WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Hedman - Karlsson
Our two Norris winners together. Not much too say. Elite players, played together at the WJC and good friends. Karlsson will QB the PP1 and Hedman handle PK1

Dahlin - Brodin
Played together vs Finland to good result. Dahlin QB PP2, Brodin in PK

Pettersson - Heed/Bengtsson
Pettersson will play PK. The 6th will see limited ice time, probably alternating depending on opposition.

Marcus Johansson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Adrian Kempe
MoJo and Eriksson Ek played together in Minnesota, so feels natural to start with them together. Kempe rounding out the top trio.

André Burakovsky - Pontus Holmberg - Lucas Raymond
Burakovsky and Raymond seemed to have some chemistry in the game vs Finland. So start with them together.

Victor Olofsson - Isac Lundeström - Fabian Zetterlund
Don't really like Olofsson here, but there is really no other spot for him (except on the bench, where he belongs).

Carl Grundström - Linus Johansson - Max Friberg
Grundström slides into Nygråd slot from the Czech Hockey Games. Shut down line.

Sörensen, FUS, Jesper Frödén
Hopefully FUS can get some game on the 4th line, but feels like he is more here to 'watch and learn'. Frödén can slide into Olofssons place once Hallam tires of him. Hoping not to see Sörensen.

I agree. Before the tournaments, I feel like add as many NHLers as possible, they are better than the Euro vets. But once the tournament has started, it should be real needle movers for it to be worth the risk of messing with team chemistry
I want Raymond with JEE. I think they'd go together like Max Friberg with Malte Strömvall.

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
He's a depth player. Rather have him than not.
Okay, put it like this:
Would you rather have him after game one in the group stage than wait three games and possibly get someone like Pettersson? I’d rather gamble because he’s definetely not worlds better than either Frödén or Friberg. It might’ve been different had he been a center like Krüger in his prime.(who he’s not necessarily worlds better than either but positional needs)

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Okay, put it like this:
Would you rather have him after game one in the group stage than wait three games and possibly get someone like Pettersson? I’d rather gamble because he’s definetely not worlds better than either Frödén or Friberg. It might’ve been different had he been a center like Krüger in his prime.(who he’s not necessarily worlds better than either but positional needs)
At this point, these are the players I'd consider adding if they become available:
Hampus Lindholm
Gustav Forsling
Mika Zibanejad
Elias Pettersson
Elias Lindholm

Reactions: Yozhik v tumane

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Hallam said Ersson is nr1.

That's encouraging he sees qualities in Ersson exceeding those of Gustavsson. But there are many tricks going on inside the head of a NT leader. Erasing Erssons soft goal the other day for example.

At this point, these are the players I'd consider adding if they become available:
Hampus Lindholm
Gustav Forsling
Mika Zibanejad
Elias Pettersson
Elias Lindholm

I'm thinking David Gustafsson as well or Jonatan Berggren if he's out of Calder Cup. Anyone know if Oscar Lindberg is out of the race?

I hope Nylander at least has promised that if no other center can arrive he'll go. Or that Hedman work him.

Last edited:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I'm thinking David Gustafsson as well or Jonatan Berggren if he's out of Calder Cup. Anyone know if Oscar Lindberg is out of the race?
If Lindberg would join, he would've been on the preliminary roster. I'd take him over Linus Johansson in a heartbeat though. I don't know if he declined or if Hallam just didn't invite him.

David Gustafsson? He is not a full time NHLer, don't think he was or should've been invited. Berggren is a winger and we're already stacked on offensive wingers, don't see a role for him

Reactions: Summer Rose

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Add in Ekholm, but E.Lindholm is a UFA who I can't see joining.
Yes, forgot Ekholm he should be on the list. We have room for one more D. Whichever of H. Lindholm, Ekholm or Forsling that becomes available and accept.

Yeah E. Lindholm will probably not accept, but he would be welcome with open arms if he wanted to come.

I'd like one more top C and one more top D and the roster would feel complete

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yes, forgot Ekholm he should be on the list. We have room for one more D. Whichever of H. Lindholm, Ekholm or Forsling that becomes available and accept.

Yeah E. Lindholm will probably not accept, but he would be welcome with open arms if he wanted to come.

I'd like one more top C and one more top D and the roster would feel complete
I’d settle for a decent second pairing D, I might even prefer it because that someone would probably be more open to accepting a smaller role.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
OEL is still a serviceable defenceman. Always goes to WC if he can.
With the amounts of invitations he’s accepted to the worlds in his prime I would certainly not be mad if they chose him for the four nations. He’s kinda earned it.

So are Erik Gustafsson and Nils Lundkvist.
I would trust OEL in a wheelchair in the d zone before I’d trust either of them fully healthy in the d zone.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lets hope Viaplay keeps their word that all games is available with the medium package. Poor students as myself cant pay 800 kr for that total package.

With the amounts of invitations he’s accepted to the worlds in his prime I would certainly not be mad if they chose him for the four nations. He’s kinda earned it.

I would trust OEL in a wheelchair in the d zone before I’d trust either of them fully healthy in the d zone.
Was not OEL injured in WC 2022 and went minus -3 vs Canada in the qf?

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Lets hope Viaplay keeps their word that all games is available with the medium package. Poor students as myself cant pay 800 kr for that total package.

Was not OEL injured in WC 2022 and went minus -3 vs Canada in the qf?
Yep that’s correct. He shouldn’t have played that game. He was great in the games before that one though. The injury obviously affected him in the following season aswell. Too bad he would’ve gotten a much needed confidence boost after a horrible season otherwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad