Ways the Kings can address goaltending next season

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Imagine trading a top prospect or pick to move Peterson a year before an easily absorbed buy out, all just to remain the same as the previous year - in which you weren't good enough to win a round.
Not to mention doing all this after trading for a goalie prospect you hope will be close to NHL ready and needing to replenish your pipeline anyway.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think it’s important to realize that the Kings aren’t going to be able to address goaltending this season.

Not to mention doing all this after trading for a goalie prospect you hope will be close to NHL ready and needing to replenish your pipeline anyway.
Yup. All of this will come to fruition after the following season. Not this upcoming one.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Because Copley and Petersen is potentially the worst goaltending duo in NHL next season. The Kings will lose games because of goaltending if that's the case.

Petersen doesn't have the mental makeup to be an NHL goalie and Copley was an outlier that was winning games despite putting up very mediocre stats, and that won't last forever.

And what's the issue with that?

The Kings are no playoff team and i hope horrendous goaltending will put us where we belong.
Copley will do great though

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Looks like I haven't missed much.
Proclaim greatness of team & coach; while pushing the infallibility of the coach/organization. Leaves when times get a little tough at the end of the season and avoiding playoffs altogether. Returns weeks after the playoff failure -- to start the process all over again. Oh joy, we're so lucky!

• Haha
Reactions: tny760 and Bandit

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Proclaim greatness of team & coach; while pushing the infallibility of the coach/organization. Leaves when times get a little tough at the end of the season and avoiding playoffs altogether. Returns weeks after the playoff failure -- to start the process all over again. Oh joy, we're so lucky!
It wasn't my choice, pal.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
If nothing changes between now and then, the next big move the Kings make on goaltending is July 1. Cal Petersen gets a $4M signing bonus that day and Korpi explores the market.

Supposedly, the Kings rebuild started with the acquisition of Petersen, not the rapid succession of moves that led to the trade of Pearson, firing Steven’s to hire Pitt Boss Willie, and eventually trading Muzzin.

Somehow Rob Blake, less than 2 months into his OJT, knew that Cal P was the guy to rebuild for the net out. Not a bad theory, but you need to place multiple bets to raise the odds.

Instead, Blake goes all in on a guy who never definitively took the net from Quick, who Blake obviously lost faith in following the 2018 collapse. Like all Blake moves, trading Quick came far too late and left the team with as many, if not more, questions than answers.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I thought Blake was really clear about that.

Petersen will play NHL and Copley has a contract while Portillo plays AHL
Our tandem is Copley and Petersen, why is that so difficult to understand?

There won't be any goalie trade
Can I say I told you so?

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad