WC QRound 5/9 USA vs. Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

X0ssbar

US suffers a bit of a let down after their convincing win yesterday but squeaks out a victory.

US 2 - 1

SmokeyClause

Feb 27, 2002
Miami, FL
Visit site
Dan Galvin said:
I was hoping they would get Suter in there for a game.

Yeah, this is the game I had circled as the one to see him in. Team USA needs to ease him in. Let him play some good minutes in a second/third pairing role. If he looks real good, try to ease him into later games. If he struggles, just let him watch. The experience will still be good for him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Yikes! What a boring game. Ukraine is clearly playing not to lose, with five men back the whole time.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Yes. I can understand that. But people are seriously underestimating Ukraine. Sweden could also barely beat them. They play real tight defensive and have some nice moves offensiviely as well. They wouldn't have a chance if refs blew whistle on all penaltysituations though. But with the current refs they are damn difficult to beat.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Dan Galvin said:
Wow. US look sluggish to those who are watching?

I wouldn't say sluggish. Ukraine is playing a sound defensive game, and was able to capitalize on one of it's few chances. Pretty much the same recipe for success the U.S. used against Sweden yesterday.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
I wouldn't say sluggish. Ukraine is playing a sound defensive game, and was able to capitalize on one of it's few chances. Pretty much the same recipe for success the U.S. used against Sweden yesterday.

And just like Sweden was yesterday, USA is playing back-to-back games.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Riddarn said:
And just like Sweden was yesterday, USA is playing back-to-back games.

Yeah, I don't know how significant of a factor that is, but it is a factor. We'll see if the U.S. can get something going in the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad