Division III, Group B
Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA. April 9-12

Chinese Taipei
Hong Kong
South Africa
Luxembourg

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well as for Lithuania, our generational talent is injured so RIP our chances. Would have been really nice to go for it on the home ice but oh well.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Want to see what roster Estonia puts together and whether GB can survive at IB level - two things I will look forward the most. Also what China has to offer.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Division IA
Grenoble, FRANCE. April 14-20

France - Entry List
Germany - Entry List
Denmark
Kazakhstan
Norway - Entry List
Ukraine - Entry List

Division IB
Szekesfehervar, HUNGARY. April 14-20

Slovenia
Austria - Entry List
Japan - Entry List
Hungary - Entry List
Italy - Entry List
Great Britain - Entry List

Division IIA
Elektrenai, LITHUANIA. April 7-13

Romania - Entry List
Lithuania - Entry List
Poland - Entry List
Korea - Entry List
Estonia - Entry List
Spain - Entry List

Division IIB
Belgrade, SERBIA. March 25-31

Australia - Entry List - Roster
Croatia - Entry List - Roster
Serbia - Entry List - Roster
Netherlands - Entry List - Roster
China - Entry List - Roster
Belgium - Entry List - Roster

Division III, Group A
Sofia, BULGARIA. March 25-31

Iceland - Entry List - Roster
Mexico - Entry List - Roster
Bulgaria - Entry List - Roster
Israel - Entry List - Roster
Turkey - Entry List - Roster
New Zealand - Entry List - Roster

Division III, Group B
Cape Town, SOUTH AFRICA. April 9-12

Chinese Taipei - Entry List
Hong Kong - Entry List
South Africa - Entry List
Luxembourg - Entry List

Last edited:

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Croatia should seriously start recognizing domestic talent at the bantam midget levels and the federation working something out with the Croatian CANADIAN community, sending a half dozen players to Canada.

Get a season of competitive CANADIAN bantam and midget under some of these players and you’ve got development of these players at a level unattainable in Croatia .

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Croatia should seriously start recognizing domestic talent at the bantam midget levels and the federation working something out with the Croatian CANADIAN community, sending a half dozen players to Canada.

Get a season of competitive CANADIAN bantam and midget under some of these players and you’ve got development of these players at a level unattainable in Croatia .

There are several obstacles to this, currently I am too lazy to write it...

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
Bulgaria is very close to promotion. Last time they played Division II in this category was back in 2003.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Interesting tidbit from the Div IIIA tournament: Through four games Iceland has scored 18 goals. Of that, Axel Orongan has 14 points. Iceland is 2-2 and bound to stick around in IIIA for another year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Serbia demolishes China in a pretty interesting development of 2B. It means China has very little chance of promotion.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Serbia demolishes China in a pretty interesting development of 2B. It means China has very little chance of promotion.

And due to inability to close out the game against Netherlands, they will probably fail to promote.

Croatia on other side will stay only because Belgium is extremely weak.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
And due to inability to close out the game against Netherlands, they will probably fail to promote.

Croatia on other side will stay only because Belgium is extremely weak.

Netherlands still has to beat China. With China suffering a heavy loss yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Netherlands today.

When you play in D2 or lower, the rule is: "more players abroad, better the result."

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
Bulgaria is promoted to D2A, New Zealand is relegated to D3B.
Netherlands lost to China. Serbia needs to win against Belgium to get promoted.

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
Bulgaria is promoted to D2A, New Zealand is relegated to D3B.
Netherlands lost to China. Serbia needs to win against Belgium to get promoted.
that China Netherlands game was dramatic, its too bad the tournament ended with a Serbian blowout win. Good for them, but anti climatic.

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
Don't know if anyone saw video or have pictures, but I am trying to figure out if the IIHF only made a mistake on the website, or if they also gave out the silver and bronze medals to the wrong teams in the IIIA tournament.

just noticed the pictures on the official site, I can only hope that the IIHF changed the tie-breaking rules and forgot to update the rule book. This looks really bad.

Last edited:

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Don't know if anyone saw video or have pictures, but I am trying to figure out if the IIHF only made a mistake on the website, or if they also gave out the silver and bronze medals to the wrong teams in the IIIA tournament.

just noticed the pictures on the official site, I can only hope that the IIHF changed the tie-breaking rules and forgot to update the rule book. This looks really bad.

According to the tie breaking procedure used last year (IIHF - Tournament Info 2018 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP), Israel should be ranked 2nd and Iceland 3rd. I would assume that the guys who developped the website screwed up his ranking algorithm.

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
According to the tie breaking procedure used last year (IIHF - Tournament Info 2018 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP), Israel should be ranked 2nd and Iceland 3rd. I would assume that the guys who developped the website screwed up his ranking algorithm.
It is not just the website though, the official site has pictures of Israel receiving a bronze plaque and medals and Iceland receiving a silver plaque and medals. The rule book they have online still agrees with what you cited.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
It is not just the website though, the official site has pictures of Israel receiving a bronze plaque and medals and Iceland receiving a silver plaque and medals. The rule book they have online still agrees with what you cited.

You're right, the 2019 rulebook (https://www.iihf.com/IIHFMvc/media/...2019/2019-Sport-Regulations-FINAL-VERSION.pdf, page 19) says that Israel should be ranked 2nd but there is a picture of team Iceland with the silver plate.

That's a huge fail by the organiser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad