WC: May 1 GDT - Czech Republic vs. USA

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
Cajanek won't play this match, he has problems with his back. Next match he would be good.

Cechmanek - Zidlicky, Caslava, Hamr, Smid, Michalek, Barinka, Platil - Sykora, Vyborny, Hlinka - Bednar, Marek, Tenkrat - Irgl, Plekanec, Olesz - Balastik, Novotny, Hubacek

I hope we win 4:2 ...

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Cajanek won't play this match, he has problems with his back. Next match he would be good.

Cechmanek - Zidlicky, Caslava, Hamr, Smid, Michalek, Barinka, Platil - Sykora, Vyborny, Hlinka - Bednar, Marek, Tenkrat - Irgl, Plekanec, Olesz - Balastik, Novotny, Hubacek

I hope we win 4:2 ...

Sry, i haven't been following the czech roster development, but where is Hrdina?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'll give the U.S. a chance in this one. The team is young, but that could work to it's advantage. THe key will be Grahame holding down the fort during the inevitable Czech dominance in the offensive zone.

Faktisti*

usa will come play hard and they tackles alot but if czechs will tackle also alot they will be very good. i think this is gona be a tie game. on a paper czech is tough, but i have a feeling that usa will win this game 4-3

bling

Jun 23, 2004
2 to 1 Czech in the second period.

Suter with the US goal. Irgle and Caslava for Czech.

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Geez, it is nice to see Cechmaniac has not changed..kicking and punching like a two year old...

Dunatis99

Oct 20, 2006
Camarillo, CA
Question about International Rules

I dont know the International rules but I thought fighting was really frowned upon, so if Roman came out throwing isnt that grounds for getting kicked out of the game?

bling

Jun 23, 2004
I dont know the International rules but I thought fighting was really frowned upon, so if Roman came out throwing isnt that grounds for getting kicked out of the game?
Yep. that is what I thought but evidently it is okay if you are Czech to punch and kick. :sarcasm:

Kaktus*

I'm leaning towards chechs, they should be more used to the big surface, but US has a good team too...I say 4:3 Chechs!
Good call!!
usa will come play hard and they tackles alot but if czechs will tackle also alot they will be very good. i think this is gona be a tie game. on a paper czech is tough, but i have a feeling that usa will win this game 4-3
Bad call.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki

Still, that little fight got more penalties than a similar one in the Russia - Finland game where only one player got 2 minutes and two players got 10 minute misconducts. In comparison the "fights" weren't that much different except this one had sort of a goalie participant.

Did Smid and Stempniak drop their gloves? Didn't catch it completely...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad