WC Bronze Medal Game: May 13th GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
You mean just like Finland with guys like Saravo against Russia with superstars like Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk and Frolov? Seize the moment - who dares wins.

With opponent i meant the team, not individual players. When the team your playing against is better, you wont' get any luck.

Talentless Practise*

Just to make something clear here the team at the Olympics was Gretzky's country club and not Team Canada's A team.

Yeah, last few Canadian teams have been all-star teams with Kris Draper added for an illusion of balancedness.

(i'm pretty sure balancedness isn't a real world but whatyagonnado?;) )

Jude

Apr 18, 2006
Helsinki
Its nice to see that the russian team still having a motivation, even though they didnt get to the final. Credits for Russia :)

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Sweden seems to have a really questionable additude for the game. Smiling and laughing in the penalty box etc. Come on - maybe a little respect for the fans in Sweden?

You can lose the game without beeing a loser OR you can just be a total loser. Swedish players have 15 minutes to choose into which group they want to belong.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Doesn't it strike you yet that the Swedish team this year simply isn't better than this?

The Swedish players look uninterested though. I'm off to do more important things than watch this. Russia will win this and they deserve the bronze.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Doesn't it strike you yet that the Swedish team this year simply isn't better than this?

They are better than this - maybe not in the skill level, but at least on the mental level. They showed great fighting spirit in the game against Finland, so is it too much to expect the same attitude in the bronze medal game?

Team Finland would be crusified in Finland, if they sold their skin this cheap.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
Though it is a compliment that most of the NHL players we would want to the Worlds are still in the NHL playoffs..

And I dont think any other countries could have had more No sayers than Sweden had? We won the Olympics and the WC last year, so alot of players didn't want to play this year. Alot of them. Timander, Svartvader & Sundström from Modo, I would have loved to have them here.

Jude

Apr 18, 2006
Helsinki
Nice, Malkin is playing with a great heart! That have been really rare thing in russian national team lately.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Nice, Malkin is playing with a great heart! That have been really rare thing in russian national team lately.

Kovalchuk's body language is also showing that they don't want lose this game and are trying their best.

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
Though it is a compliment that most of the NHL players we would want to the Worlds are still in the NHL playoffs..

And I dont think any other countries could have had more No sayers than Sweden had? We won the Olympics and the WC last year, so alot of players didn't want to play this year. Alot of them. Timander, Svartvader & Sundström from Modo, I would have loved to have them here.

That's pretty much an unpatriotic behaviour :teach:

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
It feels like Sweden wants to give the Bronze away to Russia. There not trying anything. A couple of players might take a show once in a while, that's about it. The defense have checked out, and are mentally already eating peanuts on a plane back to Sweden.

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Backlund - no dice
Bremberg - vanishing act
Akerman - never been. Should never play international again.
Johansson - apparently done as performer. Retire, please.
J Jonsson - see above. no gas or edge left. Gone from a Brindy style player to a mere Draper on valium. Sad.
K Jonsson - habile, but not good. Still useful when healthy.
Enstrom - aka Brainfart, should never play international again.
Warg - Honorable
Wallin - Honorable
Emwall - Honorable
Hedstrom - Honorable. Only player who didn't leave his scrotum in the hotel.
Steen - somewhat honorable in the end
Backstrom - needs seasoning and stamina
Sandstrom - never been
Stralman - not even _close_ to Kronwall yet, unless he grows a sack and gets a winning instinct in his body
Kahnberg - Get the F out of the rink and down from your ego pedestal, hoser.
Henriksson - Honorable effort, never better nor worse
Ersberg - honorable, but not really any talent to speak of
Davidsson - Honorable until the last two games, then his usual Casper self again. Massive Choke Factor.
Tarnstrom - decent all in all, at least tries a move once in a while.
Martensson - would say honorable, all in all.
Hornquist - not of calibre yet. Would like to see what he can do without Bremberg on his line, cuz Bremberg is a center in a casket, in a cemetary, in a for away land.
Hallberg - Brainfart 2.

Players not on the list - you're all in a whirl of feces.

Last edited:

Like Wall

I am Registered User
May 2, 2006
Letu zeme
It feels like Sweden wants to give the Bronze away to Russia. There not trying anything. A couple of players might take a show once in a while, that's about it. The defense have checked out, and are mentally already eating peanuts on a plane back to Sweden.

After this performance, I would have ordered them to walk back home to Sweden.:biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad