WBS Penguins 2015-16 season discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
HA! As funny as that sounds... I'm betting Shane Doan's "barn" is not much like the one out back on my property that I keep chickens and dirty equipment in.

SeventyOne

"71" & "Kuhnhackl"
Mar 30, 2009
Wheeling, WV
Back to Donatelli, he got off to a terrible start in Wheeling when he replaced Drulia midway through the 11-12 season. The 12-13 season wasn't much better. He isn't a good fit for this organization in my opinion. Wheeling had success with him in 13-14 and 14-15, but they were playing a much meaner, more physical game. That just happens to be the complete opposite of what this organization represents anymore. They should've just kept him in Wheeling.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they go after someone legit in the summer. You never know when Pittsburgh might need to make a coaching change mid-season and nobody's on the market.

Knoblauch would be my pick, or maybe Derek Lalonde, but if someone like Todd Richards wants to come back to the AHL that'd be cool with me too.

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Is it better to be an AHL head coach or NHL assistant? Would nasredinne consider coming back to head coach? I also wonder if we could "promote" tocchet to there selling him as prep for being an NHL head coach again and find someone else to coach forwards. But tocchet might not be the best guy to coach talented young players.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Depends what you want. Travis Green turned down an assistant job here because he wanted more seasons of head coaching under his belt.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If a guy has a lot of assistant experience but no head coaching experience they'll move to the AHL to get that, like Mike Yeo did. Or you'll see the opposite, like Todd Richards going from Wilkes-Barre to the Sharks.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, guys like them, or even Granato, Samuelsson or Kitchen, aren't ever going back to the AHL. They don't really care about padding their resume or even getting back to HC gigs.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Wbs is absolutely gutted compared to the beginning of the year. Warsofsky, wilson, Poliout, Rust, Murray, kuhanckl all gone. Sheary and sundqvist injured. There are also guys like uher, archibald, and porter but i dont know how big of an impact their losses make.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wbs is absolutely gutted compared to the beginning of the year. Warsofsky, wilson, Poliout, Rust, Murray, kuhanckl all gone. Sheary and sundqvist injured. There are also guys like uher, archibald, and porter but i dont know how big of an impact their losses make.

Yeah, adding Jeffrey was a big help. What's Sundqvist's injury?

The positive with Murray being up is Jarry is going to pile up more starts. He wasn't going to crack even 30 behind Murray but now it looks like he'll reach maybe 35.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean

The positive with Murray being up is Jarry is going to pile up more starts. He wasn't going to crack even 30 behind Murray but now it looks like he'll reach maybe 35.

Good for his development, but as far as I'm concerned, the positive with Murray being up is Zatkoff not playing.:laugh:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Jarry picked up a 36 save shutout tonight.

Jeffrey/Simon seem to have instant chemistry.
Simon 2G
Jeffrey 2A
Dea 1G

Simon's 2nd was pretty slick.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
Jarry picked up a 36 save shutout tonight.

Jeffrey/Simon seem to have instant chemistry.
Simon 2G
Jeffrey 2A
Dea 1G

Man, if Jarry can play well with this depleted line-up in front of him, and Murray keeps doing Murray things, I don't wanna get ahead of myself but I don't think the Pens have ever had this kind of goaltending depth in their 50 year history. And Maguire is doing well too I hear.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Its undisclosed. All we know is that he'll be out a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad