AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: Youre a prospect until youre 30 and youll like it!

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Poulin took a pretty big hit from admiring his pass. But he's ok.

Legare getting scrappy in front of the net on the second unit of the PP.

Yay Rachel is still part of the arena team.

4th Phantoms shot goes in. Unlucky bounce to a dude right in the slot.

Start of the 2nd. Pens have already had a few PPs. Smith hasn't looked too special on it.

Caggiula and DOC looking good together.

Pens score on their 3rd PP. Puustinen with a very nice dish to Nylander. DOC with a very good screen.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Phantoms score on their PP. 2-1 now.

On the 4th PP Smith shows some of that smoothness.

Start of the 3rd. Hallander robbed.

5th PP and again didn't score. Looked good though.

Houde may have just been cut by a skate. Oof.

WBS pull Tokarski with about 2 minutes left. Smith throws it towards the net and Poulin gets the rebound. Tie game.

And with 1.4 seconds left in OT the Phantoms score to win it. DOC with a terrible turnover that lead to the goal. Even with that goof, he was the best forward for WBS today.

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Baby Pens lose in OT, Nylander and Poulin with the goals

edit: Didn't see Randy had been updating. Any other thoughts on performance @Randy Butternubs

Caggiula and DOC were both pretty heavy on the forecheck. If that line sticks together I suspect they'll be putting up points fairly often. Nylander adds that playmaking and skill element to them.

Hallander-Poulin-Puustinen had a few nice offensive zone plays that almost resulted in goals. No issues from them on the d-zone side of things.

Third line was a bit disappointing and Andonovski looked smaller than I'm remembering. Ando took a few hits to make some plays.

Legare continued his transition into a pest. And he got some time on the 2nd PP. Ansons's skating doesn't look like it'll be as much as an issue as I expected. Didn't notice him much though.

It took Smith a few shifts to get going -- probably got some mojo from all the PPs WBS were on. Which reminds me, for how bad the WBS PP was last year they look significantly improved. Only one game and I think the Phantoms have a poor PK but this is encouraging.

Friedman looked like his pest-self. Ouellet was a pleasant surprise in his two way game.

That's all I can think of for now.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Poulin’s goal was nice. Did a lot in that sequence before scoring too.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I know the game wasn't finished but I've got time to kill so I'm gonna watch and take notes:

Poulin wins center ice.
DOC loses ozone.
Sikura loses? dzone.
Svejk threw his minimal weight on a forecheck and causes an icing. Ok, not an icing.
Friedman getting a bit nasty and throwing some blows to a Comet he took down. No penalty.
2nd line and whatever pairing that was with some nice keep ins and plays/deflections in front of the Comets net.
Olson wins ozone.
Smith pretty good at getting shots through from anywhere. Nice to see.
Olson wins again.
Legare with a good chance off a shot from the left circle. Happened cause Friedman was on the left side and drew that forward towards him with a fake.
DOC wins ozone faceoff but Fedun can't handle it and then it's a 2on1 and the Comets score.
Sikura wins center ice.
Poulin wins dzone.
Third line with a good shift. Smith gets a shot through.
Olson wins dzone.
DOC with a strong shift stripping the puck from a Comet in the nzone and generating a chance for himself.
Poulin wins dzone.
DOC loses ozone. Agh, weak play by Caggiula in the dzone let the Comets get the puck to the point who then blasts it by Lindberg. Lindberg not happy with the ref but I'm not seeing any interference.
Sikura loses center ice.
Sikura loses dzone.
2nd line takes the puck from the dzone thanks to nice play and then nearly develops a goal.
Nylander won ozone.
End of 1. Shots: Pens 11 - Comets 12

Start 2
Poulin won center ice. Smith with a nice slide to stop a 2on1.
DOC loses dzone. Good dzone play by that unit and DOC feeds Nylander for a nice shot.
Sikura loses dzone. Svejk with his speed almost stole the puck from the Comets goalie.
Hallander hooks someone. To the PK.
Sikura loses dzone. Ansons wins nzone. Lizotte with a nice PK. Killed.
DOC loses nzone.
Nice forechecking by line 2.
To the PP! Nylander wins faceoff. Nylander loses faceoff. Annnnnnnd Ty Smith scores from justinside the point. DOC with the net front presence.
Olson loses center ice. Legare scrumming it up.
Olson wins dzone. Olson to Legare after that on a 2on1 but Legare can't bury it. Then Legare gets into it. Or maybe that was Olson. Probably both.
I guess Olson got an extra penalty. Pens to the PK.
Sikura wins the dzone. Friedman carries it up the ice and into the ozone. Is tripped. 4on4.
Nylander wins ozone.
Poulin with nice board work. Almost set up Friedman for a goal. PP now.
DOC wins ozone. Short PP is over now.
Poulin wins nzone.
DOC wins dzone. Iced. DOC loses dzone. DOC loses nzone.
2nd line making stuff happen this shift.
Olson loses ozone.
4on4 apparently after a scrum. Then the power went out.

2nd line was the best in this game along with the 1st pairing. Lindberg didn't look bad nor did he look good.

Enjoy my unformatted and unspellchecked Notepad notes.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I know the game wasn't finished but I've got time to kill so I'm gonna watch and take notes:

Poulin wins center ice.
DOC loses ozone.
Sikura loses? dzone.
Svejk threw his minimal weight on a forecheck and causes an icing. Ok, not an icing.
Friedman getting a bit nasty and throwing some blows to a Comet he took down. No penalty.
2nd line and whatever pairing that was with some nice keep ins and plays/deflections in front of the Comets net.
Olson wins ozone.
Smith pretty good at getting shots through from anywhere. Nice to see.
Olson wins again.
Legare with a good chance off a shot from the left circle. Happened cause Friedman was on the left side and drew that forward towards him with a fake.
DOC wins ozone faceoff but Fedun can't handle it and then it's a 2on1 and the Comets score.
Sikura wins center ice.
Poulin wins dzone.
Third line with a good shift. Smith gets a shot through.
Olson wins dzone.
DOC with a strong shift stripping the puck from a Comet in the nzone and generating a chance for himself.
Poulin wins dzone.
DOC loses ozone. Agh, weak play by Caggiula in the dzone let the Comets get the puck to the point who then blasts it by Lindberg. Lindberg not happy with the ref but I'm not seeing any interference.
Sikura loses center ice.
Sikura loses dzone.
2nd line takes the puck from the dzone thanks to nice play and then nearly develops a goal.
Nylander won ozone.
End of 1. Shots: Pens 11 - Comets 12

Start 2
Poulin won center ice. Smith with a nice slide to stop a 2on1.
DOC loses dzone. Good dzone play by that unit and DOC feeds Nylander for a nice shot.
Sikura loses dzone. Svejk with his speed almost stole the puck from the Comets goalie.
Hallander hooks someone. To the PK.
Sikura loses dzone. Ansons wins nzone. Lizotte with a nice PK. Killed.
DOC loses nzone.
Nice forechecking by line 2.
To the PP! Nylander wins faceoff. Nylander loses faceoff. Annnnnnnd Ty Smith scores from justinside the point. DOC with the net front presence.
Olson loses center ice. Legare scrumming it up.
Olson wins dzone. Olson to Legare after that on a 2on1 but Legare can't bury it. Then Legare gets into it. Or maybe that was Olson. Probably both.
I guess Olson got an extra penalty. Pens to the PK.
Sikura wins the dzone. Friedman carries it up the ice and into the ozone. Is tripped. 4on4.
Nylander wins ozone.
Poulin with nice board work. Almost set up Friedman for a goal. PP now.
DOC wins ozone. Short PP is over now.
Poulin wins nzone.
DOC wins dzone. Iced. DOC loses dzone. DOC loses nzone.
2nd line making stuff happen this shift.
Olson loses ozone.
4on4 apparently after a scrum. Then the power went out.

2nd line was the best in this game along with the 1st pairing. Lindberg didn't look bad nor did he look good.

Enjoy my unformatted and unspellchecked Notepad notes.

first pairing may be better than at least one of our NHL pairing if not two ;)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Not that it matters but that's a rather small squad overall. Like 5 guys over 6'0".

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
When did the AHL start allowing the use of a 19-skater game day roster? WBS has had 13 forwards in the lineup with 6 defensemen multiple times this year.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Nylander on the PP. Another assist for Smith. DOC again with the screen.

Nice poke by Houde to spring Legare on a breakaway. Goal.

This intermission dance routine is embarrassing.

Even my girlfriend agreed that Rachel is attractive. She brought it up first.

Pens win. 2nd line and 1st pairing were the best again. Caggiula has "fizzled out" on that first line. No real negatives.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad