Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If we keep liking their posts, it'll be another committed writer for the Kings.

On a serious note, I don't really like any of the options. Guess it's time to just hope they draft another good one eventually.
PRO TIP: Take a goalie who gives up 4 goals in a game his team wins, in which he is being scouted, then after the game when the scout asks him about his performance ----

If he says, "We won didn't we." That's your guy.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Goaltenders are becoming like Running Backs in the NFL.

Vegas is proving that.

Don't waste cap space on them. Just sign serviceable guys and play the hot hand.

I'd be fine with someone like Adin Hill.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Vegas is proving that.

Don't waste cap space on them. Just sign serviceable guys and play the hot hand.

Same

Would u rather have Varly or AHill assuming salary about the same? Varly kind long in the tooth.. maybe a pure platoon w Copley could work

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Same

Would u rather have Varly or AHill assuming salary about the same? Varly kind long in the tooth.. maybe a pure platoon w Copley could work
I'd rather have the experience that Varly has personally.

He's proven capable of being a #1 guy for years and all that would be really asked from him in LA is being a good 1B typa goalie.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I'd rather have the experience that Varly has personally.

He's proven capable of being a #1 guy for years and all that would be really asked from him in LA is being a good 1B typa goalie.
I like the idea of keeping costs down on the goalie so something like this makes sense to me. Korpisalo pedestrian showing in the playoffs prob puts him in the same salary category.. but Id rather have Hill or Varly than him.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Vegas is proving that.

Disagree.

While I think shooters have more advantage these days, I think this is going to be a HUGE market inefficiency now, much like it was right after 2010 when people pointed at Leighton and Niemi and you can just win with anyone all of a sudden

"just find replacement level goaltending" was a mantra for over a decade of losing ass teams, let's not fall into that trap again. Grab Saros.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Disagree.

While I think shooters have more advantage these days, I think this is going to be a HUGE market inefficiency now, much like it was right after 2010 when people pointed at Leighton and Niemi and you can just win with anyone all of a sudden

"just find replacement level goaltending" was a mantra for over a decade of losing ass teams, let's not fall into that trap again. Grab Saros.
The problem with that (at least for the 23-24 season) is that LA would need to expend significant assets to acquire Saros and then expend even more (and probably significant) assets to move Peterson. I don't see that happening. Maybe a year from now when they can more easily buy out Peterson.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I don't think they'll make a move for a goalie and they're just going to run with Copley and Petersen and basically pray that Cal finds his game. I don't think there's an ideal way to sort out the goaltending issue this season unless Blake finds a creative way to dump Cal.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I dunno how the Kings can address the goaltending issue. Hmm, perhaps draft their own and like they did with Quick and Bernier, or sign one as an undrafted UFA like they did with Martin Jones, and develop them.

Seems to be the Kings always seemed to have two NHL-caliber goalies on the roster during the time from around 2010-2015.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad