WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Last time they all played Karlsson got the A over Landeskog, OEL, Hedman, etc.

Karlsson with the C, Dahlin and Eriksson Ek with A's sounds correct.
Will be interesting who gets the C in the four nations cup. I'd say our three best players right now is Pettersson, Nylander and Dahlin. But Pettersson and Nylander don't feel like the leader types, Dahlin might be to young to shoulder the C, but I think will get a letter.

GarlicbreadTB

Apr 16, 2015
Will be interesting who gets the C in the four nations cup. I'd say our three best players right now is Pettersson, Nylander and Dahlin. But Pettersson and Nylander don't feel like the leader types, Dahlin might be to young to shoulder the C, but I think will get a letter.

I think they usually give the C to someone who's there from the start. Backlund is also someone who tends to be captain if he comes home.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Karlsson still.

I think they usually give the C to someone who's there from the start. Backlund is also someone who tends to be captain if he comes home.
OEL too, but a captain should be regulars on the roster and I don't think either should be.

Foppa to be on Viaplay for Worlds

Reactions: Eye of Ra

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
What if hallam asked olofsson but not carlsson?
That would be utterly crazy, but I wouldn't put anything past Team Sweden coaches 😅

But the lack of new regarding Leo makes me pessimitic. He has had some injury issues this season, so very possible the Anaheim medical staff stops hill from going

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
That would be utterly crazy, but I wouldn't put anything past Team Sweden coaches 😅

But the lack of new regarding Leo makes me pessimitic. He has had some injury issues this season, so very possible the Anaheim medical staff stops hill from going
Quite possible Anaheim stops him without the medical team involved in the decision.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lines right now

Olofsson - Eriksson Ek - Burakovsky
Strömvall - Ejdsell - Friberg
Sörensen - Bristedt - Lekkerimäki
Nygård - Johansson - Lang

Dahlin - Fantenberg
Pettersson - Karlsson
Sellgren - Heed

Gustavsson
Ersson
Lindbom

Last edited:
Reactions: Lindgren

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Gustavsson and Ersson will be one of the strongest tandems in the tournament.

How much av Pettersson and Karlsson played together this season? They feel like a natural pairing

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Gustavsson and Ersson will be one of the strongest tandems in the tournament.

How much av Pettersson and Karlsson played together this season? They feel like a natural pairing
They've been together for a majority of the season, with great results.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Just need a few forwards now

I think:

Eklund is a yes
Zetterlund is a yes
Holtz is a yes

The question is if Hallam thinks someone like Lekkerimäki might in fact be better than Holtz

Reactions: erikhamren

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Just need a few forwards now

I think:

Eklund is a yes
Zetterlund is a yes
Holtz is a yes

The question is if Hallam thinks someone like Lekkerimäki might in fact be better than Holtz
Kind of feels like with the Olofsson addition, chances of seeing Holtz or Lekkerimäki on the team are slim.

Will be interesting to see how far FUS goes.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden

Apparently Tömmernes have declined an invitation. Not that he was needed anyway with so many NHL DS. But I guess Heed and Fantenberg can book their tickets to Prague

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Kind of feels like with the Olofsson addition, chances of seeing Holtz or Lekkerimäki on the team are slim.

Will be interesting to see how far FUS goes.
Holtz is better than Olofsson. Such a dumb desicion to add Olofsson.

Apparently Tömmernes have declined an invitation. Not that he was needed anyway with so many NHL DS. But I guess Heed and Fantenberg can book their tickets to Prague
Heed actually where an nhler, unlike tömmernäs. Heed on third pairing is fine.

Reactions: weklof

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Who will be the 3rd goalie? Might be wise to invite in Lasse Johansson. Ersson and Gustavsson are good goalies but young. Lasse can bring some experience.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Who will be the 3rd goalie? Might be wise to invite in Lasse Johansson. Ersson and Gustavsson are good goalies but young. Lasse can bring some experience.
I still have ptsd from watching Lasse last year.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
He was horrendous when it mattered.
yes, but great against Canada and Russia in qf and semifinals in Olympics. Im sure he is burning of revenge over that Latvia game.

Gustavsson and Ersson will play all the games. Bring Lindbom as a 3rd stringer to get experience
If no Lasse, then i would pick Wallstedt. He was great in last WC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad