WC QRound 5/9 USA vs. Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I think giving a young talented player the opportunity to take a penalty shot is a good way to show that the coach has confidence in him. Especially since Parise is new to the team. Too bad that he missed though..

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Riddarn said:
I think giving a young talented player the opportunity to take a penalty shot is a good way to show that the coach has confidence in him. Especially since Parise is new to the team. Too bad that he missed though..

Even though he missed on the penalty shot, Parise has really played well. Alot of spunk and has demonstrated some flair. I thought Suter played well today too.

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
wilka91 said:
so the quarters will likely look like this :

Rus - Fin
Swe - Swi
Cze - USA
Can - Svk

I hope the Czechs kill the U.S which they probably will, and I hope Russia can beat Finland, I really am praying, I am not worried about Canada, I know they will pull through.

Mat

nikki9 said:
I hope the Czechs kill the U.S which they probably will, and I hope Russia can beat Finland, I really am praying, I am not worried about Canada, I know they will pull through.

im hoping for

Rus > Fin
Swe > Swi
Cze < USA
Can < Svk

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Even though he missed on the penalty shot, Parise has really played well. Alot of spunk and has demonstrated some flair. I thought Suter played well today too.

How much ice time did each get? Was Suter used in anything more than third pairing duty?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:

Did he miss or was it a save? Can you describe it?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
SmokeyClause said:
How much ice time did each get? Was Suter used in anything more than third pairing duty?

He got some secondary power play duty. He wasn't out there a ton, but his minutes were noticable.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
JimEIV said:
Did he miss or was it a save? Can you describe it?

Parise came down and did and faked to his forehand. When he he went to his backhand to get the shot off he ran out of room and the goalie got in front of it. He was pretty upset he missed it.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
who tied the game for the yanks against the finns ?
park got the 1st goal and arguably the last one, or parrish did. i haven't clarified.
maybe if these two played, the outcome could've been different.

starsgal09 said:
Park and Parrish aren't on the roster for today. Both little kids are though.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
TML-SM said:
who tied the game for the yanks against the finns ?
park got the 1st goal and arguably the last one, or parrish did. i haven't clarified.
maybe if these two played, the outcome could've been different.
Park did the first for Team USA and Parrish did the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad