WC: WC: 2024 Team Sweden Roster Talk

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Being an NHLer does not automatically mean good. Look at Silfverberg last year, he was terrible.

Lindholm is ok, but there is better options.
We will have to disagree. In pretty tired of seeing our Euros in Worlds.

Silfverberg was extreme.

Last gold 17/18 13 of 15 forwards played NHL. They bring something different, and are in most cases better than any euro IMO.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Lines right now

Sörensen - Ejdsell - Burakovsky
Strömvall - Bristedt - Friberg
Sörum - Wingerli - Lekkerimäki
Nygård - Johansson - Lang

Dahlin - Fantenberg
Sellgren - Heed
Hardegård - Johannesson

Lindbom
Larsson

I have Myrenberg, Alsing, Berglund, Ehn, Vejdemo and Andreasson on bench. I see them as the weakest in the roster.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Burakovsky - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund - Eklund - Rakell
Marcus Johansson - Leo - Holtz
Everberg - De la Rose - Friberg

Dahlin - Brodin
Pettersson - Ek65
Brännström - Lindström

Ersson
Gustavsson
Wallstedt

Optimistic version

Burakovsky - Carlsson - Rakell
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Raymond
Zetterlund - Eklund - Holtz
Everberg - De la Rose - Sörensen
Lindberg

Dahlin - Karlsson
Brodin - Pettersson
Tömmernes - Lindström
Pudas

Gustavsson
Wallstedt / Ersson

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Raymond is without a contract. He comes from a very season, and will get a big contract next. I will be chocked if he chooses to go to Worlds without a new one signed.

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
If you are talking about Erik Karlsson he has not confirmed anything. He said he was interested, but wanted to take some days of to rest and feel before confirming. Just Dahlin & Burakovsky has confirmed, whilst Karlsson and Eriksson Ek is interested.
Maybe you're right. We will wait for the final decision.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Excellent, we have a #1D and #1C now with Dahlin and JEE. Burakovsky is a decent top-6 winger. Now lets hope for Gustavsson to get a #1 goalie
Or possibly Ersson, who has said he wants to play aswell. Burakovsky was pretty far from a decent top 6 winger this season. Which is understandable. He has been injured a ton.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Nah, he's going by a finnish tweet that translated Karlsson's interview where he talked about drinking a pilsner and deciding.
Ah, well. I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s a year like anyother. So I’m just gonna sit back and await the dissappointment. Not just in the case of Karlsson but just in general.

erikhamren

May 7, 2021
Sweden
Ah, well. I’m gonna go ahead and assume it’s a year like anyother. So I’m just gonna sit back and await the dissappointment. Not just in the case of Karlsson but just in general.

yeah its better to not have high hopes. But with Dahlin, Eriksson-Ek and Burakovsky we have a decent ''ground'' to work from.. atleast 2 more nhlers and i think we have a great chance at medal. Will be difficult tho when other nations are getting their top players..

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
What happened to Olofsson? I remember he was quite good a few seasons ago in Sabres. This year seems like he has fallen off a cliff production-wise. 28 goals last year for instance.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
What happened to Olofsson? I remember he was quite good a few seasons ago in Sabres. This year seems like he has fallen off a cliff production-wise. 28 goals last year for instance.
His production has declined with his ice time. He doesn’t bring very much to the table outside of the offensive zone.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

His production has declined with his ice time. He doesn’t bring very much to the table outside of the offensive zone.

Yeah, his game floundered pretty badly this year. His shot remains excellent but his continued inability to do just about anything else has been a drag on his play for a while. I can see him getting a one-year show-me contract in the NHL next season or even winding up back in Europe because he has not shown that he will put in the effort to do anything but get to soft areas to try to get his shot off. He doesn't defend, never battles for pucks, and rarely goes into traffic for second chance opportunities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad