WC QROUND: May 10 GDT - Canada vs.Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oil_slick9416*

Match-up: Canada vs Ukraine
Official Website: http://www.ihwc.net/english/
Online Statistics & Rosters: http://iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments

ok...let' see here, i didn't make a gameday thread the past 2 Canada game and we are 0-1-1... i'm pretty superstitious so i'm making the game thread this time around :D

should be an interesting, by the sounds of it ukraine gave the US all it could handle defensively and a the ukrainian goalie stood on his head, could fatigue be a factor today? i guess we'll see.

Canada needs a strong start and a near perfect game to get something rolling for the next round, here's to hoping they come through or this could be team canada's second last game of this year's world championships.

i'll predict and 4-1 Canadian win.

your thoughts?

Captain Leaf

16-0 Canada gets it all together and starts firing all cylinders , all the ducks come home to roost, everyone is on the same page and all the other cliches.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
A steady parade of Canadians to the penalty box??? The media has already tried to call one penalty...I think all the off day whistle blowing could be a factor...but not on the scoresheet...Canada will be sharp...omigod please say they'll be sharp!! :shakehead

Oil_slick9416*

Captain Leaf said:
16-0 Canada gets it all together and starts firing all cylinders , all the ducks come home to roost, everyone is on the same page and all the other cliches.

it could happen. rick nash is god after all.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Shots on goal : Canada 50, Ukraine 5.

Score : Ukraine 5, Canada 0.

Ahhhhhhh come on, anything can happen!

silver_made*

Oil_slick9416 said:
it could happen. rick nash is god after all.

only 'god' can hook one ref, shove another, and have everyone believe it was an 'accident.' :dunce:

Oil_slick9416*

wilka91 said:
Shots on goal : Canada 50, Ukraine 5.

Score : Ukraine 5, Canada 0.

Ahhhhhhh come on, anything can happen!

hey, anything can happen...thats why they play the game

Vic Rattlehead*

127-126 Canada. Nash will save canada by scoring 126 of the goals in the third period, after Canada will be losing 126-0 after two periods. Thornton will score the other goal.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
127-126 Canada. Nash will save canada by scoring 126 of the goals in the third period, after Canada will be losing 126-0 after two periods. Thornton will score the other goal.
So Thornton gets the "Monster Performer"?

wassup77

Nov 15, 2004
Sweden
19bruins19 said:

That means Nash have to score 0,105 goals / second. That means he has about 10 seconds from the face off to score. Doing that 126 times in a row will be tough.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
wassup77 said:
That means Nash have to score 0,105 goals / second. That means he has about 10 seconds from the face off to score. Doing that 126 times in a row will be tough.

If Nash can get away with hooking a ref, he just has to hurt every Ukraine player and he'll get away with it. With no player on the ice of Ukraine in the third period, he'll do it. After all, Nash is god. :bow: lol

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Wish I could watch... stupid job.

Anyway, I think Canada will send a bit of a message today, much like they did when they spanked Belarus at the 02 Olympics. Everyone thought it might be close because Belarus were giant killers, but Canada really lit them up. This Canada team is nowhere near as good as that one was, but this game gives them the opportunity to step up and send the same kind of message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad