WC QROUND: May 10 GDT - Canada vs.Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I mean an offensive showcase... Even though Canada scored plenty of goals against the Swedes and the Finns, both teams are known for their defense. The Ukraine matchup was very defensive too.

In the Slovak game, if it happens, it will open up big time.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Jovo seems to be getting his game legs back.

Assisted on the winning goal, and then made a huge defensive play to get the puck of the zone in the last minute.

Captain Leaf

nuckfan in TO said:

Assisted on the winning goal, and then made a huge defensive play to get the puck of the zone in the last minute.

I have to agree ..maybe ..MAYBE they are starting to get their ***** together.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
I mean an offensive showcase... Even though Canada scored plenty of goals against the Swedes and the Finns, both teams are known for their defense. The Ukraine matchup was very defensive too.

In the Slovak game, if it happens, it will open up big time.

I don't think there's much to worry about : in fact, Slovakia doesn't play 5 on 5. They just skate around waiting for a penalty to be called, and only then their team becomes dangerous.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
wilka91 said:
Should be an easy W for Canada

I don't think so. I think the Slovaks will provide a tremendous challenge to the Canadians. Slovakia's team here is better than the one they had at the World Cup. Palffy is playing, and leading that team. He's been tremendous.

Are you basing your opinion on the 3:3 result with Russia? I haven't seen Slovakia play thus far, but based on what I've seen in the past.

That's of course if the two teams play. We might be a little presumptuous in assuming the matchup will happen.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Tricolore#20 said:
Are you basing your opinion on the 3:3 result with Russia? I haven't seen Slovakia play thus far, but based on what I've seen in the past.

That's the only time I've seen Slovakia play.

Mat

Macman said:
The clutching, grabbing and trapping by Ukraine is frustrating. I can see why no one can score against these guys.

their goalies been pretty amazing too

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
nuckfan in TO said:

Special Ed certainly looked good out there for Canada.

What a player Nash is... for the second game in a row he comes out with a goal out of nowhere to save Team Canada.

chicpea*

Captain Leaf said:
I combed my hair like Rocket Richard ..i wore the costume with his number 9 on the back ..i clipped all his stats in my scrapbook.....when we played on the rink it was 5 Rocket Richards against 5 other Rocket Richards....Rocket Richard :)

nice. :)

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
I like the idea of playing Slovakia...they have so much speed/skill It will be a make/break game for Canada's defence and goaltending. If they battle as hard s I think they will...and Brodeur plays mistake free...they can shut Slovakia down..and that would go a long way in restoring their faith in one another.
The Swedes will play Switzerland...and that game has upset potential...Swiss goaltending has been the best kept secret of the tournament and Swiss have plenty of confiedence with how close they've come against a number of top teams.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Everest said:
I like the idea of playing Slovakia...they have so much speed/skill It will be a make/break game for Canada's defence and goaltending. If they battle as hard s I think they will...and Brodeur plays mistake free...they can shut Slovakia down..and that would go a long way in restoring their faith in one another.
The Swedes will play Switzerland...and that game has upset potential...Swiss goaltending has been the best kept secret of the tournament and Swiss have plenty of confiedence with how close they've come against a number of top teams.

No doubt. 24 will strike fear in Canada's 30. 38 and 81 will also provide an attack that 55 and 28 will have a difficult task in trying to defending. I look forward to seeing my favourite player, 20, finally breakout against a North American team (one that suits his style of play better). Unless 3 plays a good game, 61 and 97 will run all over them. For me, the key to this game is 25. He is hot and cold, so hopefully he comes with his A game.

hahaha, sorry I couldn't resist. I love your posts the past week! so wanted to show my appreciation ;) .

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Everest said:

Man if the Swiss win that one, it won't be pretty.

Kenny Jönsson
Mattias Norström
Daniel Alfredsson
PJ Axelsson
Jörgen Jönsson
Henrik Zetterberg

Are players on this swedish team that were part of the '02 Olympics team. That should be motivation enough for this team to come out blazing..

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Leafer4Life said:
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WINNING GOAL BY NASH!!!!!!!!! Thank God, Canada won!!!!!!! :handclap: :clap: :jump:

COULD YOU POSSIBLY ADD A FEW MORE EXCLAMATION MARKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? AND PLEASE DO KEEP SHOUTING (I.E. USING CAPS). IT IS SO COOL :sarcasm:

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Boucicaut said:
COULD YOU POSSIBLY ADD A FEW MORE EXCLAMATION MARKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????? AND PLEASE DO KEEP SHOUTING (I.E. USING CAPS). IT IS SO COOL :sarcasm:

And your problem is?!?!? I get excited when my favorite teams win, which makes me an enthusiastic fan, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, WELL ******* TOUGH!!!!!!! :madfire: :madfire: :madfire: Other posters do it, so why do you have to pick on ME? :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Leafer4Life said:
And your problem is?!?!? I get excited when my favorite teams win, which makes me an enthusiastic fan, GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT, WELL F*CKING TOUGH!!!!!!! :madfire: :madfire: :madfire:

There's this thing called netiquette, but I suppose I'm asking too much...forget it. Sigh.

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
Boucicaut said:
There's this thing called netiquette, but I suppose I'm asking too much...forget it. Sigh.

So I'm supposed to just sit here and go "oh good Canada won, but I won't get too excited", GIMME A BREAK!!!!! I saw other posters in this thread, with bunches of exclamation marks cheering on the team, so why pick on ME?!?!? Got something against me or something? :confused: I'm a very enthusiastic fan, and people for the most part LIKE that!

mackdogs*

Leafer4Life said:
So I'm supposed to just sit here and go "oh good Canada won, but I won't get too excited", GIMME A BREAK!!!!! I saw other posters in this thread, with bunches of exclamation marks cheering on the team, so why pick on ME?!?!? Got something against me or something? :confused: I'm a very enthusiastic fan, and people for the most part LIKE that!
Didn't you read the thread? If Canada doesn't win by 8 goals it means we are doomed! We will never win a tourney again!!

Hehe, or better yet ignore people on these boards hell bent on minimizing Canada's accomplishments/maximizing Canada's mistakes. It's tough being the reigning champ, people will always take stupid pot shots. We'll chalk it up to envy. It's not like we beat the Euro teams each year with their rules on their ice...

Leafer4Life

Go Leafs Go!
Oct 4, 2002
Owen Sound,Ontario
www.facebook.com
mackdogs said:
Didn't you read the thread? If Canada doesn't win by 8 goals it means we are doomed! We will never win a tourney again!!

Hehe, or better yet ignore people on these boards hell bent on minimizing Canada's accomplishments/maximizing Canada's mistakes. It's tough being the reigning champ, people will always take stupid pot shots. We'll chalk it up to envy. It's not like we beat the Euro teams each year with their rules on their ice...

Ha Ha, yeah, it's always tough being the reigning champ, because you have people nit pickin' and everything. Oh well, always get that, just have to ignore it and see what happens with the team the rest of the way! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad