WC Bronze Medal Game: May 13th GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

GuloGulo

Nov 16, 2005
trunkofacamaro
Russia didn't bring their A game but were still on a level above. Well deserved win and with it the good feeling about ending the this hockey season with a win.

Jose90

Mar 10, 2007
Jose made it
Like Trotsky once said "I'm just your Jack-in-the-Box / You know whenever love knocks / I'm gonna bounce up and down on my spring" :handclap:

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
What a dissapointing finish for team Sweden.

The last two games, they showed no heart, no passion, no nothing. I've never seen Sweden like this, giving up after about 10 minutes in both games.

Sure, they weren't the best team individually, but still a team capable of so much more. Like the team they had back in 91 I think, with just as weak a team on paper but still winnig gold.

Today I witnessed the worst Swedish "powerplay" I have ever seen :shakehead

It's almost a disgrace that they finished 4th.

A team like USA would have deserved the 4th spot instead.

As fo Russia, nice to see them medal, but sad to see them continue with their diving antics from the Finland game were they were dropping down left and right as if it was the winter war all over again (j/k).

Today was not as bad, but whereas the Prorok dive a few years back was comically hysterical, the dive by number #42 today after being hit from behind by his own guy and lying on the ice playing dead looking at the referee with sad dog eyes in hope of a call (eventually realizing he was hit by his own teammate) was just sad. :shakehead

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Payback for what?

Anyway, gratz to Russia, they deserved to win.

forsberg_peter060226get.jpg

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Yeah.

The lack of coaching when we really needed it surprised me big time. :shakehead
Same here. Big time. He looked like Hardy, doing nothing, for two games in a row. One thing is sure. Sweden builds its game on puck possession and when the passing game doesn't work, Sweden sucks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->