WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Probably going in with 23 players on Friday, the goalies, 7D and 13 F. Most of the team is set but no reason to register the bench warmers.
Yeah, absolutely no need to register a player before they play. I guess the only question if they go for a full 7D+13F or just 6D+12F to keep some spots open.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Some interesting quites from this article:
* Jesper Wallstedt is 3rd stringer initially
* "The roster is not closed" - meaning that they'll probably leave some spots open for reinforcements

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Yeah, absolutely no need to register a player before they play. I guess the only question if they go for a full 7D+13F or just 6D+12F to keep some spots open.

Although not very likely Hallam COULD settle with registering only six defensemen long into the tournament. 6 + 13 is my bet for starters. Maybe one more NHL player not playing right now.

And leave two spots open. Either a defender (Lindholm or Forsling etc.) or a forward (Elias Pettersson). Järnkrok or William Karlsson, if they heal quickly. Marcus P -son played RD a few years ago.

André Burakovsky - Joel Eriksson Ek - Lucas Raymond
Fabian Zetterlund/Victor Olofsson - Pontus Holmberg - Adrian Kempe
Marcus Johansson - Isac Lundeström - Carl Grundström
Marcus Sörensen - Linus Johansson - Max Friberg

Victor Hedman - Erik Karlsson
Jonas Brodin - Rasmus Dahlin
Marcus Pettersson - Tim Heed

Filip Gustavsson
Jesper Wallstedt / Samuel Ersson

Jesper Frödén, Felix Unger Sörum and Lukas Bengtsson probably won't be registered until late if no one else arrives from NHL.

PS. Unger Sörums fysiska spel funkar inte på denna nivå. Happy camper.

Funderar på om Olofsson är nertränad...

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Although not very likely Hallam COULD settle with registering only six defensemen long into the tournament. 6 + 13 is my bet. Maybe another NHL not playing right now.

And leave two spots open. Either a defender (Lindholm or Forsling etc.) or a forward (Elias Pettersson). Järnkrok or William Karlsson, if they heal quickly. Marcus P -son played RD a few years ago.

André Burakovsky - Joel Eriksson Ek - Lucas Raymond
Fabian Zetterlund/Victor Olofsson - Pontus Holmberg - Adrian Kempe
Marcus Johansson - Isac Lundeström - Carl Grundström
Marcus Sörensen - Linus Johansson - Max Friberg

Victor Hedman - Erik Karlsson
Jonas Brodin - Rasmus Dahlin
Marcus Pettersson - Tim Heed

Filip Gustavsson
Jesper Wallstedt / Samuel Ersson

Jesper Frödén, Felix Unger Sörum and Lukas Bengtsson probably won't be registered until late if no one else arrives from NHL.
Get Limpan and Sörensen out of there ugh.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Hedman - Karlsson
Our two Norris winners together. Not much too say. Elite players, played together at the WJC and good friends. Karlsson will QB the PP1 and Hedman handle PK1

Dahlin - Brodin
Played together vs Finland to good result. Dahlin QB PP2, Brodin in PK

Pettersson - Heed/Bengtsson
Pettersson will play PK. The 6th will see limited ice time, probably alternating depending on opposition.

Marcus Johansson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Adrian Kempe
MoJo and Eriksson Ek played together in Minnesota, so feels natural to start with them together. Kempe rounding out the top trio.

André Burakovsky - Pontus Holmberg - Lucas Raymond
Burakovsky and Raymond seemed to have some chemistry in the game vs Finland. So start with them together.

Victor Olofsson - Isac Lundeström - Fabian Zetterlund
Don't really like Olofsson here, but there is really no other spot for him (except on the bench, where he belongs).

Carl Grundström - Linus Johansson - Max Friberg
Grundström slides into Nygråd slot from the Czech Hockey Games. Shut down line.

Sörensen, FUS, Jesper Frödén
Hopefully FUS can get some game on the 4th line, but feels like he is more here to 'watch and learn'. Frödén can slide into Olofssons place once Hallam tires of him. Hoping not to see Sörensen.

No, Jesper Fast is OK but he isn’t the kind of player you slot in mid tournament.
I agree. Before the tournaments, I feel like add as many NHLers as possible, they are better than the Euro vets. But once the tournament has started, it should be real needle movers for it to be worth the risk of messing with team chemistry

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Hedman - Karlsson
Our two Norris winners together. Not much too say. Elite players, played together at the WJC and good friends. Karlsson will QB the PP1 and Hedman handle PK1

Dahlin - Brodin
Played together vs Finland to good result. Dahlin QB PP2, Brodin in PK

Pettersson - Heed/Bengtsson
Pettersson will play PK. The 6th will see limited ice time, probably alternating depending on opposition.

Marcus Johansson - Joel Eriksson Ek - Adrian Kempe
MoJo and Eriksson Ek played together in Minnesota, so feels natural to start with them together. Kempe rounding out the top trio.

André Burakovsky - Pontus Holmberg - Lucas Raymond
Burakovsky and Raymond seemed to have some chemistry in the game vs Finland. So start with them together.

Victor Olofsson - Isac Lundeström - Fabian Zetterlund
Don't really like Olofsson here, but there is really no other spot for him (except on the bench, where he belongs).

Carl Grundström - Linus Johansson - Max Friberg
Grundström slides into Nygråd slot from the Czech Hockey Games. Shut down line.

Sörensen, FUS, Jesper Frödén
Hopefully FUS can get some game on the 4th line, but feels like he is more here to 'watch and learn'. Frödén can slide into Olofssons place once Hallam tires of him. Hoping not to see Sörensen.

I agree. Before the tournaments, I feel like add as many NHLers as possible, they are better than the Euro vets. But once the tournament has started, it should be real needle movers for it to be worth the risk of messing with team chemistry
I don’t really care who you slot in as the fourth line center as long as it’s not Limpan. He’s terrible with the puck and just as bad defensively on the international stage. He’s barely a top 6 player in the SHL, he’s not even remotely close to being good enough.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don’t really care who you slot in as the fourth line center as long as it’s not Limpan. He’s terrible with the puck and just as bad defensively on the international stage. He’s barely a top 6 player in the SHL, he’s not even remotely close to being good enough.
Fus as 4C. He showed against the finns he can play C. He will bring some finesse to that line. Grundström and Friberg takes care of the physical play.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Fus as 4C. He showed against the finns he can play C. He will bring some finesse to that line. Grundström and Friberg takes care of the physical play.
He can’t win a draw to save his life though, but neither could limpan against Finland so..

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Players who dont have contract for upcoming season;

Olofsson
Raymond
Grundström

Its often said that players with no contract wont play in WC. But its not always the case.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Players who dont have contract for upcoming season;

Olofsson
Raymond
Grundström

Its often said that players with no contract wont play in WC. But its not always the case.
Raymond is the odd man out here, he would’ve gotten good money either way. While Grundström wants to raise his value and Olofsson wants to prove that he’s not useless at everything outside of the offensive zone I guess.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Prepare to be disappointed. He is a favorite of Hallam. He was captain at the Czech Hockey Games, he might get a letter. We are really lacking in centers. I guess we could move MoJo to center, otherwise I don't know who replaces him

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Prepare to be disappointed. He is a favorite of Hallam. He was captain at the Czech Hockey Games, he might get a letter. We are really lacking in centers. I guess we could move MoJo to center, otherwise I don't know who replaces him
Eriksson Ek
Holmberg
Mojo/Fus
Lundeström

as centers

He’s barely a top 6 player in the SHL, he’s not even remotely close to being good enough.
He knows. The suprised look on his face says it all.

Screenshot_16.png

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
18yo Felix Unger Sorum outplayed all of those guys? Wtf?
They must be worried he would play for Team Norway and wanted to lock him down early lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
What i wanna see;

Hedman - Karlsson
Dahlin - Brodin
Pettersson - Heed

M Johansson - JEE - Kempe
Burakovsky - Holmberg - Raymond
Zetterlund - FUS - Frödén
Grundström - Lundeström - Friberg

13th; Olofsson (just PP for him)

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
18yo Felix Unger Sorum outplayed all of those guys? Wtf?
They must be worried he would play for Team Norway and wanted to lock him down early lmao
His mom is swedish. I dont think he is eligible to play for Norway. He played hockey his whole life in Sweden.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Do we really need to replace him? Not having him on the ice at all seems like an upgrade.

Joke aside I don’t think we’ll be seeing that much more of him after the USA game as i suspect he will get exposed badly enough to get him put on the injury list with PTSD.

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Yes, he outplayed them like Carlsson outplayed his competition last year.
I'd wager that there is a body of work comparison you can make between Felix Unger Sorum & many of the other players which goes beyond a single tryout, and that carries far more weight in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad