U18: WC D2A/D2B 2022.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
D2A - Tallin, Estonia (3rd-9th April 2022.)

1. Great Britain
2. Lithuania
3. Estonia
4. Romania
5. South Korea
6. Serbia

D2B - Sofia, Bulgaria (21-24th March 2022.)

1. Netherlands
2. Spain
3. Croatia
4. Bulgaria

Croatian preliminary roster

GK :
Čavić Petar - (EHC Munchen)
Janjatović Lončar Teo - (KHL Mladost)
Kurtagić Roko - (KHL Zagreb)
Andrić Mika - (HK Maribor)
Ždralović Omar - (HK Maribor)

D:
Vukadin Marko - (HK Maribor)
Slovinac Lovro - (Augsburg)
Polović Janko - (KHL Mladost)
Jandrić Lovro - (Medveščak Mladi)
Goršić Roko - (HV 71)
Gmaz Gabriel - (AIK Harnosand)
Filipović Borna - (Medveščak Mladi)
Čeak Bruno - (KHL Mladost)
Bezuk Lorian - (KHL Sisak)
Alić Tin - (KHL Zagreb)

F:
Banek Luka - (HK Olimpija)
Bodiroga Luka - (HK Maribor)
Idžan Bruno - (Viggbyholms IK)
Jurić Nikša - (Red Bull Salzburg)
Kašparek Filip - (Medveščak Mladi)
Kurjaković Lovro - (Medveščak Mladi)
Ljubičić Niko - (KHL Zagreb)
Mandušić Matej - (KHL Mladost)
Marinković Karlo - (Stromsbro IF)
Polonijo Filip - (EA Steiermark)
Šimunković Martin - (KHL Mladost)
Svjetličić Filip - (KHL Zagreb)
Završki Fran - (Medveščak Mladi)
Zovko Bruno - (KHL Zagreb)
Zovko Hrvoje - (KHL Zagreb)

Croatia will play friendly game against U20 Okanagan Hockey Europe on 16th of March.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Kumanović Lovro refused Croatia and he opted for Slovenian citizenship in order to play for Slovenia. Nice move, I mean...Rendulić is a prime example that playing for another country is detrimental factor for a successful career. We could say same for Nino Tomov, Robert Rooba, Dainius Zubrus, etc.

:clap:

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Kumanović Lovro refused Croatia and he opted for Slovenian citizenship in order to play for Slovenia. Nice move, I mean...Rendulić is a prime example that playing for another country is detrimental factor for a successful career. We could say same for Nino Tomov, Robert Rooba, Dainius Zubrus, etc.

did not slovakia steal rosandic from croatia?

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
did not slovakia steal rosandic from croatia?
Yes, but that's already an ancient thing, since it's dating all the way back in 2009.

Kumanović, from what I have heard, found a girlfriend in Jesenice who promised him "hills and vallyes" if he stays there.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015

it is so common you have 4 examples in a period of 30 years for countries with overall population of let's say 50 million people.
If a federation isn't capable of building a basic ice hall in 40 years in a city with million people and respectable number of hockey players, it really shows the sport in that country isn't taken seriously.
Why would anyone owe an explanation to anybody then?
800k or how many Croats left the country in 10 years, doing basically the same thing. Engineers, doctors and so on... but now, how does a hockey player dare to play for a foreign country where he is actually playing. :laugh:
He should play until he's 24 like the boys he grew up with, that would solve the problem. Or have an illustrious career in UAE maybe?? :naughty:

but I guess going after kids (back then it was Rosandic, now Kumanovic) is easier than going after people that are actually responsible.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
it is so common you have 4 examples in a period of 30 years for countries with overall population of let's say 50 million people.
If a federation isn't capable of building a basic ice hall in 40 years in a city with million people and respectable number of hockey players, it really shows the sport in that country isn't taken seriously.
Why would anyone owe an explanation to anybody then?
800k or how many Croats left the country in 10 years, doing basically the same thing. Engineers, doctors and so on... but now, how does a hockey player dare to play for a foreign country where he is actually playing. :laugh:
He should play until he's 24 like the boys he grew up with, that would solve the problem. Or have an illustrious career in UAE maybe?? :naughty:

but I guess going after kids (back then it was Rosandic, now Kumanovic) is easier than going after people that are actually responsible.

I will screenshot bolded part in a case that one day some future Kopitar chooses Germany or even Canada instead of Slovenia. :)

Everything you wrote also applies for Rendulić, yet he never refused to play for Croatia, not even on meaningless (from Croatian POW) Olympic qualifications where only thing he could have "gained" is injury.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Since this is getting more and more common thing (2009- Poosandic, now in 2022 - Poomanovic) I will start to cheer against my country for good. It's better that hockey here completely cease to exist than having cases like this.
Only one player on this roster is the one that would never ever even think about playing for another country. His surname is actually pretty well known sport surname in general (I am sure SoundAndFury will know this trivia ;) ).

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I wouldn't mind if all Slovenian players would play for who they want. The federation didn't deserve the results they are getting. A little bit of sucking might remove rats from the ship.

Equating a national federation's men team selection to the country itself is just a marketing trick to get people fired up. Especially on that level. Hockey in a country is way more than small 5 game tournaments.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Pretty good game by Croatia, not just result wise, considering five standard players are not there (Goršić and Matijević are not vaccinated, Bezuk declined, Banek and Jurić are with their clubs in the playoffs).

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
the way Team Croatia is dominant here makes you wonder, wouldn't it be interesting to see the boys play against teams in higher division?
What if they, as a top team, could participate in D2A too... I'm not saying it is a realistic/good solution, just a mind experiment

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
the way Team Croatia is dominant here makes you wonder, wouldn't it be interesting to see the boys play against teams in higher division?
What if they, as a top team, could participate in D2A too... I'm not saying it is a realistic/good solution, just a mind experiment
I didnt quite understand your post, but they will play in D2A next year since they are promoted now.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
I didnt quite understand your post, but they will play in D2A next year since they are promoted now.
I'm talking about these exact generations (same people) playing right now playing in D2A this year, because now 04' born players won't get the chance to play on that level.

Reactions: filip85

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I'm talking about these exact generations (same people) playing right now playing in D2A this year, because now 04' born players won't get the chance to play on that level.
The core 2004. players will get adequate replacements I already mentioned in the form of players who are not here for various reasons. D2A has later date so probably no overlap with playoffs in Slovenian and Austrian league. We will be prime candidate for relegation next year, but with a little bit of luck I think we can stay. After '05 and '06 gets too old we are back in D2B again for foreseeable future.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Only one player on this roster is the one that would never ever even think about playing for another country. His surname is actually pretty well known sport surname in general (I am sure SoundAndFury will know this trivia ;) ).
I did not know it beforehand but reading the names on the roster one stands out much more than any other. Is it Dejan's kid?
thats suprising. thesoundandfury hyped spain youngsters as super good in another thread.
Well, it was the U20 team and the reason why it was super good (by Spanish standards) is exactly because it's not uncommon for Spain to get whooped even at 2B level, never mind medal contention at 2A. They tied GB, who are Elite Div. nation and have one of their best generations ever, in points you know. Do you not see that as super good or are you just looking for dumb ways to discredit me?

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I did not know it beforehand but reading the names on the roster one stands out much more than any other. Is it Dejan's kid?

Well, it was the U20 team and the reason why it was super good (by Spanish standards) is exactly because it's not uncommon for Spain to get whooped even at 2B level, never mind medal contention at 2A.
No, no relations except the surname, which of course can't go unnoticed given the popularity of basketball. :)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Romania just beat Serbia in the opening game 3:2. By the looks of it, Serbia goalie stood on his head to keep it so close. Estonia roster looks somewhat interesting, I just might actually pay for the stream and watch their game with GB. GB will be missing their star player Steele who probably will get drafted in the summer.

Also Lithuania is classically crazy young, but stats wise some of those Switzerland based kids look suspiciously good.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well if the first 5 minutes are any indication, Estonia seems like the team to beat.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
3 minutes into the game I already called it to my GB hockey buddy, that no way Estonia is not winning this.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I must say Potsinok line hasn't been particularly impressive, I somewhat expected more.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah but they saw A LOT of ice time so you can kinda ballpark it where they are in terms of skill. They are obviously very good for this level but not really stand-out prospects even by Estonian standards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad