Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Russia avanced roster

Sorokin/Shesterkin / maybe Vasylevski or Bobrovsky

Gusev-Datsyuk-Kaprizov
Buchnevich-Namestnikov-Dadonov
Kovalchuk-Tkachyov-Mozyakin
Telegin-Anisimov-Andronov /Barabanov(grinders line)
(Shipachev)

+ 3 spots for Ovi,Kuzya,Malkin or Panarin after 1 or 2 round SC

Voinov-Gavrikov
Tryamkin-Zadorov
Kiselevich-Nesterov
Marchenko

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given Russia won the Olympic gold got to think there may be some extra motivation for their World Championship team this year.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I doubt Datsyuk will play. He doesn't need it. Buchnevich is RW, while Kaprizov can play both sides (he is better on the right with his one-timers, though). And we don't know yet, what teams will be out after the 1st round of the playoffs. There is a chance we can get Panarin and Provorov.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not sure Dats and Kovy will play. Dats is almost 40, he needs to rest a bit, and Kovy is going to come to the NHL, so the last thing he needs is getting injured at WHC.

I think, Shipachev will make the team, we don't have a lot of centers anyway. Panarin and Tarasenko look like strong candidates as well. Gusev and Kaprizov, of course. Another NHLers in Namestnikov and Buchnevich. Anisimov, I doubt, but who knows. He looks like healthy again and getting another 20 goal season, but his health is such an unreliable thing.

There will be grinders of course - Telegin, Andronov, Nichushkin, Kalinin. I hope, no more than a line, but Znaroks love his grinders.

So

Panarin - Shipachev - Tarasenko
Gusev - Namestnikov - Kaprizov
somebody - Anisimov - Buchnevich
Telegin - Andronov - Nichushkin

And then Kuzya and probably Ovi after inevitable 2nd round exit.

P.S. We need more centers and LWs.

Puck Dogg

Puck life
Mar 13, 2006
The way Sorokin is playing in the playoffs, he should have good position in WC roster. Even with TsSKA and SKA players Russia will have a strong team. Add likes of Panarin and Buchnevich they are sure one for at least to reach semi's.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Barabanov is a good player. Won a game for SKA in the playoffs lately. He's one of those types, that can do almost nothing in 9 games, and then look like a freaking superstar in the 10th and win it. But he always plays with 110% efforts.

I agree, but Kravtsov has way higher potential. I was more making the point that Znarok will take half of SKA's team instead of deserving players from other teams.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
The way Sorokin is playing in the playoffs, he should have good position in WC roster. Even with TsSKA and SKA players Russia will have a strong team. Add likes of Panarin and Buchnevich they are sure one for at least to reach semi's.
Panarin is going to be unavailable :naughty:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Dadonov, Buchnevich and Tarasenko are out of the playoffs. So is Radulov, but I doubt he'll agree to play at WHC. I wouldn't mind Goldobin and Zykov as well, if they can play LW/C positions.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Dadonov, Buchnevich and Tarasenko are out of the playoffs. So is Radulov, but I doubt he'll agree to play at WHC. I wouldn't mind Goldobin and Zykov as well, if they can play LW/C positions.
Goldobin and Zykov? What did they do? They are nowhere near top team level.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad