AHL: WBS Penguins Thread: season is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know how your expectations can be disappointed if you're comparing his regular season QMJHL numbers to his post season numbers in the same league where he seemed to step up, so I can understand why you had higher exectations that have not been met.

I personally was not expecting to see this though. Poulin may have had a much better second half than first half, but even in the second half or towards the end of the regular season in WBS, he did not establish the kind of consistency of play or production that would have made me confident he would step it up in the playoffs. And this is all perfectly normal for a rookie who didn't light the AHL on fire in the regular season. He put up rather ordinary numbers.

Now BUF fans could be disappointed that Jack Quinn did not show up in the playoffs because his regular season numbers were off the charts. JJ Peterka, conversely, wasn't quite Quinn but was still a PPG player in his AHL rookie year and so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect him to step up -- and he has been killing it in these playoffs.

I guess what I'm saying is Poulin just isn't there yet. I don't know if he'll get there and if he'll pan out in general, but I know for sure it's not this season. I think the more important thing we need to see is can he become a dominant player in the AHL next season? Can he put up something in the realm of 25-30 goals and 60+ points. If he can do that, then he'll have found the level of consistent performance from which he could hopefully springboard into a strong playoff performance.

He’s seemed to turn up a notch in every post season since his draft year.

That is what I’m referring to.

Also WBS playing like their daddies… blowing a 4-1 lead in 10 minutes.

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
Pens go up 4-1, refs screw the Pens with 4 straight calls for the opponent, team proceeds to implode. Am I watching WBS or Pittsburgh? The games go the same way in both cases, way too often.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Filip Hallander
Kasper Bjorqvist
Valtteri Puustinen

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Looking for info on players who made their NHL debut last season. Can anyone here tell me a bit about these guys like what role they played last season, what type of player they are and what their future outlook could be? Thanks!!

Filip Hallander
Kasper Bjorqvist
Valtteri Puustinen

Hallander and Bjorkqvist are both bottom sixers.

Big Puusy projects as a top nine winger with Powerplay upside.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
He’s seemed to turn up a notch in every post season since his draft year.

That is what I’m referring to.

Also WBS playing like their daddies… blowing a 4-1 lead in 10 minutes.

Sad. Really sad. I hope that isn’t a harbinger of what’s going to happen in the big Pens game tonight.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If CLT has any home games while I'm in Wytheville this weekend, I may try to take a trip to watch some hockey in person for the first time in like 3 years.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
They suck, so I’m glad they were able to make the playoffs and get tgeee kids a taste of the experience of losing in the playoffs….which is an experience they may well not face with the big club for 5 years while we blow up there too.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
They suck, so I’m glad they were able to make the playoffs and get tgeee kids a taste of the experience of losing in the playoffs….which is an experience they may well not face with the big club for 5 years while we blow up there too.

To be fair that's what most teams experience in playoffs lol

Reactions: jmelm

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Question for you WB/S fans, how did a team this bad even make the playoffs to begin with? And then make it out of the first round?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Question for you WB/S fans, how did a team this bad even make the playoffs to begin with? And then make it out of the first round?
I think like 2/3rds of the teams make the playoffs this year in the AHL. Just because of COVID issues + it being primarily a development league.

Reactions: HandshakeLine

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Based upon standings, they finished 4th in their division with 78 points. They had the same number of points as Hershey but one more win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia