WC QROUND: May 10 GDT - Sweden vs. Latvia

Status
Not open for further replies.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Shack said:
But still I'm worried. Finland couldn't score even a single goal and Sweden did it nine times :dunno:

Ok, Latvia was tired, but not by that much. Sweden was simply 1000x better and alot more creative than Finland.

I was more wanting to see Latvia play well than really caring too much about what will happen to team Finland. They screwed things up all by themselves. We'll see if they can sort things out.

Latvia-Russia would have been a hell of a matchup. Lots of bitterness right there.

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
The winner of the group can't be underdogs...lets be serious here. Sweden has been the most impressive team so far in the tournament.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Boucicaut said:
Latvia-Russia would have been a hell of a matchup. Lots of bitterness right there.
The Latvian governement would have paid each player a million dollar if they'd beat the Russians, and the Latvians' motivation would have been so strong that they'd beat Russia.

I'm glad we avoided them, even if Finland is an extremely tough opponent!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
wassup77 said:
The winner of the group can't be underdogs...lets be serious here. Sweden has been the most impressive team so far in the tournament.

They got pumped 5-1 by the americans no way have they been the most impressive team.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
When Latvia shut it down against Finland and played for the tie this is what i feared. They were one shot from the quarters but played a very chicken **** game against the Finns, they should have really gone for it. They deserve to be on the sidelines.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Finn said:
wtf are you talking about? Lapin Kulta is finnish
This is what si was talking about. You said the swedish beer was nice, she said that she can't understand that I said I agree with her, especially since you (the finns) have Lapin Kulta

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Great game by Sweden! Let's bring on the cheeseguys from the alps..

BTW, there are some really good Swedish beers, not the big brands though. They suck! You should try Wisby for example, it reminds me of Czech beer. No lager is even close to be as good as the ones produced by the Czechs. Ale and stout is another thing though.

Wisent said:
This is what si was talking about. You said the swedish beer was nice, she said that she can't understand that I said I agree with her, especially since you (the finns) have Lapin Kulta
All Finnish lagers taste the same. Lapin Kulta, Karhu, Karjala, Koff, Urho.

When want to have tasteless lagers I`ll drink Becks, Fosters, Norrlands Guld Export or some Danish no-name brand.

I also get my cheap stuff from Lidl (Schwaben Bräu Pilsner).

The best Finnish beer is Laitilan Kukko. It`s pilsner type of lager with strong taste of hop. It`s made by very small brewery in Laitila.

Off course these are stricly matter of taste

Sven-Börje Håkansson

May 10, 2005
Tre kronor really smoked the happless Latvians.

Maybe it was a too easy victory for the Swedes. Hopefully they do not underestimate the Swiss team.

Btw, Koff tastes a bit different than all the rest. And I would agree with those who are saying that the Swedish beer isn't very good. The Finnish beer is a tad better, but not even close to the Czech and Bavarian beers.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Riddarn said:
Well then, it's about time.. ;)

I very much agree with the above ;) I also think that Russia is a more favourable opponent than the Czech Republic would have been. Time for Team Finland to show up!

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
finska said:
Let's hope they don't show up like Latvia did against Sweden. ;)

I don't think that's going to happen. Latvia was a tired group playing back to back games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad