biglaugh

Anyways, I'm hoping for a Latvia win. And no, it's not because they're playing Sweden. Our team did nothing yesterday, and it should be awarded accordingly.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
wassup77 said:
You are lucky Sweden has something to play for :biglaugh:
otherwise we could've given them a free win :D
Henrik Zetterberg says they will do all they can to win

My friend, just remember 1992.
We had game against Italy. Finland had already secured their place at next round, but if Finland lose that game against Italy it would have meant that Sweden would be out. It was Finland 6 - 1 Italy.

But still you should advance to next round with your own performance, not with others....

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Shack said:
My friend, just remember 1992.
We had game against Italy. Finland had already secured their place at next round, but if Finland lose that game against Italy it would have meant that Sweden would be out. It was Finland 6 - 1 Italy.

And in that same year Sweden eventually beat Finland in the final and won gold. :biglaugh: ....or was it...
:cry: ....I just don't know anymore....

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
This is the kind of game where I am tempted to empty my bankaccount and load a ton of money(for me atleast) on sweden and get a 30% payoff. I did it when Timrå played Tälje with 4 games left of the SEL. They had lost the game before 6-3 against Brynäs and I knew they would crush Tälje, and they did 7-0 and I got a 85% interest on saved money on one days work... :)

Latvia have had problem with stamina the entire tournament. They played last night. Sweden rested. Sweden had a bad game and will come on strong. Lundqvist had a bad game, he always comes back strong. What could go wrong? Don't think I have the nerves to do it again though... :)

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Pepper said:
I'm pulling for Latvia, the gutless performance by Team Finland and the arrogant comments after the game really makes me wish that Finland is thrown out of the tourney. I hope that starts a process which leads to the total overhaul of our hockey federation.

And no, I'm not simply cheering against Sweden, IMHO they are the best team of the tournament and deserve to win gold.
What have they been saying? I haven't seen any interviews.

devilman

Feb 27, 2002
Burn Berne
Go Sweden GO! You must win for 2 reasons:
1st: Switzerland will then be ranked ahead of Latvia, then we are #8 in the world hockey ranking. so next year we'll have easy opponents against in Latvia.
2nd: We want Sweden because Gerber will beat this team of his own, Martin Plüss scores a hattrick. Ok, that was a bit too much, but you still can dream, n'est ce pas?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Latvia is a much better team than it would seem. All their games against the good teams were close and I don't expect this to be any different.

I say the score should be 3-2, and I think it will be for Sweden but I think it could go either way.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Ipa said:
And in that same year Sweden eventually beat Finland in the final and won gold. :biglaugh: ....or was it...
:cry: ....I just don't know anymore....

Yes, we are talking about the same year. Time to pay our depths.

But hey seriously.

If Latvia can beat Sweden they've deserved their place at next round. And if Sweden wins the game they've proved that they are the best team at this group.

I think this is going to be same kind of game like it was last night, but Sweden can score and they win this game 3-1.

So let's go swedes :clap:

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
This has been somewhat confusing feeling, but now I´m getting used to idea of cheering for Sweden. I could actually even imagine continuing this afterwards. :eek: But probably next Sweden-Finland match brings me back to my senses :D

Heja Sverige! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad