Confirmed with Link: WBS | 2Y: G.Wilson, Summers, DeSmith | 1Y: Corrado, Tinordi, Trotman, McKegg, Sestito

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
When stuff happens and when it's announced are two very different things. I'd be surprised if they don't have a deals with a few players already.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
When stuff happens and when it's announced are two very different things. I'd be surprised if they don't have a deals with a few players already.

Yeah, they might just decide to announce a few at once.

They probably just toss a bunch of similar two-way deals at about a dozen players, and hope that 1-2 of them stick.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
And there it is. Just announced three players.

Greg McKegg, Chris Summers, Jared Tinordi.

Edit: Four. Zach Trotman.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Wilson - McKegg - Sprong
Simon - Blugers - ZAR
Tiffels - Dea - Haggerty
Di Pauli - UFA - UFA
Josephs

Summers - Corrado
Tinordi - Trotman
Taylor - Prow
Zink- GOERS

Jarry
Maguire

Updated. Cool that McKegg, Tinordi and Maatta all played together for the Knights. If Taylor makes the lineup then he should have a good chance at being the PPQB on the 1st unit.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Isn't Tinordi like Hal Gill levels of fast?

I always thought Tinordi's skating was fine. He just didn't seem to have anything else going for him (no puck skills, not much hockey sense, etc.).

He's almost the opposite of Gill. Gill was smart in that he knew his limitations and how to properly position himself on the ice to negate his lack of speed, whereas Tinordi struck me as a guy with decent wheels who simply didn't have the defensive awareness to make it as a NHL regular.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I was just going to ask how their skating is.

How about their puck moving ability?

At least we have a 4C now. ;)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Compared to last year these are kinda meh. Looking at Trotman's games per season, is he injury prone or just scratched alot?

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Compared to last year these are kinda meh. Looking at Trotman's games per season, is he injury prone or just scratched alot?
You honestly think the Penguins give a NHL contract to a guy that was healthy scratched in the AHL 67 times?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Nice to see DeSmith be rewarded with a NHL contract, definitely deserved it after his season.

Trotman missed most of the season after getting injured in a fight early in November.

edit: *throws rock at Sestito*

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad