WC: May 1 GDT - Czech Republic vs. USA

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
This is a disappointing loss. Yes, the Czechs are a more experienced team, but I was really hoping for the W. But USA showed a lot of resiliency by storming back to tie the game in the third. It's a shame they surrendered a goal with just over a minute to go.

I missed the game because I was working. Did Grahame look good in goal? Maybe we should throw Cash in net for the next game. On a more positive note, Chad LaRose has been a pleasant surprise. He's been an excellent forechecker and a pest on the penalty kill. He even scored shorthanded today.

Huis Clos*

I would say that Stempniak has also been a pleasant suprise for USA. I know he was a fairly good contributor for the Blues this past season, but from the score sheets and game recaps it appears he's really stepped up his game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
The U.S. will face the loser of the Canada/Slovakia match from tomorrow. I'm almost hoping for it to be Canada, as the U.S. tends to play them even.

Last edited:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
The U.S. will face the winner of the Canada/Slovakia match from tomorrow. I'm almost hoping for it to be Canada, as the U.S. tends to play them even.

The US (2B) plays the loser of the Canada/Slovaia game (2C) on Wednesday.

And either way, the US will play all 3 qualifying teams from Group C. Whether it be Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday.

On the game, I was surprised to be honest. I thought they had a good chance if they could get up early and hold onto the lead. They did neither of those things. And when they got down by two, I thought for sure the game was over. But they proved me wrong and came back. Three bad bad bad turnovers cost the US the game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Any Czech fans know why Klesla isn't playing? Last I heard he accepted the invite but he did play banged up at the end of the NHL season and maybe he decided not to go?

Bam Beet*

How did Stastny play and who does he play with? I heard he's been playing wing this tourney, is that true and how has that worked out?

CDeeps

Apr 15, 2005
I would say that Stempniak has also been a pleasant suprise for USA. I know he was a fairly good contributor for the Blues this past season, but from the score sheets and game recaps it appears he's really stepped up his game.

I agree, although I think the USA brass was expecting Stempniak to be a key contributer on this team. He had an excellent sophomore season with an improved St. Louis team and was arguably their best forward. If he continues to improve, he should reach 30 goals next season. The US will need Stempniak and Cole to be their clutch goal scorers if they expect to medal in this tournament.

Anyway, I think we'll be seeing an excellent game on Thursday, regardless of who they're playing. Both Canada and Slovakia present excellent challenges for this young team.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
Any Czech fans know why Klesla isn't playing? Last I heard he accepted the invite but he did play banged up at the end of the NHL season and maybe he decided not to go?
Healthy scratch. Hadamczik said he wasn't used to the big ice, but it seems
strange. A mysterious decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad