Value of: Wayne Simmonds UFA contract

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Simmonds has been having a really bad year, how much has it affected his ufa value?

It’s almost certain some old school GM will give him a contract they’ll instantly regret, but what would you pay him?

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Me personally wouldnt go past 2 years maybe $3 mil tops. He is most likely to land the most regretable contract since the Lucic/Erikson year

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
He’s not a player that will want to move around. My guess is a 4-5 year deal which will be the one where he retires.

My guess is that these past 2 years greatly reduces the pay raise he was expecting. Teams he’d probably take a discount signing to:
DET and PHI.

I don’t think those teams would be willing to dish out term without even thinking about cap.

I would think a team would be willing to pay a 4year 3million dollar deal, but he’d probably ask for 5 million.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Some GM will probably give him stupid money but he’ll end up being pretty comparable to Ladd, Lucic and Backes. He should be about $3 million for 3/4 years

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
He’s not a player that will want to move around. My guess is a 4-5 year deal which will be the one where he retires.

My guess is that these past 2 years greatly reduces the pay raise he was expecting. Teams he’d probably take a discount signing to:
DET and PHI.

I don’t think those teams would be willing to dish out term without even thinking about cap.

I would think a team would be willing to pay a 4year 3million dollar deal, but he’d probably ask for 5 million.

5 million per season? He can ask all he wants. He won't get it.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
He’ll get over $5m a season easily based on reputation and past success.

Someone will regret it, but he’ll absolutely get offers in the $5.5-6.5 range from someone.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No more than 2 years, 3 million per. If I get outbid, so be it.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
If all the Preds F's are healthy next game... Simmonds would be a healthy scratch. Grimaldi has taken his spot. :eek:

Broad Street Buddies

Jun 16, 2018
Montréal
I'm hoping a low dollar one year contract with Toronto to prove he still has something in the tank.
If he sign that kind of contract, its gonna be with the Flyers.

If all the Preds F's are healthy next game... Simmonds would be a healthy scratch. Grimaldi has taken his spot. :eek:
So that explained why he only played 1:22 today...i hope he gets a lot of money this summer but it's not looking good...

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So that explained why he only played 1:22 today...i hope he gets a lot of money this summer but it's not looking good...
It's probably not looking good for him to be able to play more anyway, he took that shot in front of the net early and never came back so it's probably more than just a bruise. I'm just saying if he WAS back, and if Boyle was back, the way guys like Grimaldi and Jarnkrok stepped up last night Simmonds would probably be #13 on the depth chart. It's too bad the trade worked out that way, I thought Simmonds would add something for us, and I guess if he does get back at some point there could still be a little time left for him to redeem himself, but things aren't looking good. Not sure how it affects his hopes for a next contract, but it can't help.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I can bet there will be one GM who will talk themselves into giving Simmonds 4.000M for 4 years. Grit, leadership, 60 point upside (not anymore though), teams needing help on the powerplay... Some GMs never learn.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I can bet there will be one GM who will talk themselves into giving Simmonds 4.000M for 4 years. Grit, leadership, 60 point upside (not anymore though), teams needing help on the powerplay... Some GMs never learn.

Going into this season, I would've agreed with you, but he's fallen off a cliff especially since the deadline.

17 games, 1 goal, 3 points is not good.

I think he's better than a 30 point player, but anything more than 3 million over 2 years is asking for trouble.

The Grabner contract is his best case scenario: 3 x 3.35

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad