U18: WC D2A/D2B 2022.

tornaado66

Dec 12, 2019
Tallinn, Estonia
I challenge everyone to find something warranting major penalty here:

For me it looks like Steele made a "butt-ending" motion (visible from video too) and referee saw that. Referee seems to have had a really good position to see the jab connect with the Korean player.

IIHF rule book screenshot:
Screenshot 2022-04-07 at 15.41.51.png

So if the jab connects it is ALWAYS at least a 5+20.

It is however kinda stupid to see a player get a major penalty, when nothing really seemed to have happened. Although it is the players responsibility to know the rules and play accordingly. Obviously the "butt-ending" was not dangerous, but this rule needs to be applied so the player learns from this and will not attempt to "butt-end" again. Because the second time just may cause something more serious.

Butt-ending, spearing, head-butting etc could be very dangerous so there is no tolerance in IIHF for these actions and the referee did not do anything wrong.

edit: after watching the video closely again, form behind the net cam (0:22) I can see from the way Korean players shirt moves/behaves it was quite clearly a "butt-ending" by Steele.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Romanians get 2 majors against us as well which I will take. Don't know if that's a questionable discipline or questionable calls again.

We couldn't score on either though which is a bummer and just a final proof this team was not very good. Romania's goalie has some eye-popping numbers though. At 94%+ at the moment.

Important win at the end of the day which enables the last game against GB to be somewhat meaningful.

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The summary of the "final" game is much like predicted: Koreans have better puck skills and possession but it doesn't matter as long as superior Estonian goaltending holds up against it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad